A calendar is a tool that can help the organization not only of the functions of individuals but the plans and operations of organizations as well. There are also grant calendars and payroll calendars used in professional transactions within a business environment. A lot of calendars are out there waiting to be fully utilized so individuals as well as companies can benefit from them.
For your references, we have put together free downloadable calendars templates in this post. Make use of the calendar templates and samples that are related or aligned with the objectives and goals that you would like your calendar to achieve.
Appointment Calendar Templates
Blank Calendar Templates
Family Calendar Templates
How to Make Personalized Calendars for Business?
The calendar template in Word, Excel or PDF that your business will use should not be based on what other companies or establishments use. You need to make sure that your business calendar is personalized based on the needs and requirements of the operations of your company. The steps that you may follow in making personalized and editable calendar templates for your business are listed below.
- Be specific with the current operational condition of the business and the items that you would like to develop, improve or implement for the next operational year where the calendar will be used.
- List down the activities that you would like to execute, especially those that can greatly affect the business processes.
- Specify the dates in which the activities will be implemented. Properly plot these activities in the calendar.
- Leave notes and other information reminders on particular time duration for your calendar template in Excel or in any other software to be highly usable and effective. You may also use photo calendar templates with business icons and images if you want to incorporate infographic elements.
What Is an Editorial Calendar?
An editorial calendar is the type of calendar used in publishing. Editorial calendars can be further defined as follows:
- An editorial calendar dictates the specific days where activities related to editorial production are to be implemented. As an example, magazines have an editorial calendar that can guide them with regard to scheduling photo shoots, post-processing activities, and implementing page layout procedures.
- Editorial calendars allow individuals in a production team to assure that they are well aware of their tasks and the deadlines that they have to complete their assigned functions.
Event Calendar Templates
Meal Calendar Templates
Sample Meal Calendar
Photo Calendar Templates
School Calendar Templates
Student Attendance Calendar
Top 5 Complete Guidelines for Choosing a Perfect Calendar
We have curated the top 5 complete guidelines that you need to be aware of when choosing a perfect calendar. These guidelines are as follows:
- Be specific with the usage of the calendar that you would like to create. If you are still undecided regarding what calendar it is that you will make, you can use blank calendar template samples to serve as your guide.
- Know the software to use when creating your calendar. Microsoft calendar templates can work on some but there are also people who are more comfortable formatting a calendar on another software.
- Identify the entity to whom the calendar is for. Your calendar should be applicable to be used by the entities whose functions are present in the specified tool. As an example, a business or corporate calendar should be sleek, formal and professional compared to personal calendars.
- Organize your calendar based on its function. Some people tend to use general calendars so they can easily take note of the dates on which certain activities have been scheduled. However, it is best if you have this kind of calendar while also having specific calendars for particular projects and activity listings. This will further allow you to know your schedules and the purposes why those schedules have already been blocked in your calendar.
- Make the content of your calendar legible. The information present in your calendar should be presentable. This can be done by ensuring that the content present in the tool are easy to understand and are formatted accordingly. This will also help you to easily track the activities that you need to do faster.
Timeline Calendar Templates
Vacation Calendar Templates
Sample Vacation Calendar
Annual Calendar Templates
Daily Calendar Templates
Daily Homework Calendar
College Daily Calendar
How to Import Printable Calendar Templates into Excel and Word?
If the calendar that you have created is a Google document, here are the steps that you may follow to import it to an Excel or Word document:
- Export the calendar first.
- Download the exported calendar or you also have the option to e-mail it.
- Save your printable calendar template in an Excel or Word format so you can open it right away.
How to Make and Use Templates in Microsoft Excel?
Your personal, perpetual calendar templates or even business calendar templates can be done in an Excel document. Here are the steps that you may follow to do so:
- Open Excel.
- The first thing that you need to do is know the duration that you would like your calendar to cover.
- Format the calendar based on the scope that you have selected and insert titles in the title field so you will know the exact months particular calendar pages represent.
- Add headers that specify the days, weeks, and/or months present within the calendar that you have created.
- Add the events and programs that you will do in the calendar template.
- Change the fonts and colors present within Excel cells depending on how you would like to group your activities or even just for aesthetic purposes.
One advantage of a calendar template in Excel compared to a calendar template in PDF is that you can take advantage of formulas and the rows and columns present within an Excel file.
Academic Calendar Templates
High School Calendar
Business Calendar Templates
Budget Calendar Templates
Budget Planning Calendar
Budget Calendar Sample
Payroll Calendar Templates
Guidelines: Calendar Tips and Tricks to Manage Schedules
There are tips and tricks that can help you to easily manage your schedules through the help of a calendar. These guidelines include the following:
- Make sure that you will be consistent in following the content of your calendar. Manage your schedule according to what is doable or attainable. Cancellations and spur-of-the-moment activities might have repercussions for the following days or even weeks to come.
- If you cannot manage two or more calendars, it would be best to stick to using a general calendar. The purpose of two or more calendars is to separate the functions that you have in different environments. However, schedule overlapping can be an issue, especially if you have overlooked your schedule on one of the calendars that you have.
- Be realistic. A calendar is created to ensure that you manage your time wisely. You need to make sure that your calendar’s contenta are time-bound, measurable, and aligned with the functions that you do on a daily basis and the special activities that you want to involve yourself in from time to time. As an example, budget calendar templates should be based on your money sources, basic needs, special spending, and money usage habits.
Follow these guidelines so you can manage your schedule efficiently and effectively.