The new academic year is fast approaching and you’re still having a hard time deciding on an academic calendar template. No need to worry. On this list are 8+ academic calendar templates and samples that you may use and download.
Bear in mind that school or university calendars outline and keep track of all academic activities for the designated school year. To add, they also highlight important extracurricular activities and school holidays. Indeed, the calendar helps the school administration plan and structure their activities within a designated school year. Speaking of calendars, we also have perpetual calendar templates in case you needed one.
Academic Planning Calendar
Academic Calendars: A Planning Tool
Academic calendars come in various formatting styles. To help you format and design your academic calendar, check out our templates here:
- Academic Planning Calendar Template – Aside from the usual academic calendar, we also have planning calendars for you. If you try to download and examine the template, you’ll notice that a matrix is provided for you. In your case, you can add more sections to fit your context.
- College Calendar Template – For colleges and universities, the academic calendar is more detailed because of the presence of diversified courses and programs. To shy away from the confusion of drafting your own format, you can check out our ready made template.
- Event calendar template – You can also make a separate and distinct calendar made specifically for school events and functions. By using this, the designated committees and the student body as a whole will be given a heads up of what to expect and look forward to.
These are some of our templates. Keep in mind that you can format your calendar template with respect to the frequency that you’re comfortable with.
For more templates, you can check out our Annual Calendar Templates , Project Calendar Templates, and Word Calendar Templates.
Academic Weekly Calendar
Academic Calendar Sample
Common Mistakes in Designing Calendars
If calendars are designed and use appropriately, they can help enhance and streamline your planning processes. On the one hand, if you don’t take them seriously, they can cause stressful dilemmas.
In line with this, here are some common mistakes in designing calendars that you should know for you to make sound decisions:
- Not aligning the drafted schedules with relevant academic priorities. In building a calendar, school heads must undergo a holistic and comprehensive planning process. In that process, academic priorities are set and agreed upon. In line with this, ensure that the scheduling in your calendar empowers and coincides with your academic priorities.
- Creating a rigid schedule. An academic calendar must be flexible and easy to adjust. As you may observed, it is inevitable that unplanned events or unexpected events or circumstances may occur. Creating a contingency plan in a must.
- Setting unrealistic and unfeasible activities. Like any other calendars, ensure that you come up with lawful and realistic academics. Ensure that there is public participation and student body consultation in coming up with activities.
Take note of the preceding points. For more details, you can check out other Calendar Templates. Feel free and enjoy!