An order form or a purchase form is a document made by a company or a business to be given to the consumers. It is a document that states everything that the consumer needs to purchase and allows the person to but the items to see all the details of the purchase transaction.
It is very important to have an order form as it allows the business to assure that all items are already approved by the client so they can already get it from respective suppliers. You may take a look at our downloadable samples and templates of an Order Form and use them as references should you be needing them.
Printable Purchase Order Form Template
Printable Photo Shoot Order Form Template
Printable Work Order Form Template
Printable Menu Order Form Template
Printable Product Order Form Template
Items Included in the Order Form
An order form must have the following information for it to be useful to both the company who is to provide the products and the consumers who will buy them:
- The name and location of the company
- The number of pieces needed by a consumer per item
- The total number of items to be bought
- The name or description of the items
- The price per item and the price per item group
- The overall price that the consumer needs to pay
- The signature of the person who made the order form
- The date when the order form has been made
All this information should be double checked so that the transaction will run smoothly and there will be no arguments and misunderstanding that may arise should one or two item/s not be placed. It is very important to see all the details are correct especially the pricing computation as it is where usual errors may occur.
Aside from our order form samples available in this page, you may also download our Blank Order Form Template and T-Shirt Order Form Template for more templates and examples.
Printable Sales Order Form Template
Printable Official Order Form Template
Printable Catering Order Form Template
Printable Event Order Form Template
Printable Retail Order Form Template
Importance of an Order Form
It is very important to have an order form for the following reasons:
- It provides a more detailed listing of the items that will be purchased by the consumer.
- It gives information about every item including the number of pieces that is to be bought and the total number of pieces per item that is being required by a specific consumer.
- It gives the visuals of the computation of amount including the per item computation and the overall cost computation for the transaction.
- It gives focus in all the materials and aspects that are needed to be able to assure that nothing is left behind or over board.
Importance of Reviewing an Order Form
Aside from its importance of a document, it is also important to review every thing that is in a order form for the following reasons:
- It will allow the business to make sure that they are the same page with the consumer especially in terms of the number of items that they need to provide for the buyer.
- It helps the consumer to know all the details of the purchase and reviewing it will make sure that he or she will get everything that he or she needs.
- It gives both parties the assurance that they have agreed upon all the items of a specific transaction before it can actually take place.
The next time that you are to create an order form or receive one make sure to remember all the items listed in this article to fully utilize the purpose on why an order form has been made. You may use our Excel Order Form Template as a guideline in creating an order form.