On the search for well-designed student award templates? You’re on the right track. Appreciation and awarding mechanisms are vital in an academic institution. Recognition of ones effort is priceless compared to money. It is a customary practice that recognition and appreciation are given to those who gave their best in the realization of their endeavors. You may also see student templates.
Studies suggest that students value the moments that they feel recognized and appreciated. The feeling of being appreciated and recognized is something that all individuals aspire in this world. One way of showing one’s appreciation to the hard work and determination of an individual is by giving them the award they deserve. Feel free to check out our award templates.
Blank Student Award Template
Student Achievement Award Template
Student Council Award Template
Student Excellence Award Template
The Two Faces of Rewards That Students Receive
In the course of history, the giving of rewards and awards are already an established practice. Nowadays, students are subject to two types of rewards according to academic researches. The two types of rewards are as follows:
- Extrinsic rewards. These refer to physical, corporeal, and tangible items that are given to students as a form of reward and recognition. They are more concentrated on things and materials that the student may have if they achieve their goals. The parents, for instance, may award them with a vacation trip to another country or a car for passing the LSATs exam. Indeed, the idea of the material prize pushes the students to exert their 100 percent effort.
- Intrinsic rewards. Contrary to the extrinsic rewards, these rewards are driven by the aspiration to engage in a behavior because it is personally rewarding. For some, the altruistic feeling of doing something good for others is already enough. These kind of rewards do not involve the giving of tangible things.
These are the two faces of rewards. In drafting your student awards, it is always a good to know the different types of rewards for reference purposes. If you’re looking for Excellence Award and Appreciation Award templates, we also have templates for you.
Student Leadership Award Template
Student of the Month Award Template
Student Recognition Award Template
Honor Student Award Template
Elementary Student Award Template
The Advantages of Giving Awards
The giving of awards can truly facilitate the continuous growth and development of students. They affect students in a very positive way. Here are some of the advantages of giving awards:
- A form of positive reinforcement. By praising and giving students awards, they will have the validation that they are doing something good and commendable. It will remove the clouds of doubt on the part of the students. They will know that they are in the right track.
- Gives students a sense of meaning in their studies. As we all know, not all students are inclined to study. By giving awards and recognition, they will realize that they can get a lot of things from studying. They will not only get material prizes but at the same time personal and professional growth.
- Motivation booster. It is inevitable that along the way, a student will get tired studying. They will find it routinary and worthless. In order to shy away from these sentiments, awards are good motivation boosters. It will give more spark and surprises.
Indeed, the pros of giving student rewards are fascinating. So what are you waiting for? Start scrolling down and see the wonders of our templates. You can also check out our Word Award.