Businesses gather large quantities of data on a daily basis. It’s because there’s so much that they use charts to help them figure out how to further their growth and improve their relationships with their customers and clients. However, know that charts can also be used for reasons other than ones that are business-related.
And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in regards to how a chart can be used and how you should go about in creating a chart in Word.
1. Title: A chart should have a proper title as it’s what tells viewers what it is that they’re going to be learning about. It is very important that it consists of the subject matter that the graph is going to be discussing. For example, a simple chart that points out your exercise routine should have a title such as “Personal Exercise Chart“.
2. Bars and Graphs: Charts that are used to show a graphical representation of the data that has been gathered on a particular subject must make use of bars and graphs. This is great for those who prefer visual presentations of data over plain text.
3. Tables: Charts that are used to document information mostly through the text are better off using tables. Just make sure that there are enough rows and columns to allocate all of the information the chart needs.
4. Basic Information: Certain charts require that a particular person’s basic information be included. What information should be put into the document will depend on its purpose. Some may only require names while others may need both a name and job position title as an example.
5. Dates: Majority of charts contain dates to show the relevancy of the data that has been gathered. Just be sure to point out exactly when the data was collected as it will prove useful when determining whether the information in the chart is obsolete or can still be used.
1. Make use of Microsoft Word: If you plan on making your chart in Word format, then the best program to use would be Microsoft Word; this is due to the fact that it’s easy to utilize and has the tools needed to make almost any type of document. Once you have the program installed, then be sure to do the following:
As you can see, the process is very simple. Know that you can also use it to help you create other types of documents should you wish to do so.
2. Making your chart: Next is to put in what the chart needs to present the information you’ve managed to collect. Here’s what you’ll need to do.
There are so many different topics that one can present information on to the point that there are so many different types of charts that can be made. Here are a few examples:
All you have to do is open the program that you’ve used to make the chart, search for the file, and then edit it to how you see fit. If there are too many changes that need to be made, then it’s best that you start making the chart from scratch.
While you can use Microsoft Word to make a chart, there are many other alternatives that you can use. For example, you can use Adobe Photoshop as it has a variety of tools that you can utilize to give your chart a better-looking design. It’s all a matter of personal choice, just make sure that you make the right kind of chart and that you put the right information in it.