Order forms may appear insignificant and valueless for some. However, order forms are considered as commercial and legally binding document. In terms of organization and documentation, order forms make it convenient and easy for the business owners to record relevant terms and information arising from a sale transaction.
Aside from the business price list that showcase the different products and services offered by a certain business, order forms are important in evidencing the relevant sales agreements. On another note, price list templates go hand in hand with order form templates because order forms must reflect correct and accurate price breakdown.
24+ Order Templates in Word | Excel | Google Docs | Apple Pages | Google Sheets | Apple Numbers -START DOWNLOADING
Application for Consent Order
Sample Consent Order Form
No Contact Order
Key Features of an Order Form
As shown in different free order forms provided, the layout and format of an order form vary considerably. Nonetheless, the following are the common elements of an order form:
- Client Details – Specifically in purchase order forms , a section for client or customer details is provided. This may include the name of the client, his or her contact and email addresses, and other necessary details that must be included in this section.
- Order Number – This refers to the serial number or other identifier attached to your order form for tracking and monitoring purposes. An order form in Excel, Word or PDF is easy to manage and update that is why most businesses store hard and soft copies of their utilized and unused order forms.
- Order Date – The issuance of the order form must be expressly indicated. This is done in order to avoid conflicts and disputes regarding issuance and dissemination of order forms.
- Payment Terms and Conditions – In an order form, the payment terms must be clearly and expressly indicated. This is to ensure that the client can easily understand the conditions. The mode of payment or payment arrangement must also be indicated. Furthermore, blank order forms showcase more components of order forms.
Catering Event Order
Order for Special Event
Event Registration and Product Order Form
Job Order Forms
Sample Job Change Order
Temporary Job Order Request
Common Classification of Order Forms
To give you more ideas regarding the format and structure of order forms, you may refer to the following common classification of order forms:
- Consent Order Form Template – This type of order form is legal in nature. Depending on the prevailing laws pertaining to persons and family relations, consent order forms are used to confirm an agreement pertaining to division of assets under a legal decree of separation between spouses. The contents and salient sections of the said template are emphasized in the templates.
- Contact Order Form Templates – In order to efficiently record contact details and information, you may refer to this order form. On another note, there is also a no contact order form template. The template provided can help you understand how the said order form work.
- Delivery Order Form Templates – It is already a common practice among businesses to deliver goods and services to their customers and clients. To ensure that the clients received the quantity and quality of the product that is ordered, a deliver order form is needed. The sections in this form may include the contact details of the customer, the payment terms and conditions, the shipping details, and many more. A good example of this type of order form is the delivery of t-shirt order form templates.
- Job Order Form Templates – In this type of order form, you may include sections such as the job information, the customer details, the required labor and materials for the completion of the job order, the taxes to be paid and other relevant charges and fees. Furthermore, you can personalize the style and structure of your job order form as long as it remains professional and formal.
These are just some of the order form templates that you may review and downloaded. Bear in mind that even simple order forms matter. What is material is its usage and purpose.
Blank Money Order
Money Order Claim
Order Form/Agreement of Purchase
Business Purchase Order
Blank Purchase Order
Wholesale Order Form & Product List
Residence Order Forms
Residence Purchase Order Request
Residence Hall Lines Order
How to Create and Enter a Purchase Order Information in Word
Aside from Microsoft Excel, order forms can also be created and established using the MS Word platform. To supplement the information provided by an order form template, you may consider the following steps:
- Launch Microsoft Word and select a purchase order template. MS Word provides and outlines a variety of templates and order form formatting styles that you may refer to and use. There are pre-made free order form templates suited for different contexts.
- Make necessary adjustments. Under Page-layout, you may make necessary adjustments in the format and structure of the order form such as the margins, border styles, the spacing, and many more.
- Emphasize the use of grid-lines. Grid-lines are important in dealing with order forms because said forms adopt a table-like structure. As much as possible, the grid-lines must be visible.
- Customize the order form to suit your business brand. You may include the logo of your company or even some relevant images if necessary. Specifically in product order forms wherein the order form itself must market or promote the product.
And lastly, don’t forget to highlight your company details. Regardless of the nature and purpose of order form may it be a change order form or a purchase order form, the relevant company contact details must be provided.
Direct Sales Order
Sales Order Entry
Sales Order for Vehicle
Sample Travel Order Form
Travel Order and Claim Form
Work Order Forms
Construction Work Order
Sample Work Order Form
Electrical Work Order
Blank Order Forms
Fundraiser Order Form
Order Form for Budget
Practical Tips in Creating and Managing Order Forms
Most people underestimate the value of order forms. This should not be the case. Order forms must be handled with care and utmost diligence. Bear in mind that order forms arise from transactions that require the payment of money as a consideration such as in the case of package order forms and purchase order forms. In line with this, here are some tips that you may refer to in dealing with order forms:
- Clearly state the completed offer. According to research, most people forget the things that they are buying and actually paying. To ensure that you have documentary evidence to defend yourself in case conflicts and complaints arise, ensure to recap, summarize, and restate the offers clearly and convincingly. As shown in order form in PDF, the statements are clearly emphasized without any cast of doubt or hesitation.
- Manage the clients’ expectations efficiently and professionally. By incorporating all the relevant details in the order form, you can set sound and proper expectations. The client will not be misled or get confused regarding the payment terms or the conditions stipulated.
- Make use of software that allow you to create and edit order forms. Aside from printing hard copies of order forms, storing soft copies and managing databases that cater the production and generation of order form are also highly suggested.