10+ Quotation Templates
Need an organized and formal way to present a price list of products and/or services along with a rough costing of the whole transaction that your business offers to a client? If yes, then you may need to create a business quote or quotation.
Using quotations and quotation templates is something that most service-oriented businesses cannot avoid. When done well, this seemingly simple document can help influence a client into using your services or products. In this article, we will share tips on how to create and use quotation templates that any business owner may use to help ensure continued business success.
Elements of A Good Quotation
A quotation template or document typically consists of a breakdown of service and product prices tailor-fitted for a specific client. It helps a client determine whether he or she can afford the offered services or to develop ways on how to cut down on the proposed expenses.
And to ensure continued business success, entrepreneurs should learn more about how you can create quotation templates that are both useful for clients and ones that will give you (the service provider) positive results. In the list below, we have compiled the most important characteristics that should be seen in a business or price quotation template for it to correctly compel clients or customers in the right way. Find out what these elements are below.
1. Organized Layout: A quotation template should have an organized layout to make it more readable and easier to understand. A good layout means that all the design and placeholders used for the template design are arranged accordingly. The most commonly followed quotation template layout is one that has a concise business letterhead and tabular body where the quotation estimates are written. Assess your own business accordingly and determine what kind of document layout will best complement your brand.
2. Simple Tables or Graphs: It is important to make quotation templates as easy to understand as possible. After all, clients will only hone in on the information that they are looking for from any service provider. And that is the price or cost. To achieve, using data visualization tools like tables and graphs can be very beneficial.
3. Updated Pricing and Accurate Process Estimates: Another must-have on any quotation is the guarantee that you are only including an updated price list and an accurate description of the business process or transaction should a client go forward with the deal. By making sure that all these pieces of information are included on your quotations, client perception of your business or brand, in general, will likely increase as well.
4. Branding Identity Designs: Printed documents are another way to help increase brand recall. On your quotation template, make sure that you add your business letterhead, logo, or emblem along with the business contact information. They should also match all the other branding identity designs that are used on other business stationery or store banners and signages.
5. Formal Format: Following a formal business quotation format is another characteristic in a template that will help make it more credible and professional-looking. Most of the free quotation templates found in this article all follow a formal format that any business may reuse for their own brands.
And that ends this list of the most important elements that should be present in a business quotation template. Study each element well so that you will know how to correctly apply them into your own quotation templates.
10+ Quotation Templates
Take a look at the printable quotation templates and designs embedded below. Each template is available in multiple file formats to make it easier to use them using your preferred graphic design software tool.
Business Quotation Format Template
Ecommerce Website Quotation Format
Free Web Design Quotation Template
Price Quotation Sample
Rate Quotation Sample Layout
Sales Quotation Template
Sample Quotation Example
Simple Quotation Template
Taxi Quotation Template
Website Development Quotation Sample
Building Maintenance Quotation Template
Waste Recycle Quotation Sample Format
Request for Quotation Form Template
Simple Tips For an Excellent Quotation Layout
Quotation templates do not always have to follow the same single page document format. If you are an entrepreneur who surely wants to make your brand stand out, investing in well-designed quotation document layouts can be one of the easiest business decision you can make.
In the next few paragraphs, we will be sharing a few design tips on how to make sure that your quotation template is both functional and compelling. Read on…
1. Pay attention to typography: Document templates are only as effective as the font style they are written in. After all, it would not be easy to read a quotation document that is written in tiny print on grayscale, would it? So when crafting a quotation template, make sure that you only use up to three font styles that all belong to the same typeface family. Also, make sure that all text sizes are readable.
2. Add your business logo: We have already talked about this earlier, but this tip bears reiterating. Printed or online quotation documents are perfect ways businesses can assert their own brand identity without the transaction appearing too commercialized or forced. Add your business logo or company letterhead design on the topmost portion of the quotation template. Avoid additional branding flourishes. Keep it simple.
3. Follow a color scheme: The black ink on white paper is too traditional. If you want to catch your client’s attention from the get-go, implement a color scheme on the entire quotation document itself. You do not have to choose something too colorful. You may choose a toned down color scheme that can still appear professional and put together.
4. Don’t forget to add images: Humans are visual creatures. So if you want an extra oomph with your business quotation templates, add relevant images or illustrations of the various products and services that you are quoting. Doing this can be useful in educating your customers about the specific products or services that they are interested in buying or using.
5. Focus on the wording: The most compelling quotation document or template is the one that incorporates persuasive but highly relevant copy or wording. This means that aside from the usual price lists and estimates included on a quotation template, you should perhaps include some power words, special offers, or even an analysis of the pros and cons associated with using your service or product. In short, wow your clients with your words that are backed by solid data.
6. Use a pre-made quotation template: If you are strapped for time to draft a quotation template from scratch, worry no more. You may use pre-made quotation templates instead. These pre-formatted digital files will take care of all the formatting and layout aspects when creating a quotation document. All you have to do is formulate the actual words to say (like price lists, item and service descriptions, sale terms and conditions) and type them on the template later on.
Do you now have an idea on how to turn a simple quotation template into something truly compelling? Study all the tips shared above until everything clicks together in your head. Do not forget to save and bookmark this page so that you can refer back to it in the future.
Types of Quotations
Listed below are different types of quotation templates based on their intended purpose:
- Rate Quotation Template
- Website Development Quotation Template
- Sales Quotation Template
- Business Quotation Template
- Company Quotation Template
- Freelance Quotation Template
- Vehicle Quotation Template
- Work Quotation Template
Quotation templates are typically printed on papers that follow the standard US paper sizes. In this article, most of the printable templates featured here are available on both A4 & US Paper Sizes.
What is a quotation template?
A quotation template is a pre-formatted digital file that contains all the necessary wording and design elements needed to make a ready-to-print quotation document. These pre-made templates are fully editable so that end-users can easily add their own modifications to the template’s format.
What tools are used to create a quotation template?
To create a quotation template, you will need to know how to use word processing software programs like Microsoft Word and Mac Pages. Other compatible software tools are Microsoft Excel, Mac Numbers, and Adobe Cloud Reader.
What is the difference between a quotation and an estimate?
In service-oriented businesses, a quotation (or quote) refers to the actual price or cost of a product or the delivery of a service. On the other hand, an estimate is a rough approximation of the actual cost or price for products or rendered services. These two terms are often used interchangeably. However, if you want to make sure that the price list you provide your customers is final, it’s better to use quotation.
If there is one thing any entrepreneur should learn from reading this article, it should be realizing that investing in a formal quotation template may be the best thing you could for your business. Study all the tips and information shared here so that you formulate the best quotation template design for your brand. For more examples of different business templates, check out the rest of our website.