The concept of certification refers to the process of confirming that a certain person or organization has that particular skill or characteristic. To document and to serve as proof, certificates come into play. Certificates are applied in a variety of fields from job-related concerns to awards and gift-giving endeavors.
Certificate templates make it easy for those who individuals and organizations assigned to create one. Templates showcase a variety of formatting styles that particular certificates use. In line with this, we have certificate templates in Word format that you may download and edit. Because they are pre-formatted, you can just make a bit of modifications to suit your preferences.
Award Certificate in Word
Blank Award Certificate
Blank Certificate Template
Blank Stock Certificate
Blank Medical Certificate
How to Create a Simple Award or Recognition Certificate in MS Word
One of the most common type of certificate used in both academic and work-related institutions are recognition certificates. For students, these certificates is a way of boosting their self-confidence and morale because their diligence was recognized and appreciated. The following steps will guide you through the process.
- Launch your MS Word program. Then, open a new blank document.
- Choose a certificate template. MS Word provides you with Certificate of recognition templates designs and format. It is highly recommended that you choose a professional format to manifest an aura of formality.
- Modify the key elements of the template. After selecting your preferred template, you can now customize the details of the certificate. This would refer to the font size, font style, color scheme, margins, and other formatting aspects.
- Take note of the key components of a certificate. Ensure that you’re certificate is labelled accordingly with corresponding signatures of the authorized persons. For leadership certificate templates, you will need to specify the type of achievement unlocked by the individual.
- Save your certificate template. After adding the appropriate details and the necessary changes, you can save a copy of your certificate for future use.
Gift Certificate in Word
Formal Certificate of Gift
Sample Gift Certificate
Free Gift Certificate
Attendance Certificate Template
Event Attendance Certificate
Sample Attendance Certificate
More Certificate Templates
Certificates are not just solely used for making awards or appreciating someone’s efforts and achievements. There are still a variety of applications for them such as the following:
- Gift Certificate Template – If you’re planning to give away gift certificates to your employees, you can make use of these templates. The certificate’s format is straightforward. You just need to include the name of the recipient of the certificate, the details og the company that gives them out, the expiry date, and many more.
- Experience Certificate Template – For job-related purposes, these templates are ideal. These templates will help job seekers get noticed and eventually get a job offer from their potential employees. Its a way validating and certifying an employee’s previous work experiences. It is issued by the employee’s previous employers.
- Scholarship Certificate Templates – If you’re planning to sponsor scholarship grants and other academic opportunities, these templates will help you in creating a certificate.
- Retirement Certificate Templates – For those who are about to retire from their jobs, employers will be needing to issue them a retirement certificate. It would be very useful on the retiree’s end in terms of applying for benefits and other government privileges granted to retirees.
- Attendance Certificate Templates – If you’re organizing an event, seminar or function, you may want to issue these certificates to your participants as proof of their participation and presence to the said endeavor.
Our templates feature a variety of elements and formatting structures. They will help you get the inspiration and drive to come up with an outstanding certificate template.
Experience Certificate Template
Free Certificate of Experience
Practical Experience Certificate
Death Certificates in Word
Sample Certificate of Death
Free Death Certificate
Formal Certificate Templates
Formal Appreciation Certificate
Printable Formal Certificate
How Do Certificates Work
Certificates are used in variety of ways. As long there are legal and legitimate authorities that arranges endeavors that warrant the giving of certificates, then they will work their magic. Here are some fields of interests that uses certificates.
- Connotes the completion of a certain endeavor. Certificates are given by academic institutions to those who finish a certain course or study. They are also given to those who acquire skills and expertise because of a certain conference or training activity. If you’re company wants to send to a business trip, you may need secure a travel certificate from appropriate agencies. Most professional certificate templates are used for academic and career elevation.
- Serves as a proof of ownership. Formal and government-related certificates are used to secure your personal and proprietary rights. It will protect you from arbitrary abuses and serves as an evidence of your legitimate use of a property or professional practice.
- Adds up to a person’s credibility. More legitimate work-related and professional certificates can bring about a favorable career path for you.
For other contexts, a certificate can mean more. These are just some general ideas that entail how relevant certificates are.
What are Some of the Best Practices in Making Certificates?
Certificates are not just an ordinary document. It empowers you and your professional accomplishments. Here are some tips that you may consider.
- Understand the purpose of your certificate. Most of the time, the type of certificate is base on how it is applied.
- Choose a design template that coincides the significance of the certificate. If the certificate is for a creative learning exercise, feel free to style them up. On another note, if the certificate is for a formal and professional endeavor, then stick to a formal design.
- Ensure to customize the template. For companies, the certificates must be branded and styled in accordance to their standards. You should include the company logo for identification and accreditation purposes.
- Check and validate your information. Before entering the information on the blank spaces in the certificate, validate first if you have the correct information. This is done to avoid error and other misleading information.
- Use designs and other graphical elements appropriately. Choose a color scheme that would supplement the rationale behind the certificate. Feel free to incorporate creative designs in your thank you certificate templates. Avoid using design elements that are unnecessary and unprofessional. If ever you want to add one, make sure that it is related to the nature of the certificate. Just ensure to apply the right blend of creativity and professionalism.