A calendar template can be used in a wide range of processes including timeline tracking, activity plotting and program placements in a particular time period. The benefits of using calendars can be felt by businesses, organizations, individuals, and any other entities who need to organize their schedules and assure that all their activities are well-planned and executed on time.
With different kinds of calendars, it is essential for you to create a proper calendar format that can provide you with the specific scheduling needs that you would like to achieve. We have you covered from samples of perpetual calendar up to marketing calendar templates. Browse through the entirety of this post to see the references that you may use in formatting the calendar that you specifically need.
Monthly Calendar Templates
School Calendar Templates
How to Create a Calendar Template in Excel
Template creation is a necessity if you need to documents in bulk. Using an Excel file as a calendar template can help you create a calendar tool in an easily and without much ado.
With Excel, you can rest assured that you will be able to come up with a functioning calendar for what ever purpose (from holiday calendar templates that will plot out the holidays in that particular year to a menu calendar template in Excel that will allow you to manage the menu preparation and meal schedule implementation).
You can create a calendar template using this software by following these steps:
- Open a blank excel document.
- Identify the time frame in which your calendar will be used.
- Plot the dates of the month on every column or row of the Excel document. This will depend on the kind of calendar that you will create and the content that you will put in it.
- Specify the days in which you have activities to look into and place them on the specific boxes in the Excel document where the dates of execution are being allocated.
- Edit the color of each boxes or the fonts that you will use to properly identify activities of the same nature. This will help you have an easier time to locate the specific items that you need to process or put into action.
Yearly Calendar Templates
Weekly Calendar Templates
How to Use an Editorial Calendar Template
An editorial calendar is one of the calendar templates that are widely used in the field of publication and content creation. Editorial calendars allow an editorial team to keep track of the following:
- The dates where brainstorming for content creation is needed
- The particular time frames that are needed to be followed in terms of content organization, polishing, and submission to editors
- The time periods for all the publication processes including the dates when contents are needed to be published
- The specific people who are tasked to do an action item needed for publication
Using an editorial calendar is quite easy. You can follow these steps if you want to have an organized manner in fully utilizing the benefits of this specific calendar:
- You can create an editorial calendar per project or you can make an editorial calendar for all the publishing works that are needed to be done. We suggest the creation of a per project editorial calendar if you are a small business as it allows you to focus on particular publishing projects.
- Precisely plot the things that are needed to be done for the content that you would like to create and publish.
- You can also use an editorial calendar as a training calendar if you want to have training programs to your writers, artists, and other entities involved in the process of publishing.
- Finish the time time table that you will follow and assure that everything that the team needs to do is already placed in respective dates.
- Mark the items that have already been done so you will know the remaining items for execution.
Printable Calendar Templates
Creating an Excel Calendar to be Transferred to an Outlook File
Whether you are creating daily calendar templates, school calendar templates or any other kinds of Excel calendars, there will be instances where you will need to transfer them from an Excel document to an Outlook document. Before discussing the process on how you can easily put the content of the excel calendar to an outlook file, here’s a way on how you can start making your Excel calendar template:
- Open an Excel file and make a worksheet.
- You can start creating a basic calendar by putting items of discussion in cells A1, B1 and C1 depending on the calendar that you want to have.
- Make sure that the entry that you will put in the cells represent the activities that you will plot and execute in the future.
- Highlight the cells that you have made.
- Click formulas, then define name.
- Use a subject that you want to put in the name text box.
- Click OK followed by File then Save As.
- Save the document as an Excel 97-2003 workbook file or *XLS
- Save the file then close it.
- Make sure that you have already saved and closed the Excel calendar.
How to Transfer an Excel Calendar To Outlook
Once you have already done the processes that we have mentioned above, you can already transfer the excel calendar that you have made to outlook. Here are the steps that you may follow:
- Open the Outlook software and click File.
- Click Open followed by the Import button. You can also use the Import from another program or File option and then click Next to push through with the process.
- Select the Microsoft Excel option then click Next.
- Open the Browse window so you can see the selection of documents that you can import.
- Double click the excel file that you saved then click Next again so you can see the destination folder where you want to place the document.
- Display the fields that you have created per cell in the excel document by clicking Map custom fields.
- Click the subject option then drag it to the To box. This will help Outlook recognize the calendar field that you have made in the Excel document.
- Drag the items that you have placed in the From box to the To box.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish to finalize the process of importing the Excel values in an Outlook calendar.
The process of transferring an Excel calendar to Outlook can be due to the creation of business calendar templates as these calendars, once placed in Outlook, can have a more polished and corporate look.