- Open Google Docs on your preferred web browser.
- Choose a brochure template or start from scratch.
- Open your template and start customizing.
- Add, remove, or replace images.
- Choose the right font styles and font colors.
- Polish and save on Google Drive or download and save to your computer’s storage.
The simple step-by-step guide below will walk you through the process of creating a brochure on Google Docs. It’s very easy to follow. You don’t have to be a Google Docs expert to understand it. We’ve also included screenshot images to show you how the process looks like.
How to Make Brochures Using Templates in Google Docs
Google Docs has caught up to Microsoft Word as one of the major editing apps. For one, it’s completely web-based and accessible for everyone using their preferred web browsers. Plus, it has all the needed tools to design brochures.
1. Open your preferred web browser, either Firefox, Google Chrome, or Microsoft Edge, and type “docs.google.com” in the address bar. If your Google account isn’t logged in yet, the page will ask you to do so first. And if you don’t have a Google account, don’t worry. Signing up doesn’t take more than ten minutes,
2. Once you’ve opened Google Docs on your browser, click on the Template Gallery and look for brochures. You can also use our Brochure Templates in Google Docs or refer to our flyer templates for inspiration, each of which has a unique built-in design.
Note: If you don’t want to rely on templates, it’s totally fine. You have the freedom to be creative. Click on the Blank option on Google Docs’s Start a New Document section.
4. Once you’ve chosen a brochure template, you can start customizing it. Input your company name, product name, product description, or any information you wish to communicate to the public.
5. Adding images is a big part of the process, but a simple one. To add images, just click on Insert found on the menu bar, and then click on Image. You’ll be given the option to add images from your computer, the web, Google Drive, or through your camera.
Note: You can remove the existing images of your chosen template. Simply right-click on the image and then several options will show on your screen. Choose Cut. Or, you can type Cltr+X on your keyboard. You can also choose the Replace Image option to add your own image more quickly.
6. When you’ve written all the needed text on your brochure, set the best font styles on them. Google Docs offers hundreds of font styles for different themes. Make sure to choose font styles that are readable.