Our lifestyle never ceases to stop evolving. To accommodate it, we have made a lot of changes when it comes to our finances. One of these changes is the money order forms that we use. Most banks use an order form template to generate the printed ones they handout to consumers.
By definition, a money order form is a printed order which serves as payment for a definite amount of money. They’re usually issued by the post office, or a bank. You can think of them as a different type of purchase order form, since they basically serve the same purpose.
24+ Order Templates in Word | Excel | Google Docs | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Apple Numbers -START DOWNLOADING
Change Order/Money Transfer
Blank Money Order
Money Order Claim Form
Money Order Payment
How to Write a Money Order Customer Request Form
You can’t just ask for any kind of information from the customer in writing a money order form. For example, simple order forms would often only ask for their name and credit card number. Making a money order customer request form requires that you:
- Include a space where customers could write down their name, address, and contact number.
- Provide a space where customers could indicate their preferred mode of payment.
- Allocate an area on which the ordered and paid amount is displayed, similar to sales order form, or any other order form, in general.
What are the Steps to be Followed While Writing a Money Order
Remember that you’re dealing with a very sensitive transaction when writing for a money order. You should aim to reflect your professionalism on paper when writing an order form template. You should always take proper steps while writing one:
- Keep your money order form short and concise. Too many details would confuse the client.
- Always include the grand total, which is required in all order forms, even in a fundraiser order form.
- Include if the payment is via check, or cash. It’d be easier for you to determine the mode of payment.
Money Order in PDF
Transfer Order of Money
Money Order Deposit
Postal Money Order
Money Order in Word Format
Tips to Fill Out a Money Order in 5 Easy Steps
Although filling out the money order form is done by the payer, you could still get useful insights from it. The tips about filling it out can come pretty handy. Also, you can fill out a money order in five easy steps:
- Name – Every type of form, from free order forms to internal order forms, starts with the name. Fill out the part where it says recipient’s name with your full name, middle initial, and last name.
- Address – The address portion is very important. Write down your full address, starting from the street address, house number, state and zip code.
- Account Number – This would be optional in some cases, as you would only need to usually include the account number for bill payments. However, be sure to write it down whenever necessary.
- Signature – Don’t forget to sign your signature on the space that either says “buyer’s signature” or “purchaser’s signature.”
- Receipt – Since this is an official financial transaction, it’s expected that you’ll be receiving a receipt and be sure to keep it.
Bonus tip: If ever you find yourself uncomfortable with any of the information being asked for you, feel free to relay this to the seller.