Different entities use budget templates either to keep track of their expenses or to have a plan of the budgeting procedures that they will follow for the specified time within which they are required to implement certain functions. Budget templates are usable in the systematized allocation and/or recording of a personal, organization or business budget.
If you want to have readily-made budget templates in Excel, you just came to the right place. You can browse all the samples that we have curated for you so you can have guides in making the document that is essential and beneficial for your budgeting needs.
Personal Budget Templates
Personal Weekly Expense Budget
Development Program Budget
Budget for New Product Development
Project Development Budget
How to Create a Business Budget
A business is one of the entities that truly needs to budget its finances and other monetary resources with the use of financial budget templates for the following reasons:
- To assure the sustainability of the business
- To develop the budgeting metrics and standards followed by the business
- To track the financial improvement, or lack thereof, of the business through time
- To disseminate budgets to different business divisions and departments accordingly and appropriately
You can create budget templates used for business processes through following these steps:
- Decide if you need to create separate budget templates for each area of the business or if you will have an overall budget template for the entirety of the business operations. Most businesses do both of the specified budget templates for cross-checking purposes. As an example, film companies and production houses that use film budget template documents create a budget worksheet for the entirety of the film production. However, they also have separate budgeting guides for the different needs and requirements of the output that they would like to create.
- List down the processes that requires the business to spend including product and material acquisition, electricity bills and the like, and maintenance fees.
- Identify the main business budget variables which includes company sales, total and fixed cost, target profit margin and business profit.
- Specify the current financial condition of the business and create a revenue forecast.
- Estimate sales volume and variable cost through the help of market research and previous records.
- Place these items altogether in a business budget template that you may download from this post. There are various sample budget templates that can be used depending on the budgeting process that you would like your company to follow.
Monthly Project Budget
Project Budget Template
Annual Project Budget
Budget for Fundraising Event
Working Budget for Conference Event
Marketing Event Budget
How to Make a Monthly Budget
A monthly budget can be used by the following entities:
- Businesses for their monthly operations
- Students who would like to budget their monthly allowances
- Employees who need to make certain that their monthly needs are covered
- Non-profit organizations that need a particular monthly budget for their programs
Make free budget templates used for monthly money allocation through this simple guide:
- Calculate the money that you can spend within a month.
- Be precise with what you have in terms of your salary, income, or any other sources of funds.
- Calculate your expenses and other financial responsibilities like monthly bills, special money usages, groceries and utilities.
- Map out your expenses depending on how you would like to track your budget usage.
- Be particular in organizing your budget. There are a multitude of downloadable budget templates online for your convenience.
How to Create a Project Budget
Make a project budget by following these easy steps:
- Identify the kinds of projects that you will make and list down its requirements.
- Know the tasks that will be executed for the amount in the budget and estimate the expenses that are needed for the full implementation of each task.
- Add the estimates that you have created for the payment of raw materials, labor, permits, and other items needed for the project to push through.
- Assess whether the expected budget allocation can cover the expenses of the project. Make alterations when necessary.
- Get the go signal of the client of the project or any other entities involved with the project budgeting should the budget proposal template that you have created is already good for implementation.
Student Project Center Budget
Student Personal Budget
Budget for College Student
Blank Marketing Budget Template
Marketing Budget Plan
Budget for Marketing Program
Budget for Marketing Business
How to Write a Personal Budget
Writing a personal budget is easy if you are aware of the steps to follow. Create your own personal budget by following these items:
- It is essential for you to know your net income first so you know the budget with which you will be working.
- Be honest with how you spend your money and track the loop holes that you can improve on.
- Be specific with the amount that you will spend on a daily basis so it will be easier for you to follow a budget schedule.
- Properly allocate your budget in any budget templates in PDF, Excel or Word so you have a guide on how and when you can spend responsibly.
- Create adjustments based on the budget that you will have.
Tips for Creating a Budget
Whether you need to create nonprofit budget templates, payroll budget templates or any other kind of budget template, it is very important for you to be aware of the following tips so that you can make the document in a more effective and efficient manner:
- Include an emergency fund in your budgeting so you will not use all the money for expenses, ensuring that you still have some left over when an unexpected event arises.
- Always be realistic when creating your budget. Be particular with the difference between your wants and needs.
- Always record your spending even when they are only in little amounts so you can track where and how you spend your money.
- It is essential to only work with the budget that you currently have to avoid budgeting lapses on your next income and other sources of funds.
Sample Conference Budget
Family Monthly Budget
Monthly Budget Sample
Free Wedding Budget
Personal Budget for Wedding
Sample Wedding Budget
How to Create a Budget Spreadsheet
If you think that budget templates in Word is not for you, you can create budget spreadsheets in Excel instead so you can still allow yourself to allocate your budget just by using another kind of software. A budget spreadsheet can be used ranging from manufacturing budget templates up to personal budget templates. You can make a budget spreadsheet through these steps:
- Work with a blank spreadsheet by opening an Excel document.
- Include the duration (days, weeks, months) that the budgeting document you plan to execute will cover. You can use the cells of the spreadsheet depending on the tracking methods and the budgeting dates that you will use.
- Always put a heading at the top of each column and at the leftmost part of each row so you can easily identify what which section of the spreadsheet is for which function.
- Create a formula within the spreadsheet for the details that you have incorporated in the document (your income, expenditure, savings, investments, and other important figures that you need to consider).
- Check if the Excel formula that you have applied works well so that Excel can automatically compute the details that you will soon put in the spreadsheet.
Having a budget spreadsheet to follow whether you are an individual or a business will help you assure that your financial sources and resources are used accordingly and efficiently.