Constantly forgetting a few errands? What you need is an effective checklist! A person’s mind can only remember four to seven items at a time. If you are planning a social event or running an important errand, you can’t just rely on the limited capacity of your brain. Hence, you should make your own checklist.
A checklist can have a number of purposes. And once you identify what it is for, you can start putting in the contents. In this page, we offer a wide-ranging types of checklist templates for you to cater different occasions. With any of these templates, you can get formal, creative, and well-formatted checklists.
Sample To Do Checklist Template
To Do List Checklist Template
Wedding To-Do Checklist Template
Monthly To-Do Checklist Template
Project To-Do Checklist Template
Blank To-Do Checklist Template
Business To-Do Checklist Sample
Five Major Types of Checklists
You may heard of checklists in general, but I’m sure you never heard of a “checklist for checklists.” What is really meant in this term by Justin Fox of Harvard Business Review is that “we have always provided checklists for different needs but never a ‘checklist’ or list of checklist types.” So, here are the types of checklists he summarized:
- Task checklist. A task checklist shows a set of tasks needed to be achieved. We have a few in store you could check and download from our task checklist templates resource.
- Coordination checklist. This is used when collaborating with other parties for a project.
- Troubleshooting checklist. These are instructions used to resolve issues to maximize success.
- Discipline checklist. This can done in a word checklist to help you avoid making bad decisions during stressful moments. Check out our word checklist templates resource to help you get organized in critical situations.
- To-do checklist. These are time-sensitive tasks that are more personal compared to other types.
Making Your Own Checklists
When you plan to make your own checklist, you ought to make sure these are concise and well made. To do that, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Identify the purpose and objectives of your checklist.
- Every item should be relevant.
- Items must have corresponding actions.
- Rank items and prioritize urgent tasks.
- List each item in the simplest format.
Event To-Do Checklist Template
Things To-Do Checklist
New Baby To-Do Checklist Sample
Getting the Best of Checklists
Most people like to make lists. Hence, checklists have become widespread with its wide applications. You can use an event checklist (we have event checklist templates ready for you to download and modify to suit your needs) when you’re handling a major event. You can also use a new baby checklist to remind you of all the things you should do as new parents.
Making one seems to be an easy task, but to ensure you got all the necessary items or tasks needed written, you can download one of our templates. Every checklist template is carefully prepared with the an easy-to-understand format. These are readily downloadable, editable, and ready for your use. You can even have your own modified versions and reuse them on similar instances.
Why Make Checklists?
Some people take checklists for granted. Others don’t even find it significant. On the contrary, it provides us with numerous benefits. These include the following:
- Organize priorities. You can efficiently manage tasks now that they’re in a list. You can either have them ranked or scheduled depending on the task’s urgency.
- Manage productivity. With a definite agenda for the day, you can have them completed as targeted.
- Boost motivation. Completing a certain task encourages you to move on and accomplish your next task.
- Lessen stress. By forgetting less and achieving more, you can manage time better and even put more for yourself.