Time management is essential for employees to adopt to improve work efficiency. A tool that can help greatly in the organizing of work time is the calendar. A calendar has been used since the ancient times. Evolution of civilization and technology contributed to what the Yearly Calendar is now which we are using presently.
Calendars have so many variations which is influenced by the purposes the calendar is being set. Take for example a Payroll Tax Calendar which is made so that employees know the dates certain tax form are due. Don’t miss out on other calendar templates provided on this website.
Calendar vs Planner
Choosing the best time management tool to use depends on the information you need to be reminded of. You can choose between the following basic time management tools:
- A calendar is a time management tool used to organize company events and to manage meetings and appointments. It is a table divided into days,weeks and months, covering the whole year as shown on the sample calendar template on this website.
- A planner is another time management tool set to accommodate different kinds of information such as tasks, contact details, appointments, and scheduled meetings. A planner allots paces set for notes related to the events of that day.
Designing your Own Calendar
Using a Microsoft Word processing program, you can customize your own calendar by following these simple steps:
- Run the Microsoft processing program, click the “New” button after opening the “File Menu”.
- Click on the “Calendars” option in the new window to open templates provided by Microsoft Word. You can also use free calendar templates by selecting “My Templates”.
- Click the “Download” or “Create” button to open selected calendar template.
- Customize the template by adding information and editing it.
- Save the document.
Basic Sales Calendar
Purposes of Having Calendars
Calendars have long been used by various people for the following purposes:
- Taking Note of Activities – The calendar is used in keeping track of work-related events. Even in our own homes, we use the calendar as our guide in planning family activities.
- Organizing Work Assignment Schedule – Working by arranging various reports or documents on the calendar as a schedule helps enhance your efficiency and productivity.
- Reminding Special Dates – There are important dates you want to remember like birthdays and special days. Indicating them on your calendar remind you to be on time on your appointment on those days.
- Minimizing Stress – Having an organized working environment with the use of calendars lets you focus on your work goals one at a time lessening the stress and anxiety at work. You can even personalize your calendar similar to PSD Calendar Templates on this website.
With the aid of templates like Perpetual Calendar Templates, creating a calendar is made easier and simpler. Whether you choose a calendar or a planner, efficiency in the workplace will definitely be achieved with the proper time management tools.