- 1. Comic Con YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 2. Parent’s Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 3. Series YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 4. Music YouTube Thumbnail Example
- 5. Fashion YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 6. Furniture YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 7. Business Strategy YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 8. Makeup YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 9. Restaurant YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 10. Travel YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 11. Influencer YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 12. Menu YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 13. Skincare YouTube Thumbnail Example
- 14. Cocktail YouTube Thumbnail Example
- 15. Soap Making YouTube Thumbnail Example
- 16. Thanksgiving YouTube Thumbnail Example
- 17. Meal Plan YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 18. Fitness YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 19. Corporate YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 20. Nurses Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 21. Christmas YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 22. Blogger YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 23. Cooking YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 24. Yoga YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 25. Patriot’s Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 26. Shopping YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 27. Art YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 28. Sports YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 29. Business Plan YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 30. National Library Worker’s Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 31. National Day of Prayer YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 32. Father’s Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 33. Hillsong Worship YouTube Thumbnail Example
- 34. Philosophy YouTube Thumbnail Example
- 35. Martial Arts YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 36. Mindfulness YouTube Thumbnail Example
- 37. Surfing YouTube Thumbnail Example
- 38. Earth Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 39. Charity YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 40. Hanukkah YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 41. Memorial Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 42. Arbor Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 43. Ascension Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 44. Armed Forces YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 45. Chinese New Year YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 46. Martin Luther King Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 47. Black Friday YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 48. Palm Sunday YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 49. Easter Sunday YouTube Thumbnail Design
- 50. Mother’s Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
- YOUTUBE THUMBNAIL FORMAT
- 1. Graphics
- 2. Text
- 3. Title
- 4. Caption
- 5. Size
- What is the YouTube thumbnail size 2020?
- How can I make my thumbnails attractive?
- What is a thumbnail photo?
- How do you add a thumbnail?
- How much is a YouTube thumbnail?
Since its launch in 2005, YouTube has essentially changed the game. The popular platform has no doubt changed the way people interact online. It has made celebrities out of everyday, ordinary people. It has brought fortune and fame to countless ‘undiscovered’ talents. It was, and still is, instrumental in the rise and proliferation of social media influencers. And whether influencer or not, engaging content is one determining factor of success. Content does not just mean uploading videos, choosing the right YouTube thumbnail for each video you upload is a vital part of the process too.
To create a YouTube thumbnail design of your own, follow these simple steps:
- Browse through dozens of creative designs and ideas.
- Customize it the way you want and download it in your preferred file format.
So if your goal is more views, shares, and comments for your YouTube videos, then you need to be intentional when it comes to curating your content. A thumbnail is the first thing a user sees so it’s a classic case of perfecting that first impression. You only get one chance at nailing that first impression. Let the dozens of designs below stir your imagination and innovation!
1. Comic Con YouTube Thumbnail Design
Calling all comic book enthusiasts! The Comic Con template below does not lack spunk at all with its winning color combination of yellow and purple.
2. Parent’s Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
Looking for positive content for your YouTube channel? Why not show Mom and Dad you appreciate them with this Parent’s Day template?
3. Series YouTube Thumbnail Design
This YouTube template below shows a preview of an original series. Its dark and moody background just gives you a feeling that it’s going to be a good one.
4. Music YouTube Thumbnail Example
Music and music videos make up an integral part of the content on YouTube. This playlist thumbnail below keeps it fun and fresh with intense colors and bold graphics.
5. Fashion YouTube Thumbnail Design
A lot of vlogs on YouTube are centered on all things fashion and trends. This fashion template makes a great example with its attention seeking text paired with a light and breezy thumbnail photo.
6. Furniture YouTube Thumbnail Design
This furniture template for social media, including YouTube, gives off a welcoming and cozy vibe. The quirky pillows and fire place make this thumbnail stand out above the rest.
7. Business Strategy YouTube Thumbnail Design
Up your corporate game with this lively business template. YouTube is not just for fun, it has hosts some useful business strategy videos too.
8. Makeup YouTube Thumbnail Design
Professional and ammeter makeup artists abound on YouTube. Give your followers a variety of makeup looks so there have more options. Take a cue from the sample template below.
9. Restaurant YouTube Thumbnail Design
Strategic positioning and artsy angles make this restaurant template below lovely to look at. The appetizing image makes it a perfect YouTube thumbnail!
10. Travel YouTube Thumbnail Design
What’s on your travel checklist? Travel vlogs are quite popular on YouTube. Your video’s thumbnail should convey the need for wanderlust too!
11. Influencer YouTube Thumbnail Design
The rise of the social media influencer is in part thanks to platforms like YouTube. Get the attention you seek with engaging content, starting with an eye catching thumbnail. Look to this influencer template below for inspiration!
12. Menu YouTube Thumbnail Design
Curate your YouTube channel exactly how you would a food menu. The thumbnail below starts by asking a question to provoke viewers to form opinions and ideas.
13. Skincare YouTube Thumbnail Example
Skincare routines are some of the most popular vlogs on YouTube. The thumbnail below nails it (no pun intended) with its simple yet captivating design.
14. Cocktail YouTube Thumbnail Example
Are you a budding mixologist? This vintage-style cocktail thumbnail is sure to have your followers and viewers saying cheers!
15. Soap Making YouTube Thumbnail Example
Who knew soaps could look so pretty? This soap making YouTube thumbnail is fun and playful with its groovy soap designs.
16. Thanksgiving YouTube Thumbnail Example
The intricate drawings add another interesting layer to the subdued background in this Thanksgiving YouTube thumbnail. It also uses an expected color, like pink, versus the traditional holiday orange color.
17. Meal Plan YouTube Thumbnail Design
Jump on the wellness bandwagon! Meal planning is an essential element to any healthy routine. Check out the meal plan thumbnail below for inspiration!
18. Fitness YouTube Thumbnail Design
The COVID-19 pandemic saw a rise in preference and popularity for home workouts. Stay fit even during quarantine! The fitness template below features a simple yet impactful thumbnail.
19. Corporate YouTube Thumbnail Design
The corporate template below uses a basic design with just a splash of red to make an eye-catching business statement.
20. Nurses Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
Give nurses everywhere the love and respect they deserve. Celebrate these brave front liners in a Nurses Day tribute video on YouTube!
21. Christmas YouTube Thumbnail Design
Tis the season to be grateful! The Christmas template below offers gift shopping ideas. Show some holiday spirit like how the pretty package below is neatly wrapped in a candy cane bow.
22. Blogger YouTube Thumbnail Design
Need fresh ideas for your blog post? Food is always a good idea. Be a foodie vlogger and feature multiple cuisines for added variety.
23. Cooking YouTube Thumbnail Design
Are you fond of cooking magazines and cooking shows? Today, it’s so easy to just go on YouTube and find cooking classes and food recipes. The thumbnail below features a delectable image of a classic crowd-favorite, carbonara.
24. Yoga YouTube Thumbnail Design
Are you a budding yoga instructor? Take it a notch higher and upload your classes online! YouTube can serve as a powerful platform to spread awareness about the life changing benefits of yoga and mindfulness.
25. Patriot’s Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
Show your nation some love with a Patriot’s Day tribute! The thumbnail below keeps it classic with red, white, and blue.
26. Shopping YouTube Thumbnail Design
Everyone needs a little retail therapy every now and then. And nothing says shopping spree more than multiple paper bags on each arm, as seen in the example below.
27. Art YouTube Thumbnail Design
Feeling artsy? Creativity is not meant to be kept in, it’s meant to be shared. And you don’t even need to be an art director to get creative. If you have an artistic bone in your body, sharing your tips with others will bring more meaning and purpose.
28. Sports YouTube Thumbnail Design
Sports, like music, bring people together. This sports template below features one of the world’s most popular games, basketball. The dark background does well to emphasize the thumbnail’s text and image.
29. Business Plan YouTube Thumbnail Design
How-To vlogs are popular online. From how to do one’s makeup to creating effective business plans, there’s always something to learn and YouTubers can’t seem to get enough of it.
30. National Library Worker’s Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
Books open the door to knowledge and imagination. Librarians, as steward and keepers of books, should be celebrated every National Library Worker’s Day. Pay homage to them via your YouTube channel!
31. National Day of Prayer YouTube Thumbnail Design
Billions of faithful people around the world believe in the power of prayer. Celebrate the National Day of Prayer on YouTube and join others hope for the healing of our broken world.
32. Father’s Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
Pay tribute to Dads everywhere with this Father’s Day thumbnail template. A compilation of “all things Dad” decorate the background in the example below.
33. Hillsong Worship YouTube Thumbnail Example
Experience the life-giving beauty of praise and worship songs! Hillsong Church, a world-renowned Christian denomination, holds services all over the world to spread the saving message of Jesus Christ.
34. Philosophy YouTube Thumbnail Example
Our values and personal philosophy define our thoughts and deeds. Whatever religion or philosophy you subscribe to, may it lead you to a greater understanding of the self. As seen below, Bruce Lee was not only an iconic martial arts master, his philosophy influenced people’s perspectives as well.
35. Martial Arts YouTube Thumbnail Design
The fascinating world of martials arts has always attracted people, regardless of background. If you’re looking for compelling content for your channel, a beginner course on marital arts or a self-defense tutorial are just some great ideas.
36. Mindfulness YouTube Thumbnail Example
In today’s increasingly busy and complicated world, it’s getting harder and harder to slow down and find inner peace. Using a platform like YouTube to help people develop greater awareness and mindfulness vis-à-vis meditation techniques is a good way to start.
37. Surfing YouTube Thumbnail Example
Get ready to ride the waves! Embrace the carefree life of a surfer like this thumbnail example below. Even the font itself gives off a tropical island vibe.
38. Earth Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
The world today needs saving more than it ever has. The Earth Day template below is a fitting image of current times, as the ongoing global pandemic rages on.
39. Charity YouTube Thumbnail Design
YouTube can be a powerful fundraising platform to support advocacies and charities. This live stream thumbnail example below highlights its 12-hour charity event.
40. Hanukkah YouTube Thumbnail Design
Celebrate Jewish pride with this Hanukkah template thumbnail below. Jewish-related content on YouTube can help inform and educate people of different faiths about the world’s oldest monotheistic religion.
41. Memorial Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
Honor the brave men and women who served the country wholeheartedly. You can’t go wrong with a Memorial Day template that resonates with the American flag.
42. Arbor Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
Use earthy and organic tones like this Arbor Day thumbnail template below. Add a short and straightforward catchphrase and you’re good to go!
43. Ascension Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
Celebrate a glorious Ascension Day with a YouTube vlog! Use a statement color like orange to command more attention.
44. Armed Forces YouTube Thumbnail Design
Express national pride and gratitude to all the armed forces and personnel who risk their lives each day to defend the country’s interests. Go full-on patriotic by using red, white, and blue graphics.
45. Chinese New Year YouTube Thumbnail Design
Ring in the lunar new year with this red and gold number! The holiday is always a huge celebration and nothing says Chinese New Year more than a golden dragon.
46. Martin Luther King Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
What Martin Luther King, Jr. stood for during the civil rights era would disrupt a nation and his ideals still resonate even up to the present day. Celebrate the civil rights icon with this thumbnail template below.
47. Black Friday YouTube Thumbnail Design
Looking for fashion content for your vlog? Surviving fashion’s most notorious holiday is one idea. The Black Friday template below uses you guessed it, a black background.
48. Palm Sunday YouTube Thumbnail Design
For your Palm Sunday YouTube content, pick out a favorite Scripture verse from the Bible. The simple template below keeps a refreshing and minimalist design.
49. Easter Sunday YouTube Thumbnail Design
The Easter Sunday template below features pastel-colored eggs; it’s sure to be a hit with kids.
50. Mother’s Day YouTube Thumbnail Design
Shower Mom with nothing but love and appreciation on Mother’s Day! The YouTube thumbnail below plays it soft and sweet with its pink themed design.
YOUTUBE THUMBNAIL FORMAT
It doesn’t matter if you’re a social media influencer with a considerable following or a person in the early stages of his YouTube channel, quality content is always the goal. And believe it or not, choosing the right thumbnail is part of that goal as well. Scroll down below for a quick guide to coming up with the best possible thumbnail.
Because it’s a YouTube video, you need to find the best possible shot or frame that will serve as your thumbnail. The image and graphics should not only be attention grabbing, but relevant to the video’s content too.
Although not all videos require text, those that do need to be clear and attractive. Pay close attention to the size and font of the text. You want it to stand out and complement the graphics. You can also include a logo if you have one. This can help establish familiarity. You can use it in all your subsequent videos for uniformity.
The title that appears on your thumbnail will determine if the user will click it or skip it. It needs to be witty and thought-provoking enough for the person to eventually click the link.
A caption is optional, but providing a short description below the title can help users get a better idea of what the video is about. Sometimes, the caption is just a subheading related to the main title.
Before uploading, make sure your thumbnail meets YouTube community standards. The generally accepted size is 1280 x 720 pixels.
What is the YouTube thumbnail size 2020?
The YouTube thumbnail size is 1280 x 720 pixels. According to YouTube’s guidelines, the minimum width is 640 pixels.
How can I make my thumbnails attractive?
Pick out the most striking frame or snapshot of your video. Your thumbnail needs to capture the overall vibe that you are going for. Make text and titles bold enough to read too.
What is a thumbnail photo?
A thumbnail photo is a scaled down preview photo that acts as a front cover for a YouTube video.
How do you add a thumbnail?
After signing onto YouTube, click ‘Content’ on the left-side menu. Select a video and choose an auto-generated thumbnail. Afterwards, click ‘Save’.
How much is a YouTube thumbnail?
Another option is to have a thumbnail customized. If you choose to have it professionally done, the cost can average anywhere from $10 to $20.