10+ Minimalist Square Brochure Designs & Templates
Over the recent years, minimalism has made its way to the hearts of people, which is business incorporate minimalism in their marketing materials since it places a lot of emphasis on the more relevant content. Aside from that, a minimalist design is also visually pleasing, and people love going through materials that are highly readable.
The same can said with brochures, wherein a minimalist brochure template design will force readers to focus on its content while keeping itself look appealing. If this is indeed what you want to make, then you may check out the collection of minimalist square brochure templates below that you can download.
Elements of a Good Minimalist Square Brochure
1. Front cover page: Regardless of the type of brochure used, the front cover is the very first thing that a reader will see, and it will set the expectations for the rest of the brochure. For a cover page to be able to fulfill its purpose, it should be able to identify the company, define its purpose, and showcase its product or service. Make sure that the cover page is striking enough to make the reader want to open the brochure, but not too informative that the reader would no longer need to.
2. The list of benefits: This element is intended to describe or identify the benefits that people can get from your products and services. When people go through advertisement materials such as brochures, they often wouldn’t care about what is being offered if the material fails to communicate the benefits. When writing this element, put yourself in the reader’s shoes, in what way are they going to benefit from it? Will it make improvements on their lives? Or is it even practical?
3. Product or service list: Oftentimes, the list of the products or services would precede the list of the benefits, but this is usually just a preference. Of course, a reader and a prospective client will always look into what a business has to offer to them. This element lists down those products and services offered by the business, and you may choose to include photos if needed, and if there is enough space on the brochure for it.
4. Description of the product or service: Besides simply listing down the products and services, you should also write a description for each of those for informative purposes. This element doesn’t necessarily have to be long and thorough, you may describe your products or services in short but direct sentences. This way, you’ll be able to save yourself a lot of space on your brochure and prevent it from looking cluttered.
5. The testimonial section: Your brochure might describe your products and services in a very compelling manner, not to mention the benefits that make them sound a lot more enticing, but in the end, people will still be skeptical about it unless they hear positive reviews from fellow customers. Because of this fact, you might as well take advantage of what your past customers had to say regarding your products and services and use it as a marketing strategy.
6. Contact details: When people are interested in what’s written on the brochure, they will most likely reach out to the company in order for them to gather information. This is the reason why if you fail to provide your contact details, then prospects won’t be able to get a hold of you. Also, to really make sure that interested prospects are able to contact you, provide them with at least two alternative contact details.
7. A call to action: Almost always, the reason why a modern brochure or any marketing tool fails to convert people is it lacks a certain element. Regardless of how compelling your content is, if you fail to include a call to action, readers are very unlikely to reach out to you. When adding a call to action, make sure that it is motivating and visible enough to really make readers want to do what’s being asked from them. Always remember that your contact details should go hand in hand with the call to action.
10+ Minimalist Square Brochure Templates
Minimalist Square Architect Brochure Template
Available File Formats
Minimalist Square Advertising Brochure Layout
Black Blue Minimalist Brochure Design
Organic Vegetables Minimalist Square Brochure
Monochrome Minimalist Square Brochure Sample
Geometric Minimalist Square Brochure Example
Minimalist Vintage Square Brochure Design
Clean Minimalist Square Brochure Design
Green Interior Square Brochure Sample
Minimalist Recipe Square Brochure Design
How to Create a Minimalist Square Brochure
1. Choose a theme: Before you start creating your brochure, choose a theme and use it as your brand personality. Businesses that already made a name for themselves are more likely to have a theme already, simply incorporate that theme on the brochure. However, for businesses that just started, they will need to think of a theme that corresponds to their business or purpose.
2. Target audience: Know who your target audience is, and use that as your basis for the design and content of your brochure. Different demographic groups will have different preferences, and it is up for you to learn these groups and how to get their attention. Once you’ll be able to learn this, apply it to your brochure design and use it to your advantage.
3. Content draft: It’s always better to have a guide than to go directly on what you’re working at, you’ll be able to work smoothly and efficiently while also keeping the risks of committing errors at a minimum. Since we already know how important the content is in brochures, you really need to ensure that it will go according to plan in order to convert prospects, gain new clients, and retain present ones.
4. Determine your budget: Setting a budget is part in the process of creating brochures. How much are you willing to spend for your business brochures? Once you’ll be able to set a budget, you will then have an idea on the level of quality as well as the number of copies that you will need to make.
5. Download a template: Even if it’s still your first time designing brochures, you don’t have to worry since you can always get your hands on templates which are found all over the internet. What’s great about templates is that the layout is already provided and all that’s required from you are a few modifications.
6. Edit the downloaded template: After downloading a template, the next thing that you will need to do is to edit it. Thankfully, the templates in this article are fully editable and will allow you to modify the layout as much as you need. During this step, you can do various things including adding more elements, removing unnecessary ones, rearranging elements on the layout, and adding content. Also, whatever theme you have chosen and whoever your target audience is, incorporate those on your brochure design.
7. Evaluating and proofreading: Right before publishing or printing out your brochures, proofread the content for any misspelled words or grammatical errors, and also have it evaluated by at least two other people. This will ensure that your brochures will indeed end up having exceptional quality and free of any errors.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Minimalist Square Brochure Layout
- Even if you’re trying to make brochures with a minimalist design, you may still want to add a little something to it in order to keep it from looking uninteresting. You can enhance the layout of your minimalist brochure by applying a faux texture or a pattern.
- Make your brochure stand out easily by playing around with perspective. Use unique angles to add a visual effect on the layout.
- Apply a creative effect by incorporating graphics with the typography. What this means is that instead of placing the text over the images, you are actually filling out the text characters with the graphics.
- Keep the design as simple as necessary, an overly cluttered brochure design looks uninteresting and disorganized, and people don’t want to go through materials that are barely readable.
Types of Brochures
1. Bi-Fold Brochure: Considered as the most commonly-used type of brochure, businesses prefer to use the bi-fold type since it is the easiest one to create among the different types. This type of brochure consists of one fold, two regions, and a total of four panels.
2. Tri-Fold Brochure: In terms of tri-fold brochures, there are a couple of them that are quite similar with regards to the number of panels, but are different in the way it is being folded. The first of which is the regular tri-fold, which consists of two folds and three regions of equal measurements. For this type of brochure, the side panels are folded towards one side of the card, enclosing the contents with two cover panels.
3. Gate-Fold Brochure: This is another type of brochure that comes with two folds and three divided regions, but unlike the tri-fold, the gate-fold type has two smaller side panels and one large center panel. When folded, the edges of the two side panels meet right at the middle, making it resemble a closed gate, and this is used also to enclose the contents. Also, unlike the tri-fold, you may choose to only use the middle or the inner panels for the content and just leave the rest for graphical elements.
4. Z-Fold Brochure: Yet again, this type of brochure consists of two folds and three regions. Just like the tri-fold, the panels here have equal measurements. However, unlike the tri-fold, these panels are folded in opposite directions. A version of this type of brochure that consists of more than three panels is referred to as an accordion-fold brochure.
Sizes of Brochures
- 8.5 x 11 inches (Tri-Fold, Bi-Fold, Z-Fold, Accordion Fold, Open Gate Fold)
- 8.5 x 14 inches (Tri-Fold, Bi-Fold, Z-Fold, Accordion Fold, Closed Gate Fold)
- 11 x 17 inches (Tri-Fold, Bi-Fold, Open Gate Fold, Closed Gate Fold)
- 11 x 25.5 inches (Tri-Fold, Z-Fold, Accordion Fold)
FAQs about Minimalist Square Brochure
What are brochures for?
Brochures are used for showcasing products or services, they can even be used to highlight the business itself.
What makes a brochure successful?
Applying the concept of AIDA—attention, interest, desire, and action.
If there’s something that you should know about these brochure templates, it’s that they are more than just mesmerizing, they are also functional. If you’re looking for something that will allow you to fully edit the layout, then these templates will definitely let you. So what are you waiting for? Download a brochure template now.