Conducting an interview may be done for a variety of reasons. It is very important to come prepared if you are to interview someone to assure the efficiency of the time being provided for a specific interview. An interviewer should be prepared with an interview agenda so that the entire process applied in the interview will flow smoothly.
Also, having an interview agenda will allow the interviewer to have a prepared set of questions, which will be very helpful in the achievement of the purpose of the interview. Other than our templates for an interview agenda, we can also provide you with other samples of an agenda template, which you may use in a lot of other functions and purposes.
Interview Agenda Template
Informational Interview Agenda
Interview Training Agenda Template
Free Interview Agenda Template
Components of an Interview Agenda
If you are to create an interview agenda, you must be able to properly present a timeline to be followed in the interview process. A few of the items that you need to take note of are as follows:
- A few minutes may be used for the informal exchange of greetings between you and the interviewee. It is just a casual talk that will make the interviewee at ease in terms of conversing with you and answering the questions that he or she is expected to provide information with.
- The first set of questions that you are to throw must be more of checking the background of the interviewee. This is to assure that you have enough information about the person that you are interviewing which may be used in the purpose of the interview may it be for a job application or a medium supporting a cause or advocacy.
- After the first set of questions, your next agenda is to know the competencies of the person in terms of his or her knowledge with the topic that you want to talk about. This may include the items which you may mainly quote as information gathered in this part of the interview is very informational, motivational, and directly coming from the words of the interviewee.
- Other statements coming from the interviewee may follow as well as clarifications of the items that have just been stated within the duration of the interview.
- The interview process may be closed by a wrap-up or a message with a strong impact coming from the interviewee.
Aside from our interview agenda templates, you may also download our Meeting Agenda and Training Agenda samples.
Group Interview Agenda Template
Interview Visit Agenda Template
Tender Interview Agenda
Basic Interview Agenda Template
Items to Consider in Creating an Interview Agenda
If you are all set in creating an interview agenda, here are a few things that you should remember:
- Assure that the interviewee is comfortable and relaxed. Moreover, he or she should know the topic that you are to talk about ahead of time so that preparations may be made.
- In creating an interview agenda, be sure to outline the flow of the interview so that the interviewee can also phase him or herself with regards to the interview that is to occur.
- The items that can fulfill the purpose of the interview must always be highlighted.
- Questions to be asked shall always be organized.
- The usage of the interview must always be considered as it will guide the entire interview process including the kind of questions that are needed to be answered by the person to be interviewed.
Aside from our downloadable interview agenda, you may also be interested to browse through our Daily Agenda templates and samples.