There are a number of different businesses that would benefit from using a budget templates like business budget templates. One of those is film, which is only sensible given that a film’s budget can reach fairly high numbers. In any case, you should be able to see the value in having tools like these.
Of course, while having tools like monthly budget worksheets can only take you so far, templates can save you a considerable amount of time. You can be given a basic pattern to follow which can help you keep the most significant elements of your production in mind.
Short Film Budget Template
Sample Documentary Budget
Post-Production Budget for Film
Free Film Budget
Student Budget Template
How to Create a Film Budget
As with other templates like marketing budget templates and weekly budget templates, you will have to keep some steps in mind when making your own film budgets.
- Include the important details in the budget’s heading, such as names of director and production, start day, etc.
- Find a system for arranging all your categories, such as by development stages (pre- to post-production), or by above- and below-line personnel.
- When including categories, be sure to also include the quantity of each item, if necessary, such as for equipment.
- When you have calculated the costs for each category, make sure to tally everything so as to have an accurate total.
Components of a Film Budget
All budget templates, including film budget templates and personal budget templates, possess certain components that they would need in order to do their jobs. In this case, those include:
- Above the line costs, referring to the creative aspects of production such as compensation for the creative talents, production rights to the screenplay, etc.
- Below the line costs, referring to costs related to the costs incurred for the rest of the production crew, such as making sets , equipment, etc.
- Post-production costs, such as editing, visual effects, etc.
- Other costs, including insurance.
Film Television and Digital Production Budget
Guidelines for Creating a Film Budget
Even when using tools like budget plan templates and simple budget templates, you would still be wise to take advantage of certain guidelines. After all, these guidelines could help you with making your budgets more effective than they would otherwise be. Some of these guidelines include:
- Make the budget orderly. A film production has a great many costs involved, and it would be necessary to have everything organized so as to be able to make sense of it.
- Have a particular system that you can use to organize every aspect of your budget. This way, your system can be used consistently across different productions.
- Be sure to double-check the costs. Since there are sums of money involved, it would be wise to ensure that all the costs and totals are as accurate as possible.
- Have complete information. As much as possible, you should include all the necessary information on your budget, such as possible timetables, which can inform your budget and spending capacity.
And if need be, you may also be able to find other templates elsewhere on this site that might suit any needs that cannot be met by these templates alone.