Getting ready for your upcoming job interview? Job interviews play a vital role in any recruitment process. It is one way of ensuring and validating whether or not the applicant has the required qualifications for the job aside from the other standard processes such as the application letter and resume. For the job applicants, we’ve provided you here 25+ popular interview questions to help ease the tension and prepare you more for the interview.
On the part of the employers, a review of interview questions is pertinent for them to progressively update their set of questions. They can junk some archaic questions and come up with new ones that would be sufficient for the required position.
Types of Job Interviews
As an applicant, you must show how proactive and ready you are for an interview. It is always an excellent practice to inquire about the type of job interview that you’ll be put through. Knowing the type of job interview can make you more prepared and eventually boost your overall self-confidence. On the part of the employers, you can also choose from the list which type fits the nature of the vacant position or job.
In the pool of interviews, you can also refer to our list of rejection letters for notification, if you’re on the interviewer’s side. Here are some basic types of job interviews:
- Panel interview. In this kind of job interview, you will be questioned by two or more people which is referred to as the panel. The panel comprises authorized and capable company representatives.
- Behavioral interview. The thrust of this type of interview is to know how a certain applicant deals with a certain hypothetical situation or a work-related experience in the past. The questions are mostly situational.
- Group interview. In instances that the company is urgently in need several employees, group interviews are done to hasten things up. In here, the human resource officer will group the applicants and each group will undergo an interview and face the same questions.
- One-on-one interview. This is the traditional type of job interviews. In here, the applicant is asked by one human resource officer or the manager of the company that will eventually manage you, if successfully hired.
These are just some of the common types of job interviews that you can expect to help you prepare more and ultimately land a job that you desire.
Top 25 Interview Questions and Suggested Answers
Website Glassdoor Job Search presented top 25 interview questions based on consolidated research such as through the help of Google, Amazon, and other companies that conducts surveys and observe trends about job interview questions. Here are some of the top 25 questions based on insider tips:
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why are you interested in working for [insert company name here]?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- Why do you want to leave your current company?
- Why was there a gap in your employment between [insert date] and [insert date]?
- What can you offer us that someone else can not?
- What are three things your former manager would like you to improve on?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Are you willing to travel?
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
- Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
- What is your dream job?
- How did you hear about this position?
- What would you look to accomplish in the first 30, 60, and 90 days on the job?
- Discuss your resume.
- Discuss your educational background.
- Describe yourself.
- Tell me how you handled a difficult situation.
- Why should we hire you?
- Why are you looking for a new job?
- Would you work holidays/weekends?
- How would you deal with an angry or irate customer?
- What are your salary requirements?
- Give a time when you went above and beyond the requirements for a project.
If you’re looking for job offer letter samples, you can also check out more references from our website.