A DJ, or a Disc Jockey, is an artist who plays music on different events and occasions. Nowadays, electronic dance music festivals have always been the talk of the town. There are a lot of DJs from different parts of the country and even flying from an international destination just to perform in this kind of music festival.
DJs do not only perform in big crowds that a music festival has. You can also see them on discos, clubs, weddings, private gatherings, and even on the radio. Since there are a lot of places where they can play at, contracts are needed to assure that the DJs get what they are promised and for them to abide on the rules and regulations stated in the contract as well. You may take a look at our website’s offering of contract templates for samples regarding this matter.
DJ Contract Template in Google Docs, iPages
Easy to Edit DJ Service Contract Template
Band Contract Template
Wedding DJ Contract Template
Resident DJ Contract Sample
Club DJ Contract Template
DJ Booking Contract Template
A DJ’s contract may vary depending on its purpose. It can be a contract for an event, a contract of exclusivity, or a contract needed to be signed before he or she can actually play on a specific place. Other types of contracts that you may want to look at include an Event Contract and an Artist Management Contract.
So what exactly does a DJ do that he or she needs to have a contract for his or her performance? Here’s a few idea regarding their job:
- DJs play music to entertain the guests of a function. The type of music that they play depends on the audience that they have and the theme of the event that they accepted to play at
- DJs select the songs that they want to play. It depends on the number of sets that they need to do for a specific event that they select a number of songs and the process and sequence on how they are going to be played.
- DJs also has the power to create song transitions as smooth as possible. This is why the sequence of the song is important so that the music will sound like it has a continuous flow. If in same cases it is not possible to flow smoothly in terms of how it is heard, DJs use sound effects from different materials to make it polished.
DJ Management Contract
Mobile DJ Contract Template
DJ Service Contract Template
DJ Artist Contract Template
DJ Performance Contract Template
Though other people are saying that the job of a DJ is easy, you need to consider these items before claiming that it is true:
- DJs spend most of their time onstage. There are different locations where they play at and seasons vary on those places. A DJ needs to play his or her music no matter what weather condition it is that is being experienced on the location where he or she is to perform.
- DJs might always be seen on stage but they take so much time in front of their tools and equipment to create the music and the flow of performance that people only see for a couple of minutes or hours. It takes a long process before a DJ can actually put musics and songs altogether and make sure people will like it
- It is hard to entertain a crowd especially if there are different age brackets that are present. As the person who should create fun and give enjoyment to the people, DJs study the group that they are to play for before even meeting them.
- DJs play on different times of the day may it be on a late night schedule, midnight, or even morning sessions.
Aside from DJ contract samples, you may view our Performance Contract template to serve as your reference.