When it comes to planning and consequently executing of a plan, it is best to have a tool of reference in order to account everything needs to be accounted for. You can do that with the use of a checklist. A new checklist for every plan of a company project or a business event serves as a guide to the employees from the preparation to the execution of the plan.
An individual can also use a checklist for personal purposes widening the uses of a checklist. A checklist may be written on a simple piece of paper or a procured on a formally written document. The following printable checklist templates provide some of the formal checklists use by various industries.
Wedding Planning Checklist
Checklist for Wedding Rental
Special Event Checklist
Cleaning Checklist Templates
Room Cleaning Services
Inspection Cleaning List
Definition of a Checklist
A checklist is a helping tool used by both individuals and businesses in managing the execution of tasks. The checklist aids in the avoidance of lapses and human error due to the boundaries of the human memory.
Common Uses of a Checklist
There are different uses of a checklist applicable to different types of business industries like the example task checklist template and training checklist template which are used for tasks and training programs respectively. With this, the following are the most common uses of a checklist:
- For Medical Practice – A checklist ensures that medical practitioners follow the clinical standard procedures.
- For Business Operations – Businesses particularly those in the manufacturing industries make sure of the safety of every employee by providing understandable guidelines in the form of checklists.
- For Emergencies – Emergency survival kits are created by listing down the necessities for survival and checking if all the things are inside the emergency kit.
- For Aviation Safety Procedures – Pilots and aviation employees have flight checklists that aids in ensuring that all the necessary procedures for a safe flight are observed.
- For Professional Diving – Safe diving is taught by professional diving trainers with the use of a checklist so that the diver will be mindful of the diving equipment he needs.
Moving Out Checklist
Office Moving Checklist
Air Travel Checklist
Project Startup Checklist
Checklist for Project Management
Checklist Template Types
Different formats of checklist applicable for various industries are presented on this website. For you to have less difficulty in finding for the blank checklist template format you need, here is a list of the types of printable checklist templates in Word and in other available formats on this website, as follows:
Event Checklist Templates:
- Wedding Checklist – From the planning, photography, and rentals for the event, this checklist template covers all the needed preparations for the wedding.
- Corporate Checklist – This type of checklist template provides the needed preparations and materials for corporate meetings and conferences.
- Fundraising Checklist – Special events like fundraising events have this checklist to manage expenses within budget.
Business Operations Checklist Templates:
- Cleaning Checklist – Cleaning operations in hotels and other establishments are covered with the aid of this checklist template.
- Moving Checklist – Any type of moving whether it be moving out of a house or office moving for companies, accounting for all the property is done with the use of this checklist.
- Project Checklist – Development of projects are checked and monitored by project managers through a checklist until the completion of the project.
- Training Checklist – Training programs for staff and workers are prepared with the help of this checklist.
- Startup Checklist – Starting businesses must have this checklist template to oversee the needed requirements and procedures for startup businesses.
- Employee Checklist – A new employee is a given a checklist that he needs to comply with before starting the job.
Personal Checklist Templates:
- Travel Checklist – Individual and family trips must be prepared meticulously to cover the necessities for a travel as indicated on this checklist template.
- Student Checklist – Homework and projects won’t be missed with the help of this checklist.
- Application Checklist – Undergraduate applications to colleges and universities are conducted with the compliance of the student with the requirements on this checklist.
Periodic Checklist Templates:
- Daily Checklist – Safety procedures are often monitored daily as shown on this type of checklist template.
- Monthly Checklist – Monthly checklist aid the company in monitoring important business aspects like inventories and production.
Training Checklist Templates
Blank Student Checklist
Class Homework Checklist
Major Components of a Checklist
The following are the major components of a checklist evident in the sample checklist templates on this website, like the maintenance checklist templates and inventory checklist templates, used in businesses:
- Checkbox – This is found on the left side of the list of written tasks on a checklist. A tick or a check mark signifies the completion of the task beside it.
- List of Tasks – This refers to the work needed in order to achieve success of the event being planned.
Steps in Creating a Checklist
Here are the steps you can follow in creating a checklist with the aforementioned components:
- Define the mistakes done in the past plan preparations. Identify the mistakes and lapses incurred in the past and take note of them on the checklist.
- Brainstorm for the needed preparations. The people involved in the preparation for a certain plan must discuss the necessary materials and preparations for its execution.
- Make a simple to do outline. List down the tasks you need to do following a step-by-step outline with check boxes at the side for tracking purposes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the tasks. Test the checklist you created and improve the checklist along the way toward completion.
Business Start-Up Checklist
Printable Business Checklist
Daily Behavior Checklist
Health & Safety Daily Checklist
Employee Checklist Templates
Terminated Employee Information
New Employee Checklist
Checklist for Employee Performance
Pros and Cons of Checklists
For better understanding of checklists like the provided compliance checklist templates and event checklist templates on this website, the following are the pros and cons of using checklists on any preparation procedures:
- It helps in remembering the tasks to do when the mind gets tired.
- It aids in repetitive documentation.
- It keeps you in control of the procedures and record management.
- It limits the circumstances to be covered if there are no set contingencies.
- It sets the mind of the checker within the context of the checklist.
- It hinders the performance in unexpected and critical circumstances.
It is still important to make use of common sense in every preparation or task management for the creation and execution of the plans. A checklist is a tool that serves as your guide to have accurate management of tasks when you become busy with everything and you must not gain an excessive dependence on it.
In connection with this, and with the proper use of these printable checklist templates, you are assured that all the necessary tasks to attain success in the preparations will result in the seamless implementing of planned activities.