How to Make Address Labels in Word
Labels aren’t just stickers plastered on kids’ lunchboxes or notebooks, they have a variety of uses. Address labels, in particular, are important for mailing lists and establishing ownership. It can be especially useful in cases that involve lost items, misplaced belongings, or accidental mix ups. With a label, it can be easier to return a lost item or figure out who it belongs to. The good news is that you do not need to look far or ask help from a professional to design an address label. By using basic Microsoft Office programs like Microsoft Excel and Word, you can create a label in minutes. The tutorial guide below applies to most Word versions including Microsoft Word 2019.
Download this Free How to Make Address Labels in Word Article in PDFDownload
- For Windows: Click on New, then type ‘address label’ in the search bar and browse through the sample templates. Pick one and click Create.
- For Mac: Click on New, and input ‘address label’ in the search bar. Choose a design and select Create. Or select File then New from Template in the Word editor page.
How to Create Address Labels Using Templates in Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word has several templates that you can use for all your address label needs. No need to start from scratch with the use of a ready-made template! Follow the quick guide below to get started:
1. Open Microsoft Word and click the New icon on the left. Using the search bar, type ‘address label’.
2. Select a design from the sample templates displayed and click Create.
3. Some of the templates contain 30 address labels on a single page. To change the name, simply highlight the text and edit it. Input your street address, city, state, and zip code. You can change the font, size, and color of the text as you see fit.
4. When you are happy with your design, save your Word file. You can print out several copies to stock up on address labels.
Note: If you are looking for more bold and creative designs, Template.net has dozens of address label templates available in Word format.
How to Create Address Labels for Mac in Microsoft Word
For Mac users, the process is similarly straightforward and easy. Choose from among several label designs in the template gallery. To begin the process of customizing your own address label, follow the instructions below.
1. Open Microsoft Word and click the New icon on the menu bar located on the left. In the search bar, type in ‘address label’. Browse the available templates, choose a design, and hit Create.
Note: You can also use Shift+Command+P as an alternative.
2. Highlight the words to change the name and information. Change the font style and color to whatever works for you.
3. When you type in a name in one label, it will automatically do the same for the rest. You don’t have to worry about manually changing the text for each label.
4. After editing or once you are satisfied with the overall design of your address label, save the Word file to your computer or external drive. You can even print out the labels using sticker paper.