Calendars are widely used tools time management in the workplace. Even in our own homes, we use calendars as a system in organizing days for numerous purposes. Examples presented on this website include an Economic Calendar, used to keep tab on the updates of the global market, and a Marketing Calendar, used to achieve marketing objectives.
98+ FREE CALENDAR Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
Used for specific purposes, basic calendar templates are available for you to peruse and to download. The following sample calendar templates show different ways in designing your calendar that would not only fit your way of handling things but also promote creativity.
The Deal with Calendars
Calendars are an essential part of the modern world. In this fast-paced dog-eat-dog society, the ability to plot out schedules—whether for personal or commercial use—is an indispensable way for any go-getter to get ahead of the game.
The calendar, as a tool in time management, is used to keep track of all the personal and work-related events and meetings to promote a more organized lifestyle.
With these calendar templates you will no longer forget birthdays or anniversaries, miss out on meetings, or go past deadlines. Scheduling Calendar Templates and Blank Printable Calendar Templates have also been made available for you.
Types of Calendars
Numerous variations of calendars have emerged since the birth of the calendar system. The following are the known calendar types adopted by different places and organizations:
- Gregorian Calendar – This is the Christian solar calendar and is the most widely used calendar at present.They’re available everywhere, in homes, in stores, or online (as evidenced by this free calendar template).
- Islamic Calendar – Otherwise known as Hijri calendar, this is a lunar calendar composed of a total of 354 or 355 days in a year. This calendar has 11 to 12 days less than the Gregorian calendar.
- Chinese Lunar Calendar – This is a lunar calendar in which every month starts on the day of a new moon.
Ways to have an Effective Calendar
Here are tips you can follow to achieve an effective calendar for personal or for work use:
- Utilize only one calendar. Choose one calendar to write down all the meetings, appointments, and other work and office activities needed to be indicated. You can choose to write either on paper calendar notebooks and desk calendars or electronic calendars on smartphones and computers.
- Apply different colors on written schedules. To differentiate one activity or meeting from another, apply a color-coding scheme on your calendar. This is especially applicable on desk calendars on which appointments and meetings schedules are usually written.
- Indicate the time always. When you write a meeting schedule on your calendar, always write the date and the venue of the meeting. You can also write additional information such as the needed equipment and materials to use as a side note on the calendar.
- Make use of the reminders features. For electronic calendars, utilize the reminder feature of the calendar application so that you will always be notified beforehand.
Make use of the basic calendar templates provided in order to have an effectively made calendar schedule. You might also want to browse through our list of Birthday Calendar Templates and Perpetual Calendar Templates.