Business transactions between a buyer and a seller requires the use of an Excel order form, most especially for start-ups or small business. An order form serves as an evidence that a transaction transpired between entities. Take, for example, a purchase order form—one of the most widely used order forms among businesses that results to an agreement between the buyer and the seller once it is accepted by the receiving party.
There are different formats of order forms that is applicable to different types of transaction involving products and services. you can use the following order form templates to give you a hand with the order form formats you need for your business transactions.
Sales Order Form
Order of Direct Sales
Fundraiser Sales Order
Purchase Order Sample
Local Purchase Order
Order for Customer Purchase
How to Make an Order Form Template in Excel Format?
With the use of the free order forms as your guide, you can follow the steps below so you can create the necessary document you need, specifically order transactions in Excel format. Unlike an order form in PDF, Excel automates calculations so you do not have to crunch numbers manually:
- Open two spreadsheets in a workbook. After a workbook is opened for you to work on, open two spreadsheets and label them accordingly. One is labeled for the products list; another is labeled for the order form.
- Format as a table the products list with its respective prices on the Products sheet. Start off with enumerating the products of your business together with each of its unit price and formatting the list as a table. This is especially helpful once you set up your order form particularly when its a change order form.
- Create a table for your order form and format it. Make a table containing four columns labeled with the following: product, price, quantity, and total. Under the product column, you can add a drop down list with the use of Data Validation feature. For the price, use the formulas: VLOOKUP and IF which allows the price cell to instantly indicate the product’s price once the name of the product is written on the product column. Insert formulas for sum totals.
- Customize your order form. Add your company logo and the order form date. Include an order number and a customer list.
Corporate Delivery Order
Job Order Form
Sample Job Order
Employer Job Order
Job Work Order
Product Order Form
Product List Order
Wholesale Product Order
Categories of Order Form Formats
If you are in need of order forms for your business orders, here are the categories of simple order form formats as provided for your perusal on this website, listed as follows:
- Sales Order Form – This order form is issued by the seller to the customer after receipt of a quote for the products or the services being sold.
- Purchase Order Form – A customer sends this order form to the seller for the order to be processed just like how the t-shirt order form templates are used for.
- Delivery Order Form – When a business offers delivery service to customers, an order form of this format is filled up by the customer availing the delivery service.
- Job Order Form – Otherwise known as a Work Order Form, this category of an order form pertains to provision of work taking into account the specifications stated by the customer on this form.
- Product Order Form – The format for this order form is applicable to products being sold to distributors, wholesalers and retailers.
- Customer Order Form – If a customer opts to buy or to pay a product or a service, he fills out an order form of this format in order to avail the product or the service to be purchased.
- Event Order Form – Events are conducted with food and drinks which entails the need of an order form for catering services in restaurants.
- Travel Order Form – This order form pertains to the transportation services issued by the customer for a specific date and time.
- Appraisal Order Form – A customer who wants a lending institution to appraise his property would submit this type of order form especially if the property being appraised is up for mortgage of a loan.
- Doctor’s Order Form – This involves doctor’s orders and prescriptions to the patient receiving treatment and check ups from the issuing medical doctor.
- Postal Order Form – This blank order form on this website covers postal information in relation to mailing and receiving of parcels and letters.
- Fax Order Form – Money order forms are examples of an order form that is faxed to the receiving entity.
Customer Order Form
Order for Customer Consignment
Search Order of Customer
Customer Order Example
Restaurant Event Order
Event Order Example
Requsition Travel Order
Travel Order Example
Travel Order Form Sample
What to Include in a Basic Order Form
There are different variations of order forms, which depends on the business industry the order form is used for. Take, for example, the formats on the product order form and the travel order form containing specific details relevant to its usage. They differ in terms of purpose but have features similar to a basic order form, which includes the following:
- Seller and Buyer Details – As you may have noticed in most of the order form template samples on this website, there is always complete business information of both the seller and the customer. This aids in the communication and the validity of the transaction between businesses.
- Order Form Details – This information pertains to the date the order was issued and the number of the order form issued. This will give both the seller and the buyer less difficulty in tracing the information on the transaction related to the order form.
- Descriptions of the Order – The products or services together with the respective unit prices are recorded in detail on the order form that will serve as reference of company reports.
- Shipping and Delivery Terms – These terms are specified by either the seller or the buyer depending on the type of order form issued between the parties.
- Payment Due and Date – The total amount of payment and the due date along with the payment mode comprises the payment terms of the transaction.
Work Order Form
Free Work Order
Variation Order Sample
Blank Order Form
Blank Doctor’s Order
Fax Money Order
Fax Order for New Prescription
General Fax Order
How to Use an Order Form Template?
If you are in need of an order form for your business and you don’t have a fair knowledge on what to include on the outline of an order form for your business, you can make use of various order form Excel templates on the web for a start. Here’s a guide on how you can use an order form template:
- Select the right order form template for your business transactions. There are various order form templates you can choose but there are only a few order form outlines that are applicable and are related to your business transactions.
- Download the suitable order form template format. Once you have chosen the right order form template, download the template in format that is editable with the use of a computer application, such as Word or Excel program.
- Customize the order form when it is opened. Insert your business logo and relevant contact and business information on the order form template once it can be edited. Add the necessary information on the spaces provided by the outline.
Do not forget to check out these order form formats if you are looking for the order format template that is right for your business transactions.