Those of you who are about to get married are going to have to spend a lot of money. In this day and age, planning a wedding is going to cost a lot. And that’s the reason why people who want to get married need to learn how to sample budget the wedding expenses.
60+ FREE WEDDING Templates - Download Now Microsoft Word (DOC), Google Docs, Apple (MAC) Pages, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS)
Wedding Budget Template
Wedding Budget Worksheet Template Sample
Printable Wedding Budget Worksheet Template
However, they’ll need to have everything organized so that they don’t go over their budget. And this is the reason why there are wedding budget templates that just about everyone can make use of. This article will focus on teaching you how to make one to ensure that you stay within your budget.
Sample Wedding Worksheet PDF Download
Printable Wedding Budget Template PDF Download
Wedding Budget Template with Percentages PDF
Free Wedding Budget Planning PDF
Wedding Budget Calculator PDF Example
Printable Wedding Budget Template PDF
Sample Wedding Checklist Template PDF Format
Wedding Budget Spreadsheet Template Excel Example
Best way to set up a wedding budget spreadsheet
The best way for you to prepare your wedding budget template is by creating a spreadsheet where you can include any wedding expenses that you may have. So here are some steps that can help you in going about making a wedding budget spreadsheet:
- Start with the payment types. Start by creating a column called “Wedding Expenditures” and then to its right, create the following headers: Estimated Cost, Annual Cost, Deposit Due Date, Deposit Paid Date, Balance Due Date, and Details about Payment. It’s really important that you make notes regarding how you’re going to pay each vendor. The reason for this is so you can be prepared when it comes to the type of payment letter that they accept.
- Dedicate a line to every vendor. Whenever you include someone on your vendor list, create a line in your spreadsheet and detail all of their information. If you’re the type of person who struggles to pay the bills before the deadline on a regular basis, then it’s best that you give yourself calendar reminders about when the financial balances are due for each payment. There are some vendors that won’t remind you of any pending balance, so it’s your job to remember when something needs to be paid.
- Make sure that you categorize everything. You can start your Excel spreadsheet with the basics of photography, cake, music, venue, wedding reception, wedding gown, suits, and much more. This will make things easier for you when it comes to classifying your expenses.
- Never forget to tip. Depending on the activities that are part of your wedding, you may have a lot of line items. You shouldn’t forget to add an additional line for gratuities as well as get a clear understanding of who you’re going to have to tip. Some venues build service charges and gratuities into their contracts, but there are a lot of them that don’t. You need to budget 15 to 20 percent of your overall expenses on gratuities for each vendor application. You’re also going to need to have cash on hand during the wedding day to tip those who have provided you with good service.
Remember that you always have to keep updating your spreadsheet. This ensures that all of the information is up to date and it prevents confusion.
Things to consider for the wedding budget
- You need to know who’s paying. Discuss with your family members who will be paying for what. While there are still those families that cover the cost of the wedding, couples nowadays are covering the costs themselves. So you’re going to have to approach the subject by talking to each of the family members separately as it’s the best way to have an open and productive discussion. You can ask for both sets of parents to commit to a specific amount, and then you can add up all of their contributions to create your wedding budget.
- How much do you actually need for the wedding? Just like anything else that you would want to buy, you’re going to have to determine just how much everything is going to cost and include the information in your budget wedding template. Depending on your personal preferences and your budget needs, you’re going to have to decide which element of your wedding you’re going to have to prioritize. Once you’ve done that, set your expectations accordingly.
- You’ll need to determine just how much you’re going to have to save for the wedding. From the very moment that you get engaged, you’re going to have set aside some of the income you gain from your employee salary as much as you can for the wedding. Setting aside at least 20% from your salary paycheck is a good idea. The longer your engagement, the more you get to save for the wedding. This means that you’re going to have to limit your spending and get only what you need.
Free Wedding Budget Worksheet PDF
Editable Wedding Budget Planner Free
Wedding Budget Planner Free
Planed Wedding Budget Checklist Template
Tips for planning your wedding budget
Here are some ways that can help ensure you get the wedding you desire, all while staying within your budget:
- Opt for digital invitations. This is one of the best ways of sending wedding invitations as it takes less time and effort than sending physical invitations. The final result will look just as pretty as a physical invitation and it will not cost you as much as printed invitations.
- Schedule the day wisely. Remember that photographers and musicians are going to charge you extra for overtime, so you’re going to have to organize the day wisely.
- Make your guests RSVP on your wedding website or app instead of replying through a physical card. You’ll be saving a lot of money that you would have used on postage and paper, and you’re most likely going to get a lot more responses from your guests. Be sure to include your phone number or your email address for your elderly guests who might not be as tech-savvy as the rest.
- There are some vendors who would charge you less should you provide them with feedback. Ask any vendor that you’re working with if they offer any form of discount if you’re willing to give them online feedback regarding their services.
- Instead of ordering completely custom invitations, order a DIY template from a wedding site that offers them. With this, you’ll be able to customize the different features of your wedding invitations while still keeping the costs to a minimum.
- If you’re having your wedding in an outdoor location, then you should consider having a standing ceremony to save you a lot of seating rentals. However, make sure you have some chairs for elderly guests such as grandparents.
- Negotiate on all of the meal prices. Kids’ meals are almost always negotiable. Ask your caterers to offer a discount regarding the kids’ menu as some are more than willing to cut the price in half. Or you can also go for the option of having budget-friendly kids’ meals.
- You’re going to want to scoop up on all the deals you can get. Do this by subscribing to vendor newsletters and following them in social media. Keep a lookout for any promos or savings and book them when the price is within your wedding budget.
- Have your florist provide a mix of short and tall table arrangements. While having small centerpieces are more cost-efficient, a couple of tower displays may be necessary for filling in a few gaps. The different mixes are going to be really helpful in making sure that your wedding has an electric vibe to it.
- When going for centerpieces, try not to go overboard. Just go for the simple ones such as bud vases surrounded by glowing candles. With simple centerpieces, you can make your wedding feel more dramatic and formal and it won’t even cost you that much.
- You don’t really need to make a really lengthy menu for your wedding. You can opt to serve just one delicious meat entree and fill the rest of your menu with options that won’t cost you a lot of money. You can choose to go with pasta dishes or even vegetable dishes as these are the ones that will definitely help you spend less.
- Wedding dresses are always going to be expensive, especially if the missus has her heart set on a designer gown. You can go around looking for sample sales where you can find that designer dress that you want for a steep discount. Or you can consider going for the off-the-rack option which can be tailored to look custom-made without having to spend a fortune.
If you would like to learn more about wedding printable budget templates and how to use them, then you can always go through our other available articles to help you get the information you need.