11+ Completion Certificate Templates
There comes a time where someone is able to complete something such as a training program or an educational course. Should that happen then that person will most likely want to be rewarded for all of his or her time and effort. You may also see Certificate Samples.
So what you’ll want to do is to hand these people something that will help remind them of what they have been able to achieve. And that’s why this article is going to teach you everything that you need to know in order to come up with a completion certificate.
Elements of a Completion Certificate
Should the time come where you will have to make a completion certificate, then you should know that there are a couple of basic elements that you must never forget to include. The reason as to why they have to be present is because without them, the letter will not be able to point out what the completion certificate is for, who it’s for, when it was presented, etc.
So with that in mind, here are the basic elements that just about any good completion certificate must have:
- Company Name and Logo: The person who is to receive the certificate will want to remember who was responsible of providing it to him or her. This just means that you’re going to have to include the name of the company and its logo.
- Address: Make sure to point out the location of the company as it can be used for certain situations such as the recipient needing to visit the establishment to ask about any concerns that he or she may have. Include details such as the city, street address, zip code, etc. That way, there shouldn’t be any questions regarding where it’s located.
- Names: First is that you’ll want to start by writing down the name of the person to whom the certificate is to be presented to. This is important as you want to make sure that you’re awarding the right person. Once that’s done, proceed to write down the names of the people responsible for authorizing the certificate. It’s best to include their job titles as well as their signatures so that there won’t be any questions regarding whether or not these people have the authorization to create and hand out the certificate. Be sure to write down everyone’s first name, last name, and middle initial so that there won’t be any questions regarding their identities.
11+ Completion Certificate Samples
Swimming Certificate of Completion Template
Project Completion Certificate Template
Completion of Training Certificate
Course Completion Certificate Template
Free Completion Certificate Sample
Certificate of Completion Template
Certificate of Project Completion Example
Sample Completion Certificate Template
Mechanic Course Completion Certificate Format
Dealership Completion Certificate
Preschool Completion Certificate Template
Teacher’s Completion Certificate Sample
How to Make a Completion Certificate
Now that you know what it is that should be inside a completion certificate, the next thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn how to make one. It’s not enough for you to learn just what it should contain, there are still other things that you’re going to have to consider to ensure that it’s able to convey all the information that one needs in regards to what the certificate is for.
So here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper completion certificate:
Come Up With a Good Design
The first thing that you’re going to have to do is to come up with a design that’s able to properly represent the image of the company. The kind of design that you’re going to make will also depend on the type of completion certificate that you’re going to make.
For example, a person who has finished a rigorous business-related training program should have a design that’s formal, simple, yet nice to look at. And for those who have finished a course in dog training, the design should get a little bit more creative, but not to the point where it takes up too much of the certificate.
It’s all about knowing what design looks good and what’s appropriate. If you have no idea as to what kind of design you should go for, then you can always take a look at the many different completion certificate examples to help give you an idea.
Write Down the Important Details
When you’re done coming up with the design, then next is for you to point out who the award is for and why this person is receiving it.
Again, make sure that you write down the person’s complete name as you want to make sure that you reward the right person. Once you’re done with that,y you should go into detail regarding the award.
So why was this even made in the first place? That’s a question that you’ll need to answer in a brief manner. For example, you can simply state that the certificate is awarded for completing an I.T. training program or whatever it is that the awardee has finished. Also, you must not forget to include the date in which the award is handed out. There might come a time where someone will want to remember when he/she received the award, so do that person a favor and write down the complete date in the certificate.
Write Down the People Responsible for Awarding the Certificate
Remember that you shouldn’t forget to write down the names of the people that are responsible for making and awarding the completion certificate. What you’ll want to do is to write down the name of the person who was in charge of handling the training program, educational course, etc. Then you’ll also want to write down the name of another person who has the authority to issue the certificate, preferably those in HR.
Once that’s done, don’t forget to include their signatures right above their names as they need to be there should there be a time that these people’s identities need to be verified.
Tips for Making a Completion Certificate
- Know what format to follow: If you’re going to make a certificate, then you should know that there is a proper format that you’re going to have to follow. The point of doing so is to guarantee that whatever certificate you end up making will look organized and has all the information that the awardee will want to see. If you have no idea as to what kind of format you should go for, then you simply need to take a look at the many different completion certificate samples that you can find online.
- Check for any mistakes: You do not want to embarrass yourself or the company by presenting the awarde with a certificate that contains multiple grammar or spelling mistakes. So what you’ll want to do is to proofread and edit the completion certificate before you hand it over to the person that deserves it. What you should do is to go through it at least twice so that you can spot and immediately fix any kind of mistakes that you could have missed.
Types of Completion Certificates
Know that there are many different types of completion certificates and that each of them is for awarding people for different reasons. It’s best that you know what kind of completion certificates there are available so that you are able to learn which one you should make that will fit with the situation. So here are a few examples:
- Mechanic Course Completion Certificate
- Dealership Completion Certificate
- Teacher’s Training Completion Certificate
- Participation Completion Certificate
Completion Certificate Sizes
For those of you who will want to make a completion certificate, then know that the standard size would be 8.5 by 11 inches. Although you can go with other sizes that are either slightly larger or smaller, they will most likely lose their sense of professionalism. For those who award certificates that are for business-related matters, then it’s best to stick with the standard size. For any completion certificates awarded for entertainment purposes or for less serious matters, then you may choose to go with other sizes.
Completion Certificate FAQs
How Do I Make a Completion Certificate?
There are many different programs and applications that you can use to help you make a completion certificate. For example, there are lots of Word or Photoshop programs and applications that you can simply download and install. It’s all a matter of knowing which one is easy for you to use and which of them has all the tools that you’re going to need to help you make one.
Is There an Easy Way to Make a Completion Certificate?
Yes, the easiest way to make a completion certificate is if you download a completion certificate template, use the program you’ve downloaded and installed to open it, and customize it to contain whatever information you want it to have. You can make use of the templates available in this article should any of them meet your needs.
There will come a time where you’ll want to make the certificate, so it’s best that you know everything that you have to do in order to properly make one. So be sure that you’re able to make use of all the information presented in this article to help you know exactly what it is that you need to do.