With a lot of competition nowadays, looking for clients and customers can be challenging. You would need a strong marketing strategy to be able to reach your target audience and inform them about your business. A brochure is a well-made piece of paper that can give brief information in regards to a brand or institution. It summarizes a business’ history and objectives, along with the products and services they offer. That being said, it can be difficult making a brochure from scratch. For Mac users, Apple Pages is one of the best programs you can use to help you create the exact type of brochures in pages you want.
Elements of a Good Brochure Template
Brochures ought to be strategically made to be at its greatest potential. The goal is to fulfill the long term objective of drawing in customers and clients. Listed below are the elements of a good brochure template.
1. Choose an appropriate size and type: You have to consider how much information you would want to put in to be able to find out an appropriate brochure size and type. If your brochure is too big and the information inputted is minimal, it might divert the attention of the reader towards the lackness of the brochure. If you want to put much information into your brochure, of course you wouldn’t want to pack it all in a small pamphlet.
2. Opt for a striking cover: First impressions are very important. The cover page is always the first thing that a reader will notice upon stumbling through your brochure. So go choose the most striking illustration that is relevant to your business. Make sure the graphics are in high quality because pixelated illustrations are very distracting.
3. Decide on a palette: Upon choosing a set of colors to use for your brochure, make sure to reach the goal of color harmony. Color harmony is the production of a pleasant effect through a combination of colors. Not all colors can agree on each other sometimes so you have to be specific when deciding on a palette and make sure that all colors compliment one another.
4. Use a proper font and font size: Try to evaluate how much information you are trying to put in your brochure. If it’s a lot, you might want to consider using slim fonts and a smaller font size. If you are going for a minimally informative brochure, then you could play around with the fonts and the sizes. Keep in mind that the font and the font size should go well with each other as not to create a deflecting effect on the reader.
5. Consider putting in pictures: Any piece of paper with an illustration is always more interesting than a plain one. Putting in pictures might help your brochure come to life. Choose relevant photos to include in your brochure, and be careful not to put in too much.
10+ Brochure Templates in Apple Pages
Hexagon Hostel Bi-Fold Brochure
SEO Bi-Fold Brochure Template
Furniture Store Bi-Fold Brochure
Spa Resort Tri-Fold Brochure Template
Annual Report Tri-Fold Brochure
Book Store Tri-Fold Brochure Template
Cleaning Company Tri-Fold Brochure
Fitness Gate Fold Brochure Template
One Page Company Brochure
Elementary School Education Bi-Fold Brochure
Steps to Make a Good Brochure Template
Upon applying a marketing strategy, its normal to be expecting good results. But there are certain steps that are necessary to make it effective. You don’t just throw everything into a piece of paper then call it a brochure. Here are a the steps to take to make it a great one.
1. Use Apple Pages to create the brochure: If you make a brochure through Apple Pages, then you are only able to do so using an iOS device. Once you have access to Apple Pages, here are the things that you are going to have to do:
- Click on the “Pages” icon.
- Choose from the list of templates that you want to use in order to make your brochure.
- Click “Choose” to open a new document by using the template you selected.
2. Look for an online brochure template: While making one on your own may be fun and more personalized, it’s easier to choose a brochure template online. There are hundreds of templates available on websites so finding one shouldn’t be hard. Settle for the most fitting template for your business and and use it to make your brochure.
3. Gather information: Try to congregate all the information you want to put in your brochure. The most vital information to include would be your business’ brief history, objective, products and services, contact numbers, business hours, and location. Adding in testimonials, photos, brief biographies are not necessary but optional.
4. Organize the information: Make use of boxes. Organizing the information into boxes is a very effective technique to systematize everything in your brochure. Make sure also to arrange the boxes in a balanced manner along with the illustrations you want to include. All the elements in your brochure should be proportional to each other.
5. Print your template: Evaluate your brochure if it’s ready for printing. You can choose between using a glossy paper finish and a matte paper finish for your brochure. Take into consideration also the thickness of the paper finish that you would use. Do not compromise the quality of your brochure for the price.
Tips for a Great Brochure Template
There are tips you have to take in mind in order to make a great brochure template. Take note of the following:
1. Make sure the information is factual and updated: The content of your brochure is the most important part of it so you better make sure that the information there is factual and updated. Never make an attempt of putting in a white lie at your brochure just to make your business appeal or spike the interest of other people. This might cause some legal harm to your business when you get caught. Make some time to check also if all the information are updated most especially the location and contact numbers.
2. Know your target audience: It’s irrelevant to hand a fitness brochure to a two-year old child. You have to make sure that your brochures will get into the hands of people who are potential customers. Knowing your target audience will also help you figure out on what layout to choose for your template. If your target audience are kids, you can put in doodles or shapes. If it’s for professionals, it’s recommended to use a calming palette and a minimal design.
Types of Brochure Templates
There are a number of things to consider before choosing a template. The final output matters foremost in a brochure. Listed below are the different types of brochures and a brief description of each. Look through the list and try to choose which type of brochure is appropriate for your business.
- Leaflets: Leaflets, commonly knows as flyers are the most common type of brochure. It is a one-paged piece of paper that is easier to produce and is cheaper compared to other types.
- Bi-fold: Bi-fold brochures have 4 sides where you can put in your information. The conventional bi-fold looks like a booklet but can always be added with more pages. There’s a wider working space in each page thus making more area for promoting the business.
- Tri-fold: These types of brochures have three folds. There are 6 sides to which you can input information. Tri-fold brochures are easy to take anywhere and low cost too.
- Folders and Inserts: These brochures are rare and they have small jackets inside where you can put in feedback, or enrollment forms. These type of brochures are often used in banks, universities or any institution that requires on-the-spot filling up.
- Gate Fold: Gate fold brochures are also rare as they are most often used for high- end marketing and has eight spaces for advertising. These brochures are more expensive to produce compared to the conventional ones.
- Z-fold: These type of brochures look like an accordion when opened. The standard type has three spaces in the front and in the back but more folds could always be added.
Brochure Template Sizes
Aside from having different types of brochures, there are also different sizes to it. Select a smaller size if you want a handheld brochure that is easier to hand out to people, but if you want to put more content, opt for a bigger brochure. Bulleted below are the different brochure template sizes.
- A3 (US) 17×11
- A4 (US) 8.5×11
- AA3 16.54×11.69
- A4 (11.69×8.26)
Brochure Template FAQs
Basically, everything you need to know about brochures are already stated above. Below are common questions regarding brochures:
Is a flyer and a brochure the same thing?
No, they’re different. Although both of them serve the same purpose, there’s a significant difference between the two. Brochures are created by bounding multiple sheets while flyers are only single paged. Brochures are advisedly printed in special papers while flyers can be printed on cheap papers and reproduced through photocopying, although there is always the option of printing them in special papers too.
Do brochures really have to be printed in expensive, special papers?
Preferably yes, they ought to be printed in special papers. The paper doesn’t necessarily have to be expensive but what’s important is that your brochure looks presentable when read by a potential customer. People have the tendency to pass out a brochure they have kept to other interested customer so the paper must be durable so that the quality of the brochure would be retained.