Charts are mostly used in presenting large quantity of data specifically in terms of reporting statistics and other numerical information. One of the relied and credible tools in making charts is Microsoft Excel. It allows users with a user-friendly interface and features that made it easy for users to design and incorporate charts in their documents and works.
Excel charts come in various types such as a flow chart, a chore chart, Gantt charts, pie charts, and many more. If you want to excel in creating charts to enhance the quality of your presentation, choosing the right type and design of Excel chart is significant.
582+ Chart Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | PSD | Google Docs | PowerPoint | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Publisher | Apple Numbers | Illustrator -START DOWNLOADING
Popular Types of Excel Charts
Each type of Excel chart showcases a variety of features and formatting styles that you can avail of. Sample chart templates provide key information about the dynamics and usage of some of the frequently used chart types especially in terms of their business usage. Furthermore, the following are some of the popular types of excel charts:
- Pie chart – If you’re dealing with a single data series, this type of chart works best for you. Each slice of the pie represents a certain faction of the data. Pie chart templates in Word are useful in depicting percentages and statistical data.
- Doughnut chart – This type of chart showcases the relationship of individual elements to the greater whole. They are also good in getting the attention of targeted audience because of its susceptibility to various color schemes.
- Gantt chart – This type of chart is perfect for data management and tracking specifically in terms of project management. They are good in plotting schedules and in tracking down the progress of specific tasks. Gantt chart templates are not just professionally useful but also engaging because of its design features. MS Excel is a good tool to use in learning the dynamics of Gantt charts.
How to Create a Simple and Professional Excel Chart?
Free chart templates are excellent avenues for those individuals and groups that are eager to learn the basics and advanced methods of incorporating high-caliber or simple chart templates, in their projects or reports. The following are key steps that you may refer to in building chart templates in Excel:
- Launch MS Excel and launch a new worksheet. Before coming up with a comprehensive chart, data must first be entered into the worksheet. The series of data are the foundations of the chart.
- Highlight the cells that embodies the data that you want to be reflected in the chart. It is not necessary that all the data in the workbook are included in the chart. Make sure that the chart embodies relevant, updated, and accurate data. As much as possible, include only those major and relevant details in the chart.
- Under Chart Tools, select the type of chart that coincides with your data. As stated above, the selection of chart plays a key role in building a relevant and cohesive chart. Chart templates provide key examples in terms of chart selection and data management.
And lastly, adjust the formatting details of the chart. You can personalize the design in accord with the usage of the chart.