How to Make a Resume on Word
Resumes are frequently used by expecting candidates when applying for work, whether they are transferring from one company to another or on their way to their first job. You can use a free resume template for Word when it is your first time seeking employment. There are different resume samples and resume formats you can apply to yours. What is critical to remember is that the content matches well with your resume layout. Resume examples are also available for applications in various forms, and they can be a resume in PDF, Google Docs, or Word. The article below helps you create a resume in Microsoft Word.
Download this Free How to Make a Resume on Word Article in PDFDownload
- Using Windows: Start with a Blank document, then select New. Search “resume” templates available on the search bar, and click Create.
- Using Mac: Start by clicking File, then New from Template. From there, select the Resume template you would want to use, and Create. You can also opt to Print or Save the changes you made to the document.
How to Make a Resume Using Templates in Word
Microsoft Word is one of the many resources you can use to create a professional resume. Aside from being easily accessible, it is also easy to use. Below is a helpful process of creating a resume you can submit to future employers.
1. Open the Microsoft Word application on your computer. Select New to create a new document.
2. To use resume templates, type “resume” on the search bar and press enter. A variety of templates appear, and you can choose a design you want to use.
3. A pop-up window will appear showing details about the template you chose earlier. It includes related information on the resume you are about to use. Click Create to start using the template.
4. Edit the contents of the resume by clicking on the field you wish to reformat. The advantage of using templates is that you can see helpful descriptions about each section, assisting you in filling out information accurately.
Note: If you do not have a template that fits your taste, you can download one from several websites. There are thousands of designs you can choose from for Resume templates for Microsoft Word in Template.net.
5. Aside from that, you can also edit the color and font face of the document. Just remember to keep the proper margins intact and ensure that the text is readable. As much as possible, keep your margins at one inch for each side.
How to Create a Resume in Word Using Mac
The Word application functions similarly with Windows and Mac. The main difference is the operating system and the available templates you can use installed in Office. Read the following steps to start creating your resume in Word using Mac.
1. Start the Microsoft Word application. Select New, and type in “Resume” on the search bar to view available templates.
2. Once you’ve selected your template, you can start editing the content of your resume. Similar to when using Windows, there are various elements you can edit in your document. Similar to changing the color of borders or shapes.
3. To do this, select the object by clicking on it. Once the resizing tool appears, you can change or edit the shape or color of the selected element. The selection is within a dotted rectangle, telling you that the object can now undergo modifications.
4. Edit the resume’s content according to the dummy text in each container. Take note of each description as it helps you write a comprehensive resume.