Putting out anything for rent involves a lot of risk, especially if you don’t know the habits and personalities of the people to whom you are renting your property. A properly drafted rent agreement form gives you that safety net and takes care to allot the responsibility of the care of your property to your tenants. It also states what your responsibilities are and the legal/financial consequences should you or the other party fail in those responsibilities.
If you’re looking to rent out your property and have no idea how to write a rent/lease agreement, you’ve come to the right place. Here, we list for you the best examples of contract forms the Internet has to offer. We’e sure you’re bound to find the terms you’re looking for.
Rent Lease Agreement Form
Residential Rent Agreement Form
Private Rent Agreement Form
Basic Rent Agreement Form
Residential Tenancy Agreement Form
What Your Rental Agreement Form Should Cover
To be legally binding and thorough, a rental agreement form has to cover the following elements:
- Terms of the rent and deposit. State clearly the monthly, quarterly, or whichever style of payment you agree on. If you wish to impose a deposit, say so clearly with the amount and the amount of time it covers.
- Utility charges. Most property owners put in place individual electric and water meters so the tenant pays exactly for what he has used. There is also a dying breed of property owners who actually include utility charges in the rent payment and stipulate a usage limit in the rent agreement. Whether one or the other, it has to be clearly stated.
- Repairs and damages. The rent agreement form has to name the party responsible for maintenance, repair, and damages. Since it is the property of the owner, the responsibility usually falls on them. It is also a good idea to enumerate the circumstances that excuse the owner from this duty, such as when the tenant himself caused or contributed to the damage.
- Duties of both tenant and owner. This is pretty self-explanatory.
- Terms of termination and extension. The rent agreement form has to lay out the steps the tenant should take to terminate the agreement or the provisions he has to address. (If he fails to observe any of the terms in the agreement, the owner may terminate the agreement immediately. We have a compilation of termination letter templates to make this step easier.) The same is to be said for when the tenant wishes to extend the time period stated in the contract.
Room Rent Agreement Form
Rent Tenancy Agreement Form
Sample Residential Tenancy Agreement Form
Rent Payment Agreement Form
Room Rental Agreement Form
Save Yourself the Trouble and Cost
Drafting an entirely new rent agreement contract can prove to be quite tedious and costly. After all, the form can cover as many as five pages and you’ll need to obtain legal counsel to make sure that the contract stands in a court of law when it comes down to it. Why don’t you save yourself the trouble and cost by using one or the other templates we have found for you?
These rent agreement form samples on this compilation are free to download and can be edited to accommodate the terms you want the agreement to have. We even have sample rental application forms to make things even easier for you. These are drafted professionally and legally binding in a court of law.