Weddings are joyous events to attend and be a part of. But they can also be difficult to plan. That is why if you are a wedding planner or the to-be-wedded couple yourself, you should pay special attention to every aspect of your wedding. And that includes even the little details like what your wedding bi-fold brochure should look like.
In the next few paragraphs, we are sharing tips and hacks that any wedding event planner or couple may use when creating their own wedding stationeries. More specifically, we also share customizable examples of wedding bi-fold brochure templates. Check them all out below!
Just like deciding on all the other aspects of your wedding, it is also important to pay attention to your wedding brochure’s design. After all, these brochures will be one of the few things that your wedding guests will be looking at during your wedding ceremony or at the reception event itself.
Listed below are the most essential characteristics that make a compelling wedding bi-fold brochure design. Study each element and find out how you can incorporate them into your own wedding suite template designs.
1. Wedding Theme: The most important element that any wedding stationery should possess is its relevance to the wedding theme. Remember, you want your wedding to be as perfect as you possibly could make it. And one of the easiest ways to do that is by implementing a design theme or motif. This means that even the tiniest wedding tag and brochure design should follow the theme. Doing so will help make the entire event appear more organized and appealing.
2. Typography: The next element that should be present in a wedding bi-fold brochure design is the use of complementary typography. Choose font styles that belong to the same typeface families. Use only up to three kinds of font styles in one page or on the entire brochure. Well-chosen typography design helps in making the entire brochure be more readable and pleasing to the eye.
3. Layout: Another factor that should be considered when creating any kind of printed reading material is the layout. When creating a wedding bi-fold brochure, make sure that you choose a layout that presents all the information that you need your guests to know in an organized manner. Choose a brochure format or layout that has a natural flow and tailored to match natural eye movements making the brochure easy to read.
4. Content: Lastly, the content of your wedding bi-fold brochure matters a lot. Whether you are creating your own bi-fold brochure designs or you are using a pre-made printable wedding template, make sure that the final output is informative and helpful for both the wedding entourage and your guests. Examples of wedding details that can be added on a wedding brochure are your wedding timeline, the list of the entire wedding entourage, and the wedding menu.
Keep all these essential features in mind when crafting your own wedding brochures or stationeries. When all these elements are incorporated in your template design well, you will only end up with an appealing wedding bi-fold brochure.
As promised, embedded below are multiple examples of wedding bi-fold brochure templates. Each template is available in multiple formats to make it easier for you to download and edit them using the graphic design software program of your choice.
The most effective wedding brochures are those that manage to seamlessly combine functionality and creativity. In the list below, we are sharing tips on how you can achieve that for your own wedding bi-fold brochures. Read more below…
1. Add a Call To Action: When designing a wedding brochure, it pays to remember that a brochure is considered as a reading material. And, too often, people get bored when reading walls of text. And this is not a good thing to have during a wedding. A good workaround is to include easy call-to-actions in your wedding brochures. Examples are instructions to take pictures at the wedding photo booth and post their photos on Instagram using your official wedding hashtag.
2. Choose a good color scheme: Another helpful tip that any wedding planner should remember to do is to choose a good color palette. Pick a wedding color or colors that complement your wedding theme. And then make sure that this color palette is used in all the other wedding decorations, stationeries, and design elements. For example, you may also create a wedding bi-fold invitation card to coordinate all your wedding stationery designs.
3. Print on high-quality paper or cardstock: It also works to print out your wedding brochure templates on high-quality paper or cardstock. Choose thick paper or those that come with beautiful textures and designs. This can help make your wedding brochure look more elegant.
4. Add pictures: One design tip that is often taken for granted is the use of pictures on wedding brochure designs. Adding images or illustrations into your wedding brochures will help make it appear more interesting and creative. Remember, your goal is to make your wedding guests read the brochure and be engaged enough with it that they will know what to expect during the wedding ceremony and reception event.
5. Tell a story: As we have mentioned earlier, a brochure is a reading material. And the best ways to make a reading material engaging is by telling a story. For a wedding brochure, you may tell the couple’s story in tiny anecdotes, comic strips, or caricatures scattered all over the brochure.
6. Make it informative and useful: Wedding brochures do not always have to be the usual wedding entourage and menu list. Include other useful pieces of information like a map of the wedding reception venue, an illustrated version of the couple’s love story, or even the couple’s favorite quotes. Also, remember that your wedding brochure, just like your wedding invitation, may be used to tell the story of your wedding years from now. Include as much information on your wedding bi-fold brochures so that you can easily look back to your wedding day years from now.
7. Transform the brochure into a souvenir: If you are thinking of how wasteful creating wedding brochures can be since they will only be used once on your wedding, you are not alone in having this thought. That is why some couples and wedding planners make sure that they only create wedding brochures that may also be used for another thing. For example, some may format their wedding brochures so that they can easily be transformed into paper fans. Other more creative brides and wedding planners also create detachable bookmarks from their wedding brochures. The possibilities are endless when it comes to creating crafty things from your wedding brochures.
Combine all the tips above and you will surely have a memorable wedding bi-fold brochure. Create a wedding brochure that you will be proud of having years from now.
Listed below are a few suggestions on what can be included in a wedding bi-fold brochure:
In this article, most of the wedding bi-fold brochure templates that we have shown follow the US letter paper size which is 8.5 inches by 11 inches. Note that this is not a standard bi-fold brochure size. You may resize your wedding bi-fold brochures to match the type of information you want to include and the paper shape you want to use for your own wedding brochures.
A wedding bi-fold brochure is a pre-formatted digital file that contains all the layout, text, and graphic elements needed to create a printable wedding bi-fold brochure. These templates can be edited to match its end user’s preference.
The most common graphic design software tools used to create a bi-fold brochure are Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Other programs like Microsoft Word and Publisher may also be used.
The main difference between a wedding bi-fold and wedding tri-fold brochure lies in their final printed size. As their name implies, a bi-fold brochure is folded once, creating two pages out of one paper or cardstock. A tri-fold brochure is folded twice, creating three pages or dividing the print source into three parts.
Wedding bi-fold brochures (and tri-fold brochures too) are generally printed on a single sheet of paper or cardstock. They retain the bi-fold or tri-fold shaped after printing when they are folded and scored according to the end user’s preference.
Wedding planning does not have to be stressful at all. With the help of a wedding planner, your spouse, and these creative brochure templates, we hope that you will have an enjoyable time preparing for one of the best days of your life. Check out the rest of Template.net for information on how to create and customize different wedding templates.