When it comes to crafting a simple contract, one should have the expertise since it requires factual and well-detailed information. However, if you want to make one but you don’t have any experience, you can always use our contract templates as your reference. Not just that, for a more convenient way, we highly recommend downloading any of these templates that you find applicable.
Sample Business Contract Template
Sample Marketing Contract Template
Project Contract Template
Consignment Contract Template
Contractor Timesheet Template
A contract is a legally and deliberately binding agreement between two or more competent organizations or parties. It is often written but can also be in a spoken or implied manner, and generally have to do with sale or lease, employment, or occupancy. A contract is evidenced by an offer, acceptance, and a legal and valuable consideration.
Employment Contract Templates
What Is an Employment Contract?
One of the most common contracts that are widely used is an employment contract. It is a written legal document that outlines the binding terms and conditions of an employment agreement between an employee and an employer. There is an existence of differences in private and public setting employment contracts since their employment objectives are different in each area.
What Should Be Included in an Employment Contract?
These are some of the important details that you will see in an employment contract.
- The Names of the Parties – This should be the employer’s details in terms of organizations and the employee’s complete name and address.
- The Start Date – This part is essential as it also includes a brief statement regarding the employment from a previous employer will not count toward the different rights that an employee will obtain after 2 years of service.
- Job Title and Description – This is to match the employee’s description of the position. It also allows for flexibility in the employee’s role.
- Probationary Period – This is the section where the employer specifies a trial period for the employee with the option of a short notice period at the end of the trial.
If you want to see an in-depth view of an employment contract, you can view the samples that are available on this page as well as our job contract templates, in which these contain almost similar contents.
How to Write a Contract Template Using MS Word
- Open up MS Word. If Word is already open, click the File tab and select New. You need to type “contract” in the Search For Online Templates field. You may scroll through the results to find a template that matches your needs.
- You must read the contract thoroughly. Fill in any blank fields and modify the words if needed. Dates and customer information fields can be left empty since this information will be different per contract.
- Insert underlines in all caps like CONTRACT and CLIENT. This is to indicate text that needs to be edited. In creating a new contract template, you can just double-click the line to select and replace it with the right detail.
- You can make changes with the Style of text, the Font, or the Size of the font as per your liking. Just highlight the text and then click the Home tab, you will see the formatting options in the Home ribbon tab.
- Omit images from a template by clicking them. Once you are done, press the Delete key. Click on the Insert tab and then the icon Pictures to add your own photos.
- Edit and proofread the contract thoroughly. You may click the Review tab and then the Spelling & Grammar icon to run a spell-check.
- Click Save As and select the Word Template option. Choose a file name and then click Save. The file will then be saved in the template format under Custom Office Templates folder.
For a more specific template like photography, our photography contract template samples are also ready for use and are great for reference.
What Is an Investment Contract?
Another important contract that is commonly used in a business or finance institution is an investment contract. It is a contract or transaction that an individual invests his or her money in a common enterprise and leads to expected profits, mainly from the one who exerted effort when it comes to investment.
Types of Investment Contracts
Investment contracts, usually, are any transaction that provides a person or certain business an ownership interest. This is either in the future or will happen now, or in a company in exchange for anything that has value. Here are some common types of an investment contract.
- Stock Purchase Contract – this is the simplest type amongst the different types of an investment contract. This is basically an exchange of money for stock and other items.
- Convertible Debt Contract – this is a tool used where an investor owes or loans money to a company that can either be reimbursed or the debt will be convertible into an ownership interest in certain companies.
- Restricted Stock Contract – this contract has the ability to claim ownership of the equity interest, which is based on the happening of some events.
Templates for this type of contracts are also available on this page. We even have maintenance contract templates that are great for maintenance service that holds an agreement between the two parties.
Types of Contract Templates Available
Since we all know that creating a contract can be tough at times. There are a lot of things that need to be considered; however with our contract templates, there is no need for you to worry about the content and the format. These are pre-created and are preformatted as well. Check out more of our contract templates and choose the one you think is suitable.
- Employment Contract Templates – this is a type of contract where an agreement between the employer and the employee are highlighted.
- Construction Contract – this is the template you will use when it comes to construction agreement and project proposal. This contains all needed details that an appropriate construction should have.
- Photography Contract – this template is created if you need a photography contract. Legalize the agreement between you and your client, make use of this template rather.
Additionally, a loan contract template is highly recommended for those who want to apply for a loan. This template also contains necessary details that are required for a loan contract.