10+ Form Templates in Apple Pages
When running a business, you’ll notice that there are times where you’ll either require clients to provide you with information, or you might have to provide them with it. Should either happen, you’ll want something that’s able to hold all of that information and present it in a professional manner.
The one document that should be able to do just that would be a form. This article is going to teach you all that you need in regards to what it is that a form should contain and how you should go about in creating one.
Elements of a Form
When coming up with a form, you should know that there are basic elements that you must not forget to include. They are important in the sense that without them, then whatever form you end up creating could lack crucial information that the parties involved will want to know about.
So to ensure that the document will hold what it’s supposed to, here are the basic elements that a form would have:
1. Title: Every form should have its own title. Readers should be able to find this at the top of the document and you want it to be one of the first things their eyes come across. The purpose of the title is to give readers an idea as to what the form is supposed to do and what information they’re expected to obtain or give out. When making the title, make sure that it’s appropriate and related to the form’s purpose. For example, let’s say that you need to create a form that will allow employees to put in information regarding any incident they’ve been a part of or witnessed. A good title for the document would be something like “Business Incident Report” or “Employee Workplace Incident Report“.
2. Basic Information: There are certain forms wherein a person will be required to provide his/her basic information, a good example of which being order forms or delivery forms. Should you create a form which asks for one’s basic information, you’ll want to point out exactly what should be put into the document. While some forms only require a person to provide his/her name, others may want more information such as job position title or email address and phone number. Just be sure you know what kind of form you need to create so you can point out what basic information is needed.
3. Date: Every form should have the date in which it was made, the date in which it was signed, and whatever relevant dates the reader should know about. When writing it down, be sure to include the month, date, and year.
4. Items and Details: Different types of forms will ask for or contain different types of information. So you’ll first need to know what type of form you’re making, and from there you can share the purpose of the form and what the reader has to learn about. For example, an accident report wouldn’t just contain information on what happened, but it should also point out where it happens, when it happened, who was involved, etc.
10+ Form Templates in Apple Pages
Purchase Agreement Contract Form
Car Loan Agreement Form Template
Roommate Rental Agreement Form
Annual Credit Report Form
Free Stockroom Requisition Form Template
Free Candidate Evaluation Form
Sample Tenant Application Form
Free Rental Application Form
Completed Appraisal Form Template
Skills Analysis Form Sample
How to Make a Form
After learning the basic elements, you must now learn what you have to do in order to create a form. Remember that a form can only serve its purpose if it has all of the right information and it’s your responsibility to make sure that it’s all there. Not only that, but you’ll also need to know how you should go about in creating your document with the right program.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper form:
1. Opening and using Apple Pages: If you are planning on using Apple Pages to make your form, then know that this program can only be accessed by iOS devices such as a Mac. If you do not have such a device, then consider other programs such as Microsoft Word as that too will allow you to create any form you need. However, should you have access to Apple Pages and wish to use it, then here are the things that you will need to do:
- Click on the “Pages” icon.
- Choose from the list of templates that you want to use in order to make your form.
- Click Choose to open a new document by using the template you selected.
Take note that you can use the same process to help you create other types of documents should you wish to do so.
2. Create your form: After learning how to use Apple Pages to create the document, now you have to learn how you’ll put the information it needs while making sure that it’s all presented in a professional manner. Here are the things that you are going to have to do:
- Know the purpose of the form: When thinking of what it is that you have to put into the form, you first need to consider what the purpose of the document is first. This will tell you exactly what kind of information you want the form to share or what you want the reader to put into the document. Knowing the purpose is also a great and easy way for you to come up with a title for your form.
- Format everything properly: Formatting the document means that you’ll have to think about how all of the information it contains is going to be presented to the readers. So it’s here where you’ll need to think about the font and font size that you’re going to use for the text, as well as how you’re going to align and space everything. Check out the many different form samples on our site to give you an idea as to how you should go about with the format of the form you want to make.
Tips for Making a Form
- Make sure that all descriptions in the form can easily be understood: No matter what kind of information you decide to share via the form you’re presenting to the reader, you have to ensure that it can all be easily read and understood. What this means is that you’re going to have to check and see if whatever is going to be read is comprehensible and basically just makes sense. Try not to use too much technical jargon that readers will most likely not be able to understand.
- Proofread and edit: This is something that you’ll want to do with all documents. Proofreading and editing the entire form means you’ll be looking for any grammar or spelling errors that you’ll want to correct, or there could potentially be information that’s missing or incorrect that you’ll need to fix immediately. It’s always best for you to check the document twice just to make sure that you didn’t miss out on anything important, or you can have someone with authority to help you go through the document.
Types of Forms
Considering the fact that there are so many business-related agreements that could take place between parties, then it’s only logical for there to be many different types of forms that can be created. It will be very useful for you to learn about these different types as knowing about them will guarantee that you create the one you need. So with that, here are a few examples:
- Record Form
- Incident Report Form
- Simple Order Forms
- Appraisal Form
- Accident Report Form
- Agreement Form
- Application Form
Should you wish to learn more about the other types of forms or if you want to learn about other documents, then what you should do is go to our site, find the articles or templates that have what you need, and use them in whatever way you please.
When does a form have to be signed?
This will depend entirely on the type of form that you have to create. Take note that majority of the forms that are used for business-related transactions or agreements will require that one or more parties provide their signature before anything can take place. Be sure that you’re aware as to how many signatures are needed or if one is needed at all before anything else takes place.
What is the easiest way to make a form?
If you don’t want to start from a scratch, then the easiest way to make one is through the use of a template. All you have to do is to make a quick search of the form that you want, download it and open with the appropriate program, and then make whatever changes you want until you are satisfied. You may use the templates in this article should they meet your needs.
So long as you make the most out of the information that this article is presenting you with, then you’ll be able to come up with a well-made form that will collect or provide the information that’s needed.