10+ Form Templates
In the world of business, you will be required to place your signature on certain documents in order for things to be approved. For example, you in the event that you wish to enroll your child in a particular school, then you’re going to have to provide his/her and your names and signatures on a school registration form.
However, you need to know what kind of form needs to be made that will suit a specific situation. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order to come up with the right form.
Elements of a Good Form
You won’t be able to make any kind of form unless you know exactly what each should contain. Given the fact that there are so many out there, each of them is bound to contain different information. However, there are certain basic elements that just about every form has and it’s best that you learn about them. That way, it’s guaranteed that you’re able to present or acquire the information that you’ll need.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements of just about any form:
- Title: Right from the very beginning, any kind of form is going to require a title. The reason for having one is so that the people who decide to go through it will already have an idea as to what information it may contain. If you’re going to make a title, then you have to make sure that it’s relevant to whatever it is that document is for. For example, if the document is made for containing the results gained from doing employee appraisals, then you’ll want the title to be something like “employee appraisal form” or something else that’s similar.
- Date: If you’re going to make a form, then you have to point out the date in which it was made. There might come a time where either you or another party that’s involved in the document may need to prove when it was made. Just make sure that you include the day, month, and year in which it was made so that people will know exactly when it was created.
- Basic Details: These can be either from the entity that has created the form, or the person that is made to sign it. What basic information that the form should contain will depend entirely on the type that needs to be made. Just make sure that you know what type you’re going to create so that you’ll figure out exactly what information should be in it.
- Signatures: Just about every type of form is going to require a signature from both parties or one of those that are involved. Be sure that you always include a space within your document that allows these people to include their names and signatures.
10+ Form Samples
Free Requisition Form Template
Free Order Form Sample
Completed Appraisal Form Template
Purchase Order Form Template
Office Requisition Form
Work Order Form Format
Employee Appraisal Form Sample
Student Registration Form
Performance Appraisal Form Template
School Registration Form Sample
How to Make Proper Forms
Now that you’ve learned about a form’s basic elements, the next step is for you to understand the ways that will allow you to make one. Take note that there are so many different forms that you could possibly create that each of them has their own specific steps that will ensure that they’re able to contain what’s needed. However, the following are things that you can do to create the basics of any form:
1. Start With the Basic Information: Right from the very beginning, you’re going to have to include whatever basic information the form is going to need. It doesn’t matter what type of form it is, you will be required to input at least one entity’s basic information in it. The problem is that you need to know what you have to place. So here are the things that you may be required to include.
- Names: This is a given as just about any form will require the names of those involved in certain matters. All you’re going to have to do here is to provide the complete names that are involved with whatever the form deals with. Be sure that you are able to include first names, last names, and middle initials so that the identifying process can go much smoother. If the entity involved is a business, then simply write down the business’s complete name.
- Addresses: The form may require one or all of those involved to provide their addresses as there may be a situation wherein it’s needed. A good example being that of a rental application form where it will be asking of an applicant’s previous and current residential address. Just be sure to write down everything from the name of the street, block number, etc.
- Contact details: There are many forms that will require that all parties involved must share their contact details with one another so that they have easy ways to communicate with each other. So you need to make sure that they provide their contact information such as their phone numbers and/or email addresses.
2. Understand the Purpose of the Form: If you want to make sure that the form your’e going to make has all of the necessary information that it’s going to need. Then you’re going to have to understand it’s purpose first. If you know what exactly it’s supposed to do, then knowing what it should contain shouldn’t be that much of a problem.
For example, if you’re going to make a rental application form, then you’ll want things such as the applicant’s personal information, employment, history, credit history, personal references, etc.
So long as you know what should be in it, then you can obtain or present whatever it is that you need to.
3. Always Have a Space for Signatures: Although this was already brought up, it cannot be stressed how important it is that you have a space that’s specifically for signatures. The reason is because these signatures are going to be very helpful in providing that either party has agreed to providing information or accepting the terms of a particular agreement within a document. Just make sure that they’re able to place their complete names along with their signatures and you won’t have to worry about anyone verifying the legitimacy of the document.
Tips for Making Forms
- Do you research: If you want to make sure that it contains the information that you need it to, then you’re going to have to your research. Know what type of form you’re going to make, and look up samples online to give you an idea on what it should contain.
- Follow proper format: Specific forms may have a standard format that you’re going to have to follow. It’s best that you know what these formats are before making the document.
- Always check for errors: You want your forms to look as professional as possible, meaning that you have to make sure that it doesn’t contain any sort of mistakes. It’s best that you go through the form at least twice so that you can spot any mistakes pertaining to grammar, spelling, or even the information that you’ve placed.
Types of Forms
As mentioned before, there are so many different types of forms that you could possible make. Take note that each of them have their own unique purposes, meaning that you’ll want to know what they are to know which one’s you’re supposed to make. So here are a few examples:
- Complaint Form
- Order Form
- Performance Review Form
- Application Form
- Feedback Form
- Concern Form
- Evaluation Form
If you want to learn about the other types of forms you can make, then simply go through our site.
There are specific forms that will require their own specific sizes. You’re going to have to learn what they are to guarantee that whatever you decide to make will look professional. So here are the standard sizes:
for basic documents 8.5 x 11
for legal forms 8.5 x 14
Is There a Way to Know What Format I Should Follow?
Yes, simply go online and look for samples on the form that you’re going to make. There are some available here that you can use as a reference.
What Application Can I Use to Make my Forms?
The most common one would have to be Microsoft Word as it has all of the basic tools that you’re going to need. However, there are other Word applications that you can use and it’s up to you to find out which one you’re comfortable with.
Is There an Easy Way to Make Forms?
Yes, you simply need to download a form template and customize it in any way you wish. Again, you can go through the samples that are available in this article if you wish to do so.
In the even that you would like to learn about the other types of documents that you can make, then all you have to do is to go through our site. It has many different articles, all of which should have the information that you’re going to need Just be sure that you’re able to read the ones you’ve chosen thoroughly so that you can make the most out of what they have to offer.