Some people disregard the form of agreements and leave them to experts. This should not be the case. Bear in mind that written agreements codify and consolidate the rights and obligations of contracting parties. Moreover, general agreement forms are adopted by various institutions to ensure that their actions and decisions are well-grounded and with legal basis.
For those who are planning to enter into agreements, the following agreement templates and samples can serve as your guide in writing your own agreement may it be for business, academic, tenant agreement form or other legitimate undertakings.
Sale Agreement Template
Service Level Agreement Template in iPages
Marketing Services Agreement Template in Google Docs
Consulting Agreement Word Template
Vendor Agreement Template
Non Disclosure Agreement Template
Room Rental Agreement Template in Google Docs, Pages for Mac
Simple Rental Agreement in Word, Pages for mac
Separation and Release Agreement Template in Word, ipages
Stock Purchase Agreement Template in Google Docs
Business Investment Agreement in Word, Pages for Mac
Employee Non-Compete Agreement Template in Pages for Mac
Commercial Lease Agreement in Google Docs
Parking Lease Agreement Template in Word, iPages
Settlement Agreement Template
Sample Office Lease Agreement Template in Google Docs, iPages
Tenancy Agreement Forms
Residential Tenancy Agreement
Free Tenancy Agreement
General Tenancy Agreement
Rental Agreement Templates
Month-to-Month Residential Rental Agreement
Car Rental Agreement
What Should Be Included in an Agreement?
In terms of components, the sections of an agreement can vary depending on the governing laws of contracts that apply and the nature of the agreement itself A good example would be in the case of a simple non-disclosure agreement form that aim to preserve the integrity of confidential information between parties. For references purposes, the following are the common inclusions of an agreement:
- Parties to the Agreement – The full legal title, addresses, and other relevant details of the contracting parties must be emphasized in the agreement. This is to ensure that the parties have the capacity to enter into contracts or be subjected to an agreement.
- Object of the Agreement – All agreements have an object which is also the basis for the title or name of most agreements. In a rental agreement form, the object of the agreement is the property to be rented which could be either a personal or real property.
- Consideration of the Agreement – This would refer to the payment provisions or terms of compensation of a certain agreement. Agreements are made because contracting parties expect to receive reasonable consideration in return to their loyalty and performance of their respective obligations in an agreement.
Loan Agreement Templates
Personal Property Loan Agreement
Car Loan Agreement
Separation Agreement Templates
Free Separation Agreement
Legal Separation Agreement
Voluntary Separation Agreement
Roommate Agreement Templates
College Roommate Agreement
Apartment Roommate Agreement
Roommate Contract Agreement
Frequently Used Agreement Templates and Samples
Agreements are also referred to as contracts which are entered into by two or more parties to guide the performance of their obligations with respect to a certain transaction. Both have legal effect and are binding to the involved parties. Here are some templates that you should check out.
- Tenancy Agreement Form Templates – Depending on the stipulations and terms agreed by the landlord and the tenant coupled with the prevailing tenancy laws of your country, these templates can help you finalize your agreement. The agreement usually details the reasonable and exact rental amount, the duration, the payment terms and etc.
- Lease Agreement Form Templates – Blank lease agreement forms are provided to help the contracting parties, in this case the lessor and the lessee, draft their agreement. In a lease agreement, the description of the property which is leased must be included.
- Purchase Agreement Form Templates – A purchase agreement usually includes the purchase price, the details of the purchased property, terms of the purchase and other relevant considerations that must be included. Agreement form format could vary especially when the purchase involves either a personal or real property.
- Rental Agreement Templates – The rental agreement governs the relationship between the landlord and the tenant. The agreement should contain stipulations that upholds the rights of both parties, as well as their respective obligations. This agreement serves as a protective shield on the part of the tenant against the arbitrary encroachments of the landlord.
- Investment Agreement Templates – This type of agreement mostly includes the name of the parties, conditions and terms, stipulations as to warranties, provisions on restrictive covenants, confidentiality clauses, costs and other important matters.
- Loan Agreement Templates – This agreement transpires between the lender and the borrower which includes the terms of the loan, the payment arrangements and the schedule of payments.
Purchase Agreement Templates
Real Estate Purchase Agreement
Business Purchase Agreement
Simple Purchase Agreement
Business Agreement Samples
Business Lease Agreement
Business Associate Agreement
Business Asset Sale Agreement
Contract Agreement Templates
Sample Contract Agreement
Land Contract Agreement
Payment Agreement Contract
Employee Agreement Templates
New Employee Agreement
Temporary Employee Agreement
Sample Employee Loan Agreement
Exclusions in an Agreement
The contracting parties must be very keen and careful in drafting the provisions and statements in their agreement. Take note that once the agreement was willingly signed by the parties to it, it will take effect provided that all the requisites for validity are included regardless of the nature of the agreement may it be a confidentiality agreement form or a sale agreement. In line with this, here are some points that you should not include in your agreement.
- Imperfect or incomplete descriptions – As much as possible, you need to provide clear provisions and statements in your agreement. Vague and imperfect descriptions can lead to multiple interpretations and can be a source of conflict or disputes. In a loan agreement form, for example, the terms of payment and the exact amount of the money loaned must be accurate and validated at all times.
- Irrelevant provisions – Avoid incorporating provisions that are uncalled for or unnecessary. Every stipulation must be agreed upon by the parties.
- Agreements that are contrary to law and public policy – Stipulations that are unlawful or objects that are illicit are not welcomed in any agreement. Including such can result to unfavorable legal consequences.
Financial Agreement Templates
Child Care Home Financial Agreement
Medical Financial Agreement
Financial Payment Agreement
Investment Agreement Templates
Real Estate Investment Agreement
Investment Management Agreement
Internship Agreement Templates
Unpaid Internship Agreement
Student Internship Agreement
Academic Internship Agreement
Lease Agreement Templates
Free Lease Agreement
Lease Termination Agreement
How to Effectively Write Your Agreements?
If you want to protect your professional and personal rights, ensure that your agreement says it all. Consider the following tips:
- Apply a straightforward and simple language. Agreements must be concise. Fancy and informal statements are not really necessary in a contract agreement as long as the relevant details are added.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality. Agreements are confidential in nature. Aside from confidentiality agreement forms, agreements are binding between the parties and must be performed in good faith. Going against the confidentiality clause can be considered as a breach of contract.
- Be specific. The terms of your agreement must be specific. General terms can also lead to disputes that could be detrimental to the established relationship between the parties to the contract.
- Define technical or other important words. Technical words can be included in a contract as long as the description of the said words are clear and easy to comprehend.
- Make sure that the agreement is signed. Without the signatures of the parties, the agreement is considered as a mere scrap of paper. For the agreement to gain force and effect, the designated signatures must be expressly given.
These are some tips that you may consider in writing an agreement. Indeed, templates can help you draft an agreement. They can help you save time and resources.