Analyzing various data in business is such a headache for anyone who is tasked to do it, but you don’t have to worry because a chart can definitely do it for you. For easy data analysis, chart templates are very helpful because it enables one to do the task an easier way. Here in our site, we provide various blank chart templates ease your burden.
Meanwhile, there are various ways of analyzing data, including organizational charts that represent a company’s internal structure, Gantt charts that visualize a project schedule, seating charts that analyzes provisions, number of seats and arrangement, chore chart that represents household chores data, and so many more!
Blank Chart Templates
PERT Chart Template
Chart Templates’s Advantages
Chart templates are always considered very helpful for those who have chaotic time schedules; thus, they need an easier and more efficient way of saving time when interpreting data. Chart templates in PDF are some of the numerous ways that lessens the heavy load.
Below are a few reasons why chart templates are considered important:
- Chart templates are a “ready to go” material that are very easy and convenient to use. It has already few important details included and that you only need to supply few additional details.
- They are considered to be a document that could be easily adapted because it has a “fill in the blanks” approach. Because of that, information can be easily added or removed.
- It is also a quick and smart idea of presenting data in a creative way. It does not only limit to pie charts, Gantt charts or an organizational charts that mostly gather data specifically for businesses. A depiction of how things and other related stuff are being used over time could be in a form of timeline chart too, which are also available here in our site.
- They fit in any ordinary word processing software so in conjunction with those, they are editable and can easily be saved.
Organizational Chart Template
Tips in Creating an Effective Chart
There are a few people who might consider making a chart very frustrating and time consuming. If you are one of those, worry no more because we have sample chart templates to guide you.
Here are a few tips:
- First thing you need to consider is examining the data. You have to classify those that are useful and necessary to present. Do not include those that don’t need so much highlight so that the chart would not look complicated.
- Next thing to do is to decide what type of chart you are going to use. Choosing the appropriate chart is a wise way to make the data clear and vivid to those who will read it. In presenting the data of how a specific progress changes over time, a control chart is the most appropriate one to use. Aside from determining historical data, it has specified lines that signifies different control limits.
- Create the legend with is its corresponding representations. This is the simplest way of explaining some details that are not familiar to the reader. Explaining the encoding helps in supplying pertinent information a reader must acquire.
- Label some lines or points to indicate that they have an important role in the chart or graph you are presenting. You would not want a reader to think that it is just a piece of decoration.
- Geometry should be properly indicated and constructed. A price chart for example, the shapes used to represent the prices should coincide with the label. Your chart may look so confusing and unreliable without this.
Flow Chart Templates
Behavior Chart Template
Blood Pressure Chart
Blood Pressure Monitoring
Characteristics of a Good Chart
When making a chart, the very first thing one must consider is how to make it a good one. Of course, no one would ever wish to create a chart that is not worth the read and would just be put into waste. So it is someone’s duty to make sure the chart he or she is making is a good one. A good chart and our printable chart templates and sample chart templates encompasses the following characteristics.
- A good chart has a clear image, which mean that the symbols and representations convey a clear message too. It avoids unnecessary details like irrelevant lines and boxes, text and graphics. This is to avoid confusion to the reader’s eyes, especially with run charts, which is used to analyze data with the use of various lines.
- Another characteristic is being simple and has one single concept that grabs a reader’s attention and accurately shows facts which makes it easier for the reader to grab the main point.
- Also, it has minimal labels and titles which meas there is no too much of left edges and graphics as well as titles and heading. It has a clean for an easier skimming and scanning of the data.
- Symbols are aligned with the heading and close to each other for a clear visual block.
Comparison Chart Templates
Product Reference Chart
Sample Product Comparison
Homework Chart Templates
Medication Chart Templates
Simple Pie Chart
Spending Plan Chart
Uses of Charts
Many people are already into using charts in terms of analyzing and interpreting especially in terms of business. But this time there are still a lot more reasons how charts are being used.
- Charts emphasize differences. If you are directly want to spot the difference in a specific area, a chart is a very good tool to identify such. Huge and small impacts could be spotted immediately with the use of charts. A bubble chart is one the good types of chart that emphasize differences because it does show three dimensions of data which means variations of the scatter plot are clearly shown with the representation of bubbles.
- Aside from spotting differences, it highlights similarities at the same time. A chart draws attention towards the similarities of data points which are not clearly given emphasis in some particular cases. Our sample templates chart in Excel will clearly show and explain the latter idea that’s being mentioned.
- It also indicates trend over a span of time because there are few circumstances that aren’t really noticeable on a day to day basis.
- Charts are very helpful in demonstrating failures too. Even simple chart templates in PDF can do so. It might not sound very positive, but, rest assured it’s normal. Looking at the brighter side, it’s still good that a chart will be able to identify failure so that proper remedies could be easily determined too.
So, whenever you plan of demonstrating a data clearly and creatively, refer to our samples. They have been made available for you to help you out with any task you need to accomplish–so long as they involve charts, of course.