As complex data presentation or as simple as information relay, it is recognizable to organize data and information accordingly. For purposes beyond self-reference, it also helps a lot for the audience or the readers. A chart of any kind or type is definitely a perfect tool to use to organize raw information and other pertinent details.
722+ FREE CHART Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Microsoft Publisher, Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
Charts are made to be used for a variety of purposes. See Chore Chart or Excel chart for that matter. This page offers you organizational chart templates at the same time an array of suggestions regarding the type of template you should use.
Blank Chart Templates
Pie Chart Template
Quality Control Chart
Behavior Chart Templates
Classroom Behavior Chart
Daily Child Behavior
Diabetic Chart Templates
Adult Diabetes Record
Why Use a Chart Template
Anyone who has utilized a chart template would say it is definitely convenient to use. Aside from a ready-made chart outline, its format suggests what could be ideal for different types of information you would want to present.
- Chart templates could also be perfect for interpreting data. It sorts out useful information for its target readers and audience.
- A chart template could also help track chart trends for more meaningful use of data.
These Graph Chart Templates and Free Chart Templates found in this page are also other types of chart templates that come up with a different approach in data presentation, analysis, and interpretation.
How to Use a Chart Template
If you are convinced to make use of chart templates instead of creating an actual chart, you must first know how to use the templates provided for you since there are several.
They can range from the more academic types to the ones of the household variety such as the Chore Chart Templates and Reward Chart Templates.
Here are 2 steps on how to use a chart template:
- Template Choice – With the information you have on hand, you have to carefully choose among different types of charts. See to it that the type of chart you have chosen could best express and interpret the information you have.
- Fill in Completely – Once you’ve figured out the template that you should use, fill it in with the necessary labels and other important information. The use of keywords and other descriptive terms could help a lot in the overall presentation of your chart. Leave no space in your chart to avoid a gap in your chart.
Organizational Chart Templates
Blood Pressure Chart Templates
Blood Pressure and Heart Rate
Blood Pressure Record
Flow Chart Templates
Process Flow Chart
Sample Work Flow
Seating Chart Templates
Traditional Wedding Seating
Chore Chart Templates
Editable Chore Chart
Preschool Chore Chart
Categories of Charts
There are different types of charts according to various categories. In each category is a mode of how data and information is relayed to its readers. Your choice of chart greatly depends on the message you want to convey.
Here are the different chart categories:
- Comparison Charts – This chart category deals with comparison between 2 or more objects, data, and other information for presentation. Comparison charts provide an easy overview of differences and similarities through a quick comparison all in one chart. See our Gantt Chart Templates for downloadable samples.
- Distribution Charts – These charts aim to simply present distribution of data or information to corresponding subjects or labels in a specific chart. It literally distributes details to simplify the chart. It also encourages the audience to have a reference point when interpreting distribution charts.
- Composition Charts – There is relevant data acquired by the audience through composition charts. Despite a simple outline and format, it basically conveys information at first glance. Composition charts are best represented in pie charts that perfectly illustrate what a certain subject matter could be composed of.
- Flow Charts – This category presents a process reflected in different steps and methods. Flow charts are like guide charts for different purposes and generally, this type of chart is used to ensure that information in each step or part of the flow is relevant in all aspects. See Family Tree Chart Templates for more samples.
- Trend Charts – Charts that establish a trend is helpful to its audience and readers. By simply an input of data, corresponding trends tend to show up for easier interpretation and analysis of data. This could be the perfect chart to reflect what kind of trend was aimed to be achieved in the first place.
Gantt Chart Templates
Project Management Chart
Simple Gantt Chart
Medication Chart Templates
Basic Medicine Chart
Do’s and Don’ts in Filling a Chart Template
Now that you’re acquainted with the different types and categories of charts—be they Training Flowcharts or Run Charts—it would be best to know which appropriate chart templates you could download to conveniently start creating your own.
Here are common Do’s and Don’ts when filling out a chart template:
- Do not use 2 chart categories for one topic. Sometimes your creativity will lead you to explore different chart combinations. This will only confuse your audience and a waste of time on your part.
- Do stick with the chart outline. Do not unreasonably alter anything in your chart outline. If you do so, there might be instances where your conclusion and results could possibly be altered.
- Do not overload your chart. Use keywords and phrases in your charts. Sentences and paragraphs could only be used when you elaborate and discuss your chart as a whole.
- Do include labels when necessary. It is possible that some types of charts may not be understood right away. Labels and word guides could serve as aid for your audience to comprehend your chart.
Pert Chart Template
Reward Chart Templates
Classroom Reward Chart
Toilet Training Reward
Growth Chart Templates
Individual Sales Growth
Hierarchy Chart Templates
Chart Template Samples
This page has a set of unique and helpful charts (from Pert Charts to Pie Charts) that are the best tools in organizing and formatting all your information into place. Check out a few of our chart template samples below:
- We have a blank Pie Chart Template that could be used for any distributive data presentation that you wish to have.
- Our Business Chart Template is ideal for different business operations presentation. It includes a breakdown of possible information you could input in your chart.
- With our Quality Control Chart Template, you are provided a systematic chart that could monitor of all details and information needed in order to monitor product or service quality.
Above is a general breakdown of the different types of charts out there and what they can do for you. To reiterate, it is all a matter of how a certain conclusion or result is to be relayed through the different charts used.