The quotation creation in the field of engineering is due to the engineering projects that a business will be tasked to manage should the transaction push through. Engineering quotations have a variety of quotation formats, but the content of these documents are most likely the same depending on the kind of engineering works that clients would like to acquire.
This article features list of engineering quotation samples that you can refer to should you need a quotation for your engineering projects. As we have a wide selection, it will not be hard for you to find the exact template that is most appropriate for your business needs.
Sample Engineering Quotation Template
Engineering Consultancy Services
Civil Engineering Division
Request for Quotation for Engineering Services
Inclusions of an Engineering Quotation
The content of an engineering quotation should always be based on the needs of the clients. A basic engineering quotation should have the following information:
- The title or brief description of the services that the client would like to acquire
- The contract period of the project which would depend on the number of phases involved
- The location of the project
- The terms and conditions that should be followed by all the stakeholders of the engineering project
- The validity of the items that are listed in the engineering quotation
- The background and summary of the engineering project
- The services that will be acquired by the client and the corresponding individual prices of those services
- The materials that are needed to be purchased for the smooth flow of the project execution
- The total amount that the client needs to pay for the full acquisition of the company’s services
You can use your own company quotation in creating an engineering quotation for your clients. Moreover, you may also opt to create new quotation templates in excel especially if your current client have a lot of special requests that can further be discussed in a more elaborate manner through the use of a different engineering quotation.
Free Priced Quotation
Design & Quotation Engineer
Request for Civil Works
Guidelines in Creating an Engineering Quotation
Having a well-formatted and professional-looking engineering quotation can help your business to convince a client to get your services. Some of the guidelines that you may implement in the creation of your company’s engineering quotation are as follows:
- Make sure that your quotation format is easy to use and can properly outline the content of your engineering quotation. You can create your quotation format in PDF, word or excel.
- Use quote templates as guides and references in creating your own quotation. Being guided by an existing document can help you to create a more professional-looking and complete engineering quotation.
- Assure that you will use font styles and sizes that are understandable and readable. Be as simple as possible with your options so you can create an engineering quotation that is business-like but is still appealing.
- The content of your engineering quotation, especially the prices of your engineering services, should be based on updated information. This will help you to veer away from misunderstandings with your clients due to formatting errors and other document mishaps.
Take the time to polish your business’ engineering quotation as it can reflect the entirety of your business operations.