28 Lease Application Forms in PDF
There are a lot of things that people would like to apply for. One person might want to apply for a club membership or another might want to apply for a job position. In any case, one cannot just apply unless that person signs a document that makes his or her application official.
This is the reason why these people are required to fill out application forms. With the help of application forms, companies and organizations can ensure that they know who these people are, what they’re applying for, and if they’re applicable to take part in whatever they’re applying for.
Commercial Real Estate Lease Application Form
Commercial Property Lease Application Sample
Commercial Tenant Lease Application Form
Commercial Lease Application Form in PDF
Commercial Lease Application Form
Commercial Lease Agreement Application
Commercial Lease Credit Application Form
Blank Commercial Lease Application Form
Commercial Building Lease Application Form
Free Residential Lease Application Form
What Is a Lease Application Form?
A lease application form is what one uses in the event that he or she wants to lease any kind of property from another person or company. One can lease things such as vehicles, land, buildings, or even one’s services so long as he or she agrees to the terms and conditions that are presented within the document. With the help of lease application form template, the lessor can create the agreement that one must comply with before that person may use whatever he or she would like to use. So things such as the method of payment, the duration of the lease, and the amount that will be paid are all placed within the lease application form. With the information contained within this article, not only will you know the different types of lease application forms, but you will also learn how to apply for a lease for those things that you would like to be granted temporary ownership and usage of.
The Different Types of Lease Application Forms
Considering that one can lease just about anything, one should also assume that there are also different forms that are specifically focused at whatever he or she wishes to lease. So here are a couple of examples of the different types of lease application forms:
- Residential Lease Application Form Sample. This is the kind of form that is utilized by those people who would like to lease out property that they can reside in, hence the reason why it’s called a residential lease application form. Those who are leasing out their homes or rooms can make use of this type of form so he or she may acquire valuable information from the lease applicant. So everything from the applicant’s name, contact information, contact number of the previous landlord, applicant’s previous address, and much more. If that applicant is moving in with one other person or more, then it’s compulsory that these people fill out this document with the required information as well.
- Automobile Lease Application Forms. Automobile or vehicle lease application forms are what one makes use of in the event that he or she wishes to lease out any kind of automobile that can be used for different purposes. With the help of this type of form, those who are leasing their vehicles may create the terms and conditions that the lease will have to agree to before the vehicle may be used. Also, it places in important information such as the type of vehicle that’s being leased, along with other details such as the make and color of the vehicle. The lease must also provide other documentation such as a copy of his or her driver’s license that must be submitted along with the application form. The reason for this is so that the lessor has proper identification as to who is renting out the vehicle, and to make sure that the person is legally able to operate one.
- Commercial Lease Application Form. Those who make use of commercial lease application forms are able to lease out any kind of commercial property that they would like, so long as they comply with the required information as well as accepting the terms and conditions created by the lessor. Commercial property is any kind of building or pieces of land that generate income. A good example of a commercial property is retail stores or any kind of building that has rooms or apartments for rent. So those that would like to put their commercial property on the market can use this form to allow applicants to gain access and usage of these commercial properties. The lease must also state within the commercial lease application form his or her purpose for wanting to lease out the property. So long as both lessor and lessee can both come to terms on the agreement, then there shouldn’t be any problems.
- Lease Extension Agreement Application Form. As the name of this form states, it’s what one uses in the event that he or she wishes to put an extension on a current lease. Basically, a lease extension allows no one to extend the usage of the property that he or she is still leasing out. The information that will be placed in this type of document is the extension period of the lease, the name of the person who wishes to extend the lease, the method and terms of payment, details of the property that the person is currently leasing out, and any other required information that the lessor will need. So make use of this type of lease agreement application form to ensure that the lessor knows that you want to keep using his or her property.
Residential Rental Lease Application Form
Residential Lease Application Form
Basic Residential Lease Application Form
Blank Residential Lease Application Form
Generic Residential Lease Application Form
Residential House Lease Application Form
Printable Residential Lease Application Form
Simple Residential Lease Application
Quarry Lease Application Form
Things You’ll Need to Know before Signing a Lease
While it may be exciting trying to find that perfect place or vehicle that you want to use and signing a form that allows you to use it, you’ll need to know that there are things that you have to consider before you end up making a decision you may regret. There have been a ton of stories where people lease out a certain property, only to encounter problems such as the vehicle has a couple of internal damages that the lease wasn’t aware of or the landlord being unresponsive to the leader’s problems. One way to easily avoid this is by signing an effective lease that benefits both the lessee and the lessor. So here are a few tips that will ensure that:
- The first thing you’ll need to do is to know how to read a lease. While this may seem pretty obvious, there are still a ton of people out there who end up signing leases wherein they have no clue as to what they have just signed. At the very least, it’s important that we should be able to decipher legal statements to help you see if there are any errors or problems with the agreement that might just get you into a legally binding nightmare. You can always ask a third party to help you read the agreement, or you can ask for a lawyer to help you out, although the latter option may cost you a bit.
- Try to avoid any kind of general agreement. There are a lot of lease application and agreement forms that have generic templates that a lot of lessors make use of. However, the language of these forms may vary. Generic agreements could lead to a lot of problems such as omitting special provisions such as extensions or damage limits. You’ll need to make sure that all of the vital information that you need to know is placed within any lease application and agreement form that you have to sign. So things such as the unit of the property, the complete name of the lessor, the lessor’s contact information, the amount of deposit and rent, the expected utilities, and much more. By gaining all of this information, it can help you decide whether you would like to take up the lease or if you should find other opportunities elsewhere.
- Make sure that there’s a severability clause as it will be really helpful to you if you decide to sign the lease document. A severability clause protects you by keeping the contract intact, even if there’s a part in it that’s either illegal or unenforceable. Basically, if you’ve found that there’s some kind of illegal statement within the lease contract just when you’ve signed it, the severability clause will be able to remove that statement and still keep the contract from falling apart.
- Understand the state laws in your country or state. Laws will vary depending on the country or state that you live in. What may be legal in one location may be illegal in the other. So the two most important documents that you will need to go through are your lease contract and your country’s or state’s lease law. Go through every single statement to make sure that you’re abiding by the law, as well as making sure that it will help you in the event that you’ll encounter any sort of legal dispute.
- Go through the contract and find any kind of illegal clauses that you should be wary of. A good example would be that landlords are required to provide maintenance in the event that there’s any sort of property damage that has to be taken cared of before the lease can assume temporary ownership and usage. So if you spot any kind of clause that prevents the landlord from performing this duty, it should be removed immediately.
- Take note of any penalties regarding late payment. Be sure that the lessor acknowledges grace periods for any sort of late payment so that you won’t be placed in a bad situation. Usually, fees are covered generally on a fee-per-day basis. So you’ll need to be very careful with any legal language that states that you’ll have to pay a very hefty fee in the event of any late payments. Make sure that the late fee penalty is reasonable.
- Outline utility responsibility. If you’re signing a home lease, then you should. It’s the landlord’s responsibility to pay for gas and electricity in the event that the utilities are under his or her name. You should also know that landlords cannot use your security deposit to pay for these utilities, so make sure that there aren’t any statements within your lease contract that state that the landlord can do so.
- One of the most important aspects of a leasing agreement is the subleasing agreement clause. There are a lot of landlords that do not allow subleasing while there are some who are fine with it but will require extra payment or at least a cut of the additional rent. So before you start signing that contract, make sure that you ask questions regarding subleasing with the lessor.
- Know your rights as a lessee. There are two things you should know and that you should always keep in mind. The first being that your rent cannot go up until your contract expires. The second being that you cannot be evicted unless you have broken any agreements in your lease contract. At the end of the day, lessors are trying to run a business and the lessees just want to make sure that they’re able to use whatever property they’re leasing in peace. So long as none of your rights are violated and that the two of you negotiate, then the two of you should walk away happy and without any problems.
Partnership Lease Application
Commercial Sublease Application
Lease Extension Application
Lease Extension Addendum Application
Lease Renewal Extension Application
Rental Lease Application Form
Lease Credit Purchase Application
Business Lease Credit Application
Industrial Land Lease Application
How to Write a Lease Application Form
One should know that a lease form must be clear, straightforward, and include terms of payment, rules that have to be followed, and the consequences that will happen to the side that happens to break any of the made agreements. So here are the steps that will help you make a proper lease document:
- Make the title of the type of lease form you want to make. So on the top, you’ll want to write something like “Rental Lease Agreement Application” or any other title to make it clear to the lease that this is a legal document.
- Identify all of the parties that are involved with the lease agreement. Make sure that you place in your full name, contact details, and address within the document. You’ll also want to make sure that the lease does the same. You might also want to include other information that could prove useful such as e-mail addresses.
- Describe the asset that’s being covered by the lease contract. Let’s say that you’re writing a residential lease, that means you’ll have to write out the property’s complete address and unit number. The state of the property must also be described in a statement. Be sure that you’re describing the state of the property at the time the agreement is being made.
- State the duration of the lease agreement. The document must contain both the start and end date as well as the specific length of time in days, weeks, or months of the duration of the agreement. If there is any kind of scheduled interruption in the continuation of the usage or if there’s an option for early lease termination, then make sure that this is specified within the lease. So if you’re in the part of where you’ll need to write the duration of the lease, then you should know that leases usually last at least three months, six months, or even a year. You can also take the option of having a monthly or weekly lease agreement.
- Account for all of the funds that are associated with the lease application and agreement. For residential leases, payment should include the amount of rent and the stipulations as to how the rent should be paid. You’re going to need to do three things. The first would be that you have to write what day of the month the lessee should pay the rent as well as where the payment should be sent. The next would be for you to specify a certain amount of time until the lease will be required to pay late fees as well as the amount. And lastly, you must place in the terms of the deposit. State the amount that should be deposited as well as the conditions in which it will be returned. So if there’s anything such as the property that’s being leased out getting damage during the leasing period, then the lessor has every right to keep the deposit or make use of it. However, just remember that one has to place this in the deposit agreement part of the lease form. The number of days when the deposit should be returned after the lease is completed must also be stated within the document.
- Outline the lessor’s obligations within the lease application form. This should state all of the responsibilities of the lessor such as stating that the property is for residential use only. You can also state things like if the lessor is allowed to make changes to the property that he or she is currently leasing such as placing any additional accessories on the leased vehicle or painting the walls of the residential property he or she is currently resigned in.
- Next would be for you to specify the consequences should either of you violate the terms of the lease agreement. This should contain specific details regarding the kind of action that will be taken in the event such as tenant failing to make payments or if either party happens to violate their assigned responsibilities. You should also detail the solutions such as eviction, repossession, or even court action.
- Once everything is all right, then make sure that there’s a space for where both you and the lease can sign and date the agreement. This is to ensure that the application has been finalized and that the agreement will take effect as soon as both signatures are contained within the document.
Making It Airtight
- You’ll have to make sure that the terms of your lease abide by the laws of your state or country. It’s very important that you understand the laws of your jurisdiction when writing up your lease. Because in the event that you end up writing something that’s enforceable, then your lease application might as well be as good as worthless. You can always start with a standard lease agreement and make sure that it contains all of the correct provisions. Just make sure that you go through everything regarding your state or country’s lease laws to ensure that you’ve made a legal application form that won’t have any sort of drawback.
- After you’re finished writing your lease, make sure that you have it reviewed by an attorney. The reason for doing this is because you’ll want to make sure that your lease adheres to your local laws, and to make sure that it will give you the protection that you need should there be any problems. The best thing that you can do is to find an attorney that has had a lot of experience in dealing with going through lease application forms and other similar documents. An attorney who’s experienced will know the kind of correct language that should be used, as well as the right provisions that you should include in your application and agreement form to ensure that your lease is legally airtight.
- Make sure that the language in your form is clear. As mentioned earlier, be sure that you have an attorney help you out with this. You have to make sure that the lease application isn’t difficult for either party to understand. Just make sure that you’re writing in clear and concise sentences and that there are no errors when it comes to grammar or structure. Just do what you can to ensure that no confusion will arise. You can even use special highlighting for the important parts. So things you can highlight are the rent amount, deposit amount, and the important dates of when the rent should be paid.
So if you would like to know more about lease applications or if you would like to make use of them, then you may go through any of our lease application templates that we have available.
You may also like
Standing Order Template - 9 Free Word, PDF Documents Download ...
7+ Land Contract Forms - Free Sample, Example, Format Free ...
6+ HR Interview Forms HR Templates | ...
Release of Liability Form - 7+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
35+ Best PHP Contact Form Templates
Guardianship Forms - 9+ Free PDF, Word
Model Release Form Template - 8+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Corporate Resolution Form - 7+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
15+ Best PHP Registration Form Templates Free & Premium ...
4 HR Payroll Forms HR Templates | ...
Medical Consent Form - 9+ Free PDF, Word, Documents Download ...
Disciplinary Action Form - 20+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...