The holiday season is one of the most looked upon season of the year since this is where most families gather to celebrate and be merry about the blessings of life. During the season, not only homes are celebrating and giving gifts but also companies and organizations as well as business enterprises who offer discounts and promos to their clients. For this, Christmas brochures and catalogs are being made to be given to the customers and visitors of a business establishment.
A Christmas brochure is an item which contains the greetings of the business company to their clients and partners along with the list of their products, services, and promos that they offer throughout the Christmas holiday season.
Christmas is all about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, who the Son of God, the King of Kings, and the Lord of Lords. To celebrate this wonderful event, ranging colors of festivities and glittering decorations are placed onto trees where gifts are stacked underneath. In connection with the festivities, a Christmas brochure template must also have related designs and should reflect the spirit of Christmas. To determine whether a brochure template is the suitable one to choose, the following elements must be checked in the template:
1. Festive theme and colors: Red, gold, silver, and green are some of the known colors of Christmas. However, there are also other color pairings such as blue and silver for a blue Christmas themed brochure, or maybe a Candyland themed brochure where pastel colors are used along with a touch of silver, gold, and some glitters. Yet, regardless of the paired colors, the brochure must have the look and feel of the season.
2. Decorations should be appropriate: For the Christmas season, angels and stars can be chosen as part of the decorations of the brochure as well as reindeer silhouettes, pine trees, and shimmering snow designs. All of these will add to the personality of the Christmas brochure.
3. Compelling cover: There are tons of different products and services that a company can sell which is why it is essential to attract the attention of the company’s targeted audience by using a compelling and eye-catching cover. For instance, if the brochure’s purpose is to inform the audience about an upcoming retro Christmas party celebration to be held in the company, then it must have the vintage or yesteryear vibes such as using vintage designs and placing the names of the presenters during the party.
4. Organized content: Nothing is more disappointing than a brochure template which lacks proper organization. This is why when choosing a template, the arrangements or the layout of each sectioned content should be based on their relevance and their positions. For example, the largest sale discount must be placed on top of the page to highlight the product while those which only have the less discounted amounts will be arranged at the bottom of the page.
If choosing a brochure template from the internet fails to meet the needs and preferences inline with the event or the company’s vision, then making the template from scratch can be a choice to opt out for. Follow the steps below to begin creating a Christmas brochure template:
1. Prepare the designs to be used: Either the designs will be created from scratch or be downloaded online, it must be saved in one folder and be named accordingly.
2. Open the preferred software application to be used: There are tons of various software applications that a designer or a template maker can choose from to make a brochure. Two of the most useful software application is Adobe’s InDesign software and Microsoft’s Publisher. Both of these software applications are specifically made to cater to the needs of creatives who are aiming to make printed publications such as books, brochures, and all other items.
3. Make a new document sheet: Most software applications have the option to make a new document sheet at the top-left corner of the window when the application is opened. After clicking the icon which is intended for making the new document, the size of the template should be changed as well as its borders, and margin measurements.
4. Create the layout: Tables and margins can be used for sectioning a layout. Nonetheless, it depends on the software application that is being used based on the features that it includes and offers to its users.
5. Fill in the sections: Ranging from the background up to the textual content, the sections in the layout should be completely filled out.
After the template is made, it should be saved in a folder where the designs are also placed. The purpose of this is to make it easy to locate the images and designs used in the template whenever there is a need to change or update it.
Christmas brochures should be informative to the reader and should also engage the reader till the last page. In order to ensure that a Christmas brochure is done perfectly for the targeted audience, the tips below should be noted when making the brochure or when filling in a template:
There are three main types of Christmas brochure templates: bi-fold, tri-fold, and brochure book. A bi-fold Christmas brochure template is a brochure wherein the designs and the contents are printed in a single sheet however its layout is intended to permit the sheet to be folded into two. This means that the brochure will have four pages in total including the cover and the back. Tri-fold brochure templates are folded into three sections resulting in six total pages. Lastly, a brochure book template will have several pages which are bind into one for it to have the look and feel of a book or a short magazine.
US, A4, and A3 sizes are the most common measurements that designers consider when making Christmas brochure templates. However, one important thing to remember when making Christmas brochure templates is to note the size that suits the audience. For instance, if the finished and printed brochure is intended to be handed at busy sidewalks, then it should be small enough to be placed in a pocket. On the other hand, if the brochure is to be displayed in the cashier’s station, then it should be big enough to catch the eye of the buyers.
Christmas brochure templates are important because of its role in making it easier to make a brochure intended to be handed before the holiday season ends. The template also allows a company to have a customized layout that they can use each year to maintain their personality and their identity to their target audience.
The different types of Christmas brochures are numerous since there can be various purposes and goals that companies have in mind when making a brochure. Nonetheless, the most known is the promotional Christmas brochure which is made to promote either an event or a product. This allows the company to reach out and inform their audience without having the need to speak directly to each client or partner regarding the subject of the brochure.
There are four software applications that creatives can consider using: Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, Apple Pages. Each of these applications has different formats. When Microsoft Word is used, a “.doc” and “.docx” file extension will identify the format of the finished template, while Microsoft Publisher will have a “.pub” for its format identification. Apple Pages will have “.pages”, and Adobe Photoshop will have a resulting “.psd” file extension to identify its format.
With the different Christmas brochure templates enlisted and named above, anyone can make a brochure that will fit their needs, preferences, audience, and their goal for either their company, business, or their organization who will be celebrating the Christmas season.