An award template will obviously be most helpful when the award you’re giving is an annual one. This means it’s one title every year using the same criteria. These kinds of annual awards are familiar to most of us: employee of the year, bank of the year, team of the year, etc. How do you go about choosing the candidates—and ultimately the winners—for these awards? These award templates will show you examples of the criteria that will nominate your candidates.
This is a varied list with examples for employee awards, manager awards, supervisor awards, and others. Download any of them as free PDF references when drafting your own criteria list.
Employee of the Year Award Template
Supervisor of the Year Award Template
Sports Team of the Year Award Template
Volunteer of the Year Award Template
Teacher of the Year Award Template
How to Reward What Is Rewardable
We go back to our question: How do you select the candidates and then the winners of your annual awards? This list of samples will show you how others go about it.
But before you create a list of criteria, determine whether you are giving an Appreciation Award or an Excellence Award.
- Appreciation awards are simply those awards you give to show your appreciation. The only real criteria here is participation, when non-participation might have been easier.
- Excellence awards are given when everyone is participating and everyone is appreciated—but you want to single out the top performer of the performers.
Naturally, different criteria will apply for either kind of award. The criteria is usually up to you and often up for debate, but for each kind of award, there will normally be obvious baseline criteria (i.e., valuable participation for appreciation awards, excellence for excellence awards).
All of these yearly awards focus on excellence. Keep reading for more information.
Nurse of the Year Award Template
Manager of the Year Award Template
Coach of the Year Award Template
Student of the Year Award Template
Bar Association of the Year Award Template
How to Use These Templates
Download a sample from this list and study the criteria outlined per field. We list examples for awarding these positions:
- Employee of the year. Probably the most common type of annual award that is determined internally within the organization.
- Supervisor of the year. Part of a recognition program to help organizations manage the managers. (See also Manager of the Year Award Template for a similar template.)
- Sports team of the year. We have a nomination form that supporting organizations and sponsors are to fill out to place candidates.
- Volunteer of the year. Usually nominated by the partnership clubs.
- Teacher of the year. This can refer to an excellent teacher in a specific field or department or the most outstanding teacher in the whole school.
- Nurse of the year. The Nurse of the Year Award Template below covers any recognized and accredited member hospitals of the awarding organization.
- Coach of the year. For coaches registered under the awarding administrative sports organization.
- Student of the year. We list an example of an Florida Institute of Technology application form to nominate oneself for undergrad or graduate of the year based on credit and performance.
Each example will clearly state their own policies and procedures for nomination. Download what you need.
You might also want to check out a Word Award template you can modify on MS Word for any situation.