Planning and managing your budget will surely help you determine unnecessary expenses, accustom quickly in case of financial situation changes, and financial goal accomplishment. But what is really a budget? To give a brief explanation, a budget is a detailed summary of income and expenses for a certain time. Budget making will lower your stress levels since there are no attack surprises with a budget.
For your budget making, it would be more convenient and simple if there are ready-made format documents that you can use. Good thing we’ve created a list of numerous sample budget templates that you can make use of. Browse through our different selections and choose which one you think is perfect. Take note that these are download-ready too!
Monthly Household Budget
Annual Household Budget
Sample Client Marketing Expense
Sample Marketing Plan
Marketing Budget Plan
What Is a Household Budget?
There are diverse budget types that are being used on a regular basis, and each of them has their distinct purpose depending on how it is being utilized. One of the most common budget types is a household budget. It is an expenditure plan that designates future household income toward expenses, bill reimbursement, and savings. When making a household budget, the previous spendings are being considered.
Helpful Tools When Constructing a Household Budget
- Spreadsheet Software – Using this allows budgeting to be calculated easier by using certain formulas. One disadvantage of this is that some do not offer date shifting. There is a tendency that information needs to be re-entered.
- The Basic Pencil and Paper – Simple household budget can just be written on a sheet of paper using a pencil, and sometimes with a calculator’s aid. You can organized budget in this form through ring binders or a file cabinet.
- Money-Management Software – This is made particularly for managing a budget. The programs in this software option can categorize previous expenses and display monthly reports. These are beneficial for budgeting future months or years.
Here, there are tons of budget templates that you can use. One of them is a budget template in PDF. Just click on the link to view more samples.
Church Budget Example
Church Budget Worksheet
Personal Monthly Budget
Personal Budget Planner
Personal Budget Worksheet
Research Project Budget
Sample Project Budget
Basic Project Budget
Some of Our Budget Template Samples
- Marketing Budget Template – If you’re preparing a budget plan that is intended for marketing use, this template is what you need. This helps you in estimating the amount of cost that is needed in promoting products or services. This type of budget is an essential part of the marketing process too.
- Church Budget Template – This is what you’ll use if you’re making a budget plan that is designed in managing church expenses. This contains necessary details such as offering income, project yearly expenses, and other relevant expenditure details. This is an easy-to-edit template that you can also download anytime.
- Personal Budget Template – If you want to have an efficient and effective plan for your own budget, why not download our personal budget template. This will help you in controlling your expenses whether in a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Part of this template is managing your income as well.
- Project Budget Template – A comprehensive budget template that is ideal for project use. This shows a detailed estimated costs needed in order to complete a certain task or project. This is a well-made template, which you need not worry about the content and the format. Everything is already added. But of course, you have the option to edit it.
- School Budget Template – A useful budget template to use if you’re making an expenditure plan designated for school purposes. Complete with essential details like student loans, grants or scholarship details, general school expenses, and so on.
We also have cash budget templates, in case you need them. These are downloadable and editable as well.
School Budget Worksheet
Sample Grant Budget
Benefits of Having an Effective Budget
- You have the full control over your money. Having a budget is also a way of being willful regarding the manner you save and spend your expenses. With budgeting, you are the ones controlling your money, not the other way around. It also lowers your stress in case there are sudden changes in expenses.
- You will be focused on your objectives regarding money. You start avoiding spending too much on unnecessary goods or services that don’t help in meeting your financial aims or goals.
- You are aware what is happening with your money. Budgeting provides you a detail as to what money is coming in, how quick it fades out, and where it is leading to. Having a budget does not make you wonder where your money went, rather, it allows you to know what you can buy and can afford.
- You’ll become organize with the way you spend and save your money. Budgeting can also help you in making adjustments and organizing bills, receipts, and other financial records.
On the other hand, traveling needs budgeting too. To supplement that, we have travel budget templates that you can use.
Monthly Expense Budget
Monthly Business Budget
Family Monthly Budget
Sample Family Budget
Family Budget Worksheet
Monthly Cash Flow Budget
Annual Cash Budget
Personal Cash Budget Template
Annual Student Budget
Sample Student Budget
College Student Budget Worksheet
Sample Conference/Retreat Budget
Sample Conference Budget Estimates
Sample Estimated Conference Budget
Sample Research Budget
Research Trip Budget Worksheet
Steps in Creating an Effective and Successful Budget
In every financial plan, whether for a business, project, household, personal, etc., it always begins with a logical and realistic budget. A budget is an initial step in making a financial goal a reality. These few steps are what you need to follow in constructing a practical budget.
- Determine your general earnings.
After you’ve determined how much money you need to stay financially stable each month, it is time to figure out your income. Apart from your regular pay, you also need to determine other funds such as items online, child support, and income for rental.
Keep in mind that being meticulous in adding up expenses is vital when it comes to creating a realistic and logical budget. When calculating your budget, make sure you’ve included all relevant data like unexpected bills, unplanned car repairs, and so on.
- Always set a savings and bill goals.
This is to determine realistic savings and bill payoff goals. The ideal way in figuring out where you can cut your expenses is tracking your spending and record them for the entire month. After you’ve figured out where all your expenses go, cut your expenses heartlessly until your budget is on track.
These steps are also applied when it comes to planning a family budget. And to reinforce it, our family budget templates are here.