There are so many things that need to be done whenever a company feels like it is time to find and welcome new people to the business plan. It is never an easy process as employers have to make sure that they take every precaution to guarantee that they acquire only the people that best suit their requirements.
So, whenever it is time for a company to start hiring new employees, those in charge of the hiring management team need to create a checklist to ensure that they have followed all of the necessary procedures. This article is going to focus on how you can create such a sample checklist.
Hiring Checklist Template
Process Checklist Template
Checklist for Hiring Employees Template
Creating a hiring process checklist
If you want to make sure that you get the people that you need, then here are the things that you should include in your hiring process checklist:
- Obtain the authority to recruit for and fill the position with your departmental guidelines. Take note that during the hiring freeze, you will be required to make additional approvals before you will be granted such authority.
- Create new job descriptions or you can decide to update the old one to meet the needs of the company. If you think that the position is really critical to the small business and that it requires a background check for all applicants, then you are going to have to include that in the job description as well.
- Determine what criteria will be used during the selection process. To help you out with this, think of the requirements as well as the preferred qualifications that you would like the applicant to possess. Also, you should think about what kind of knowledge the applicant should have in order to take over the position properly, as well as the skills that she possesses that will make her stand out from the rest of the other applicants. You may also like free checklist templates.
- Announce the job posting within the company first and see if there is anyone who is qualified to take on the position. It is always best to have someone who is already working for you to take up the position as this will require much less time and you will be able to assess if the person is indeed right for the open position. You may also see excel checklist templates.
- If you feel that there are no worthy candidates within your company, then you can move to external options to fill out the position.
- Post the job description on social media sites or in your company’s website so that everyone will know what position is open, what the job has to offer, and the responsibilities that the job has in store for new employees.
- Select the people in your company who will serve as the interview committee. These people need to have experience in dealing with new recruits and you also have to make sure that they are familiar with the interview process.
- Once you have decided on who these people are going to be, discuss the selection criteria with them. All of you should talk about it if there are things in the criteria that need to be changed or if everyone agrees that no changes need to be made. Just make sure that all of you are in complete understanding to prevent any issues in the near future.
- Develop all of the standardized interview questions. This is something that you will really need to think on. You have to ask questions that will help you get the employees that you need for your company. Think about how these questions will be able to help you understand the needs of your business as these will help you formulate what you need to ask.
- Go through all of the employment applications that you receive. Check if the applicants pass the basic requirements for the position. You should also get your hiring committee to review them as well since they are going to be the people who will be directly dealing with every applicant.
- After you have gone through all of the applications, identify all of the applicants that will progress to the interview stage of the hiring process. Remember to thoroughly go through all of the applications to ensure that you have all the information that you need on the people that you are going to select as possible candidates for employment. You may also like new employee checklist templates.
- Prepare everything that you need for the interview. The first thing that you have to set up is the space that you will need to hold these interviews. You want it to be a secure area where nobody can listen in except those who are involved in the hiring process. Then, establish the interview schedules to help you determine which candidate will be interviewed on what day and time. Lastly, you must then contact these applicants so that you can inform them when the interview is going to be held and where. You may also see daily checklist templates.
- Conduct all of the necessary interviews. Ask all of the questions that you have listed ahead of time and see how each candidate responds to them. You and the hiring committee will then have to discuss if any of these candidates were able to meet the criteria that you have all decided on. If none of them are qualified enough, then do the entire hiring process all over again.
- After you have determined all of the top candidates for the job, then you must check all of their references. If it is an internal employee, then go to the employee’s personal profile. This should help you see if these people are exactly who they say they are, and if they have given you correct information and not ones that have been falsified.
- Go through the hiring committee’s selections to see if any of these candidates are right for the job. If you are able to determine the best candidate out of the rest, then you have to set up the offer with the best choice. You may also see word checklist templates.
- Obtain salary approval if needed. The best way to confirm the applicant’s previous salary is by calling her previous employer. Once you have confirmed the information and if there are no problems, then you may proceed with the offer and get it approved.
- Offer the position to the best candidate. Send the candidate a letter that states she has been chosen for the position. It should also contain the offer regarding the amount of salary and when the candidate should come into the office to sign the necessary contracts for employment.
- If the position is something that involves the use of heavy equipment or if it requires the candidate to drive company-owned vehicles, then you will have to state that the candidate will be required to take a drug test. You can prepare acknowledgment letters ahead of time that the candidate can sign to show that she has read and understood the purpose of the test.
- If the position is really critical to your business, then you have to do a background check on the candidate. You will need the candidate to sign a background check consent form first before you may proceed in doing so. Also, you have to take note of the policies of your company regarding how background checks should be conducted to ensure that there are no problems.
- Notify all of the applicants that have not been selected for the job. Although this is never something someone wants to do, it is required to do this as soon as possible so that applicants will not waste their time waiting for updates.
- Ask the best candidate to come over and sign all of the necessary documents such as the employment contract, non-compete or non-disclosure agreement, and any other document you will require her to sign. This way, you will protect your business.
- Inform the candidate of her first day of employment as well as her working schedule.
In the event that you would like to learn more about this particular type of topic, then all you have to do is go through our site, find the articles that can help you, and make sure that you use the information to help you and your business flourish.