Budgeting usually starts at home where there is a whole lot of incurred expenses every month. Having a home budget templates for your household is an essential tool in order for the accumulated income of the working parents to cover all the expenses incurred by the family, especially the necessities such as food, utilities, clothing, cleaning materials, and the like.
The use of a budget spreadsheet may be helpful to you when you want to manage funds for your household. In this regard, take a look at the following home budget templates downloadable in Word and PDF formats made available for your perusal.
Home Construction Budget Template
Free Household Budgeting Template
Basic Home Budget
Personal Budget for Home
Printable Home Budget
How to Make a Home Budget Worksheet
In order for a family to manage household expenses, a budget must be created. Similar to how the example budget templates are created, making a home budget spreadsheet for your household can be done following these steps:
- Use a spreadsheet program. Open a spreadsheet program such as Excel when you create a home budget spreadsheet. Refer to the budget templates in Excel to see a working version.
- Format columns within a budget period. The allocation of your income and expenses on the home budget worksheet depends on what period of time you are preparing the worksheet for. The most common budget period is monthly but you can also make it daily or weekly as shown on the weekly budget templates of this website.
- List down sources of income and incurred expenses. At the start of the worksheet, after the monthly column headings, list down your income sources like salary, pension, work benefits, or business income. After which, you are to enumerate the expenditures you have for the period from the necessities to the personal costs.
- Provide the data and the sum totals on the worksheet. A simple budget template may not use much of the features of an Excel program but with the home budget worksheet, set the formulas for the sum totals of income, expenses and net income. Once it is done, you can now input the necessary data on your worksheet.
Monthly Budget Worksheet
Household Monthly Budget
Home Expense Budget
Home Budget Template Types
Choosing the most appropriate template that would cater to your needs is important in order for you to properly monitor your household budget. The following sample budget templates on this website are provided with information to aid you in locating the most suitable home budget template for your household:
- Personal Budget Template – This type of budget template shows the personal expenses of each member of the household for the period.
- Weekly Budget Template – The template shows a weekly allocation of the income towards weekly expenses.
- Monthly Budget Template – This is the most common type of budget format template since payment of utilities and other bills are set on a monthly basis.
- Expense Budget Template – This highlights the expenses allocated for the period. It is the basis for any household expenditure.
Making use of a home budget to manage your household purchases will aid in the proper allocation of your income. This can result in spending less money and saving more. These home budget templates can be your guide when you make a home budget for your household.