When applying for a job, most candidates are required to fill in the job application form. This form showcase variety of details of pertaining to the candidate’s basic details, previous position held, educational attainment, and updated contact information. An application form is often completed and submitted within the job recruitment premises or through online submission.
As shown in application form templates, the contents may vary depending on the advertised job position and the recruitment strategies applied by the company. Furthermore, the hiring company may add specific sections that will suffice the demands and context of the job position.
Job Application Form
Employee Job Application
Application Form for Sample Job
Helpful Tips When Writing an Application
- Take note of the preliminaries. You need to check the deadline dates and ensure that you set an allocated time enough to finish the entire form. In case the application is handwritten, you also need to see if they are asking to use certain pen color or is there any specific format preferred. You also need to read the job specification carefully.
- Disclose the necessary and relevant information. If you are answering an online application, make sure to write a draft answer in Word processing program or any other related program first. If they did specify a word limit, always follow it. Don’t forget to provide a factual answer, don’t make any assumptions. Provide clear-cut and relevant examples and always be honest with your answers as well.
- Make the necessary reviews before submitting the form. Don’t forget to review your contact details and check any typos or grammar lapses. If you’re answering an application online, ensure that you use a readable font and proper formatting.
On the employer or business entity’s end, they have to consider that application forms need not be perfect. As shown in application form examples, what is important is that you capture the relevant points necessary in screening candidates. This rule also applies to other types of application forms.
Credit Application Form
Tax Credit Application
Application Form for Credit Account
Credit Application for Business Form
Application for Documentary Credit
Employment Application Form
Blank Employment Application
Employment Card Application
Employment Pass Application
How to Fill Out an Application Form
These are the steps on how to properly fill out a form. This is important in order to avoid further mistakes and what are the things you need to consider when answering an application form.
- Always carry and use your own black pen. When filling out an application form, a black colored pen is highly preferred compared to a blue colored one. Make sure to write it in a legible and neat manner. It will be highly considered than a messy one.
- Always observe proper dress code when asking for applications and when handing them in. Remember that first impression lasts, and you will never get any second chance in doing so, as what they say. No matter what type of job you’re applying for, employers are more likely to hire someone who has a professional appeal. Also, there is a huge possibility of an on-the-spot interview, so you might want to look how you would go for a scheduled interview. In cases of disability application form, the applicants are given sheltered treatment to aid them and make the application more easy and convenient.
- You may ask if you can take a blank application form at home. This way, it will be better and you can take the time you want in filling out neatly your application form. You can also ask someone to proofread it if you’re at home.
- Carefully read the application including any special instructions. There are times that employers include special instructions on applications. This is to see if candidates can follow instructions accordingly. For instance when dealing with business credit application forms, you may be required to provide further documentary requirements.
- Make sure to complete every space when writing your application. If there are certain questions that are not applicable, just put “N/A” or “Not Applicable.” Not doing so can make employers think that you skipped the questions accidentally.
Membership Application Form
Application Form for Branch Membership
Foundation Membership Application
Student Membership Application
Rental Application Form
Application Form of Residential Rental
Rental Property Application
Real Estate Rental Application
Leave Application Form
Application Form of Earned Leave
Maternity Leave Application
Parental Leave Application
Volunteer Application Form
Volunteer Firefighter Application
Volunteer Work Application
Account Application Form
Account Opening Application
Application Form of Account Fund Transfer
Bank Account Application Form
Individual Account Application
More Samples of Our Application Form Templates
For a less squabble and effortless way of making an application form, we highly recommend downloading our ever-helpful application form templates. These are content-ready and well-formatted application forms. You might find one that suits your need. Check out these samples.
- Rental Application Form Template – This application is designed for screening prospective tenants. This is mostly used by landlords. There is also a section on this form where a tenant authorizes the landlord to verify the information given by the tenants themselves.
- Employee Application Form Template – This is mostly used in job applications and are being filled out by job seekers. This includes information such as the applicant’s name, contact information, reason for application, and other relevant details.
- College Application Form Template – This type of application is mostly used by candidates who are trying to apply for college scholarship or enrollment. It comprises of details like the applicant’s name, address, current school, and other questions related to college application.
- Loan Application Form Template – A type of application form that provides vital financial information about the lender. This application contains details like the lender’s name, the amount of loan required, the lender’s contact information, and signature.
- Job Application Form Templates – These are considered as the entry point before an applicant can proceed to the next phases of the application process.
College Application Form
College Scholarship Application
College Application Common Form
College Student Application
Loan Application Form
Application Form of Personal Loan
Home Loan Application
Loan Board Application
Application Form of Student Loan
Recruitment Application Form
Application Form of Railway Recruitment
Recruitment Agency Application
Blank Recruitment Application
Student Application Form
International Student Application
Student Finance Application
Student Allowance Application
Student Visa Application Form
School Application Form
Application Form of Primary School
School Transport Application
School Admission Application
Tenant Application Form
Application Form of Landlord Tenant
Prospective Tenant Application
Tenant Screening Application
Tenant Rental Application
Visa Application Form
Visa Application Renewal Form
Application Form for Visa Entry
Long Stay Visa Application
Application Form for Visitor Visa
Why Are Application Forms Necessary?
- Helps in gathering data regularly and in the same format from each potential applicant. This is actually true in cases of HR application forms. Employers will also obtain standardization of information requested. This process can make comparisons of applicants’ credentials faster and easier.
- Helps in gathering information about the applicant’s references in which these are often not included in a resume or cover letter. Some examples to this are reasons why applicant left his/her previous company or if there are any misdemeanor or crime convictions.
- This also helps in attaining that all statements from the applicant provided on the application are all legitimate and true. For instance, in tenant application forms, the landlord is interested in reviewing the tenant’s personal and professional background to ensure that the latter can financially perform his or her payment obligations. Apart from this, the applicant’s signature will also enable the potential employer in checking the accuracy of all information provided.
- Help determine any fraudulent claims and information on application credentials. Examples of such are fake degrees, overstated job descriptions, hoax dates of employments, and other cover-up information.