A timeline chart is used to provide information about the time duration where specific activities are needed to be executed to achieve desired results in an expected completion date. Timeline charts can be used by different entities in various projects and undertakings.
This article contains a collection of timeline chart templates and samples that you may use as reference. A Gantt chart template can also be used to create a more detailed timeline listing. Other than that, you may use our Organizational Chart samples if you need guides in creating a chart that can show the organizational structure of a business.
Timeline Gantt Chart
Kinds of Timeline Charts
There are different kinds of timeline Chart Template samples that can be used in a variety of processes where an entity is involved. Some samples of timeline charts are as follows:
- A project timeline chart is used to identify the processes that are needed to be done to finish a project. It is very important for the members of a team to ensure that they are aware of the project phases so they can function accordingly.
- A construction timeline is used by a construction firm or business to allocate the construction processes that are needed to be executed in specific time periods. Having a construction timeline can allow all the stakeholders of the construction project to be aware of the things that are needed to be done to achieve the project completion in a desired date. A Process Flow Chart Template may also be used to visually discuss the construction processes that should be implemented.
- An interior design project timeline is very helpful in the scheduling processes of an interior designer. This tool allows an interior designer to be aware of the time frames where particular interior processes should already be executed.
Interior Design Project
Tips to Create Timeline Charts
Timeline charts are essential tools that can provide a lot of benefits in creating awareness about the timely execution of activities and procedures. A timeline chart template and a Flow Chart Template both provides the organized listing of activities that should be done in a continuous manner. Some of the tips that you may follow in creating timeline charts are as follows:
- You can download any of our timeline charts so you can be guided in creating the format, content structure and layout of the timeline chart that you want to use.
- Be specific with the kind of timeline chart that you want to create. Consider the activities that you will place in the tool and the purpose on why you decided to create a timeline chart.
- As much as possible, be particular with the time frames where work procedures are needed to be plotted in. A strict timeline chart can give you more efficiency in terms of implementing your activities.
- Specify the entire time duration where the execution of the items present in the timeline chart are applicable. This will help you to be more aware of the time phases that you can use where specific activities may be plotted in.
You may use these tips in creating the timeline chart that is applicable to be used in the program, event, or any other process that you are currently involved in.