A travel brochure is a document that informs would be travelers the most sought after food, sights, and accommodations. Travel brochures promote and highlight the attractions, sights, and food your locale is known for. It captivates the travelers and puts them on a wanderlust high. Travel brochures are the perfect marketing tool to draw in crowds for you and other local businesses.
What are you waiting for? Making your own travel brochure is the best way to market your services. The easiest way to make your own travel brochure is to use a travel brochure template. Travel brochure comes in all shapes and sizes. This article highlights the benefits of each type of brochure to help you choose and eventually create your own travel brochure.
Let us first discuss what compromise a good travel brochure. Knowing these elements will help you in picking your travel brochure template as well as know what information to put in your travel brochure.
1. Captivating: Think back to your last vacation. When you had to choose what you wanted to do, or where you wanted to go. Remember choosing a travel brochure while in the travel agency or hotel lobby? I bet you just pulled the first brochure that caught your attention. This is the level your travel brochure needs to achieve. Of course, this is not the only element you need t focus on, but you need to captivate your audience to provide them with the information you know they need.
2. Descriptive: The point of most travel brochures is to show off the local sights, culture, and cuisine. Though a picture paints a thousand words, a brief description of those attractions goes a long way. Give the out of towners a taste of your world. Tell them how you, as a local, enjoy these attractions. Take them into your world one sight, one taste, one step at a time.
3. Provide Necessary Information: Good travel brochures not only tells you about the location and its hot spots. A good travel brochure provides you all the necessary information. It tells you where to go, how to get there, what to expect, and most especially, how much they should expect to spend. Information is the number one reason most vacationers look for travel brochures. You should also add your contact details and social media links as well. This way, you become a point of contact for your customers.
4. Promotional: This should go without saying, but brochures are used as a marketing tool. A travel brochure is no exemption. Good travel brochures should not only promote your products and services but the products and services of your business partners as well.
Knowing the elements that make a good travel brochure surely helps. Now it is time to make your own travel brochure. Remember, take your time. You want to be able to showcase what you and your destination has to offer. Here is a quick guide on creating your own travel brochure.
1. Choose a Travel Brochure Template: With the internet, information has never been so quick to find. Everything we need to know is just a few taps and clicks away. Choose a template that you feel best shows of the sights and attractions you have to offer. You do not need to worry very much. You are free to redesign your travel brochure any way you want to. Travel brochure templates are just a guide, a means to simplify an otherwise tedious task.
2. Choose your Color Scheme: In nature, light creates color. In the picture, color creates light. Choosing your color scheme is one of the most important parts of the travel brochure. It is literally the first thing that people notice. Match your travel brochure with the attractions of the destinations.
3. Compile the Photographs: Compile pictures of the local sights, food, and attractions. This will not only promote the destination, but it will also give you options on how you market everything. Show off the sights and show them a teaser of what awaits them. This also expedites the process. You will not need to go out and get new photos every time.
4. Organize all the Information: Take and compile all the necessary information. This speeds up the creation of your modern travel brochure. Once all the information is compiled, it only becomes a matter of arranging how the reader sees and reads the information.
5. Layout the Travel Brochure: Here comes the hard part. This is when you start to put to use all of the images and information you have compiled. Carefully sequence the pictures and the corresponding needed information. Put yourself in the shoes of the traveler. Make sure it is legible and easy to understand. Remember, depending on how you lay out the information, the vacationers may either have the time of their lives or refuse to ever return.
6. Test Print the Travel Brochure: Make sure to have several test prints of your travel brochure. There are times that the printed version comes out a little different over how it looks through your monitor. Have test prints made just in case the travel brochure does not come out the way you want it to. This way, yo only distribute the travel brochures that are up to your standard.
Depending on how much information you want to share, you can choose one of the different types of travel brochure template to use.
1. Bi-Fold Travel Brochure: Folded once in the middle. Booklet-type with an enticing photo and catchphrase on the front page.
2. Tri-Fold Travel Brochure: Folded thrice. Compact and easy to use. Provides essential information without using too much space.