Quotations, or quotes, are important documents that are utilized to let a prospective buyer know how much goods or services will cost before they make a purchase. On the seller’s side, it is necessary since this lets them commit to a certain price. This is generally used when tasks being quoted have a clear framework and the costs are constant.
Here, in Template.net, there are multiple company quotation templates available for download or use as reference. These templates are in Word or PDF format for easy editing. Check out our samples below and see which one you think is applicable.
Company Quotation Template
Company Quotation Format Template
Security Company Quotation Template
Simple Company Quotation Template
Construction Company in PDF
How to Create a Quotation Template in Microsoft Word
These are easy to follow steps in making your own quotation template using Microsoft Word. Make it simple with dynamic fields for your recipient.
- Begin with making a new document in MS Word then add some immovable content such as a header containing your own address.
- Click the “Insert Date and Time” button in the Text ribbon group part of the “Insert” tab page. There will be an open dialog, choose a format and confirm..
- Create a 4 x 4 table to list a variable number of items in a quotation.
- The first row should contain the table header and the column titles. Set the input position into a cell on the first row and click “Repeat Header Rows” located in the “Table Tools – Layout” tab page.
- The last step is to define the repeating block in the template. This is done by placing a bookmark on beginning position.
There you have it! You now have a copy of your own quotation template using MS Word. However, if you don’t want to go through this process, you can just download the templates found on this page or check out our Quotation Templates for more options.
Company Price Quotation
Software Company in PDF
What to Do Before Preparing a Quotation?
Before making your quote, it is highly important that you know what are the things needed to include. See these helpful steps before preparing a quotation.
- Make sure to review your marketing and sales plans. This is to determine that the quote you will be providing to your customers will match your target segments.
- Determine and set guidelines to help you price products as well as services. You should always balance the competition, profit, and costs. Decide if you will charge for your quotation. If so, decide if you will deduct the fee whenever a job is approved.
- Understand job and quote specifications. As much as possible, gather all details of your customer’s request. You may ask your customer to give them or set up a meeting. This is to capture the details yourself as well.
- Ask customers to clarify information if you don’t understand them. Your customers also want everything to be clear just as much as you do. You can make a note of details that remain unresolved so that you can include them in your quote.
Templates can help you in terms of quotation making. You can make use of our Quote Sheet Template samples and download them for reference.