There are no hard and fast rules in crafting a certificate. However, there are generally accepted formats that are usually adopted by institutions to serve as an instrument of appreciation and recognition for an individual’s diligence and utmost dedication. You may also see certificate templates
Certificates are widely used across industries, professions, and social institutions, may it be in the political, business, academic, or any other field of interest. It is more than just a scrap of paper or document. It can also open great opportunities for your career, such as in the case of employment certificates and awards. With that, we have certificate samples that you may refer to and download. They can help you hasten your work.
Modern Participation Certificate Template
Volunteer Service Certificate Template
Volunteer Award Certificate Template
Holiday Gift Certificate Template
Internship Certificate Samples
Successful Internship Certificate
Mandatory Internship Certificate
Certificate of Attendance Internship
Work Certificate Samples
Minor Work Certificate Example
Standard Work Certificate
Character Certificate Samples
Good Character Certificate
Certificate for Character Example
Essential Sections of a Certificate
In making a certificate, simplicity and minimalist styles and designs would suffice. However, if the awarding institution’s line of transaction are into creative endeavors and artistic flames, then you can customize it in accordance to your preference. To give you an idea, here are some of the essential sections of a certificate.
- Title of the Certificate – This is one element that you should not miss nor ignore. The title holds all the elements of the certificate together. Some examples of certificate titles are certificate of completion for an internship certificate templates such as what is reflected in an internship certificate template.
- Linking Phrase – After the title, you need to include a phrase that links it to the name of the recipient such as the words “is presented to”.
- Recipient’s Details – In here, you have provide the full name of the recipient including the professional titles that he or she may have. It is not necessary that the recipient is an individual, it can also be a juridical entity or group such as in the case of a medical certificate templates awarded to a hospital for passing a certain inspection or standards.
- Name of the Awarding Committee or Group – Include the name of the awarding committee as a supporting detail.
- Award Description – Specify the rationale behind the award. Indicate why you were given the award to substantiate your claims. However, for self-explanatory awards, there’s no need to elaborate them. You should also emphasize the date on which the award was given.
- Signatures of the Representatives of the Awarding Committee or Institution – To make a certificate authorized, all the needed signatures from the awarding authorities must be complied with. The signatures must be positioned carefully on the paper.
Divorce Certificate Samples
Sample Divorce Certificate
Annulment Divorce Certificate in PDF
Leave Certificate Samples
Personal Leave Certificate
Certificate of Medical Leave
Types of Certificate Templates
The rationale behind a certificate may vary. The variation lies on how the certificate is used and the nature of the awarding committee or institution. Here are some templates that you can use.
- Internship Certificate Samples – Because internship programs serve as a requirement for students that must be fulfilled, certificates are used for two reasons. Firstly, it serves as proof that the student complied with all the required and expected internship hours with the supervision of his or her supervisor. Secondly, it also serves as a token of appreciation for the service and dedication rendered by interns towards the institution or company they’ve worked for.
- Work Certificate Templates – For employees and employers, certificates mean a lot. For instance, top performing employees are awarded with excellence certificate with a corresponding bonus or performance incentive. On another note, those individuals who are planning to leave their jobs will also need a work experience certification for their prospective employer to validate their experiences.
- Character Certificate Samples – Aside from being a channel for giving awards, they are also used as a means for verifying the character and identity of an individual. For this, police certifications, and good moral character certificates play a key role. This type of certificates are mostly proforma especially for those that are given by government agencies.
Medical Certificate Samples
Sample Medical Certificate
University Certificate of Medical
Project Certificate Samples
Certificate of Project Acceptance
Sample Project Certificate
What are the Graphical Elements Incorporated in a Certificate?
Aside from the textual components and sections of a certificate, it also includes graphic elements that makes it more identifiable and appealing. These elements make your certificate different and unique from other documents. Here are some of them.
- Seal – Most certificates have a seal that serves as proof of its authenticity. The seal is affixed to the certificate which could be in a form of an image or other graphical representation.
- Logo – The certificate will always show the logo of the institution that provides them. For government certificates, logos are very critical because certificates are used for accreditation or other security-related concerns. Like in a volunteer certificate templates, it is the logo of the company or non-profit organization that is indicated in the document.
- Borders – This is optional. It depends on the preference of the ones giving the certificate to include borders or not. However, borders make your certificate more unique and professional. These are mostly used by traditional certificates.
- Lines – For blank certificate templates, lines are pretty much evident. It allows you to fill in the blanks with appropriate information and details of the recipient.
Training Certificate Samples
Free Training Certificate
Certificate for Training Example
Sample Training Certificate
Volunteer Certificate Samples
Volunteer Appreciation Certificate
Recognition Certificate for Volunteer
Tips in Making Formal and Well-Designed Certificates
In giving award or achievement certificates, it would be fulfilling on the part of the awardees to receive a well-designed certificate. It is a manifestation that their efforts are well-appreciated and valued. On the one hand, government certificates must be designed professionally because it also represents the standards of the government as a whole. Here are some tips that you may consider.
- Use a high quality paper or platform – Most certificates are printed on paper. However, you can also use other platforms as long as you preserve the integrity and key features of the certificate. The paper should be clean and with a high quality.
- Structure the elements accordingly – Before writing the elements of your certificate, plan or create first your layout. Always remember that a cluttered layout is very unprofessional. Remember that some people consider their certificate to have a sentimental value such as in the case of a death certificate template of a loved one.
- Adopt a professional design – In this case, you have to consider the color scheme, the font style and size, and other design elements of your certificate. The design should coincide with the purpose of the certificate. In dealing with baby dedication certificate template, for instance, you can use baby’s gender as an inspiration for your design.