Packing your stuff is one of the first things you need to consider when you are moving to a new place or if you’re just going on vacation. One tool that can help you pack accordingly is the packing checklist. Every time you travel, creating a new checklist for packing purposes is essential since different trips also need different items to bring, depending on where you are going. You may also see Checklist Templates.
You can use our downloadable samples of packing checklist templates so you can grab a few checklist ideas. The ideas on formatting, document layout, and content in our samples may just help you make a more functional packing checklist template.
311+ Checklist Templates in PDF | Word | Excel | Google Docs | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Apple Numbers -START DOWNLOADING
Packing Checklist Template
Holiday Packing List
How to Write a Free Packing List Template for Vacation Purposes
When making your packing checklist, you must know or identify the things that you would like to do so you can be fully prepared with the items that you will include in your list. Take inspiration from our audit checklist templates when creating your vacation packing checklist.
If you want to make a checklist template for a more efficient packing process, you can follow these steps:
- Research about your destination and any points-of-interest around it.
- Identify the essential items that you will need for your trip.
- Be specific with the number of days that you will travel. This will identify the amount of items that you need to bring so they can cover your specific needs during the trip. This is just like creating an equipment checklist template where you list down all the equipment that you need for a process.
- List down the items that you would like to pack based on their usage during the trip.
- Once everything is organized in your checklist template, you can start browsing through the necessities of the trip again so you can verify if you have already listed all the items that you need to pack and bring.
Beach Holiday Packing List
Packing Checklist Sample
Example of Packing Checklist
Packing for College Checklist
The Essential Packing Checklist: Hacks and Tips for Business Travelers
If you are a business traveler and you are going to a location not just for leisure purposes, here are some of the packing checklist hacks and tips that you need to know:
- Always group the content of your printable checklist template. You should group your things according to how they will fit in your bags, because you still need to look as professional as possible, especially when you are carrying your baggage around your destination. Some of the groups that you can create in an item checklist template when packing for business purposes include the following:
- Corporate and leisure clothing
- Hygiene and medical kits
- Business itinerary
- Money and credit / debit cards
- Personal, corporate, and booking / reservation documents needed for the trip
- Be aware of the following so that you can prepare specific items to pack for your business meetings:
- The weather and condition of the destination during your business visit
- The specific business activities that you will be doing in the location
- The people that you will meet for business purposes and their schedules
Packing for a business trip is always a mixture of knowing what your travel needs are and what business you will be doing. Try these tips out when packing for your next business trip.